Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

"No Internet Connection" ...

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wvhmp2u
Username
CptDav
In addition to the "Out-Of-Date-Game" bug in my previous thread, I'm also getting a pop-up saying that I have no internet connection, something like "Internet Connection Needed For This Action" or similar, when I click on both Coins & Cash buttons when trying to buy extra amounts of either.

ADDED: It also appears that gifting MIGHT be screwed up, but I can't 100% confirm this yet. A couple of us who almost always gift each other did not receive any from the other, although we are fairly certain we each sent a gift to the other.

I also usually receive a batch of 5-8 gifts from my "regulars" within 15-20 minutes after I send my daily 20 out. That didn't happen today & best that I can remember, it's been several hours since I received a gift from ANYONE. I almost always get at least 1 every hour or so. Other person says he's experiencing the same thing.

But note that this possible bug isn't 100% confirmed like the one at top is. It might just be coincidental that neither of us have had anyone gift us in the previous few hours. But it does appear suspicious.

Playing on Win8.1 for the record.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Two possible options....
1. You don't have an internetconnection...
2. GI has problems with servers where no connection to your game can't be made....

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wvhmp2u
Username
CptDav
Two possible options....
1. You don't have an internetconnection...
2. GI has problems with servers where no connection to your game can't be made....

Well, #1 is obviously not valid, since I can post on this forum & play all of the game minus the listed bugs. Some others are having same problems & have posted about it, so I seriously doubt if we ALL suddenly lost our internet.

#2 is a possibility, but if so then there must be no connection to only certain parts of the game, since visiting cities, buying greenies/coins, & receiving gifts are all that's affected. Playing the game is no problem, even sending gifts works. The other person just doesn't get them & they evidently disappear into cyber-space somewhere.

Maybe it's strictly a Win8.1 problem, since that forum is where most of the discussion about this is taking place & since it sounds like you, on Android & Iphone, aren't having the problems. But it is most certainly affecting at least those 3 listed areas of the game for us Win8 players. There may possibly be some other area of the game which has become bugged too, but those 3 parts (visiting, buying, gifting) are all that we've found so far. It started somewhere between 6 - 12 hours ago.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Well, #1 is obviously not valid, since I can post on this forum & play all of the game minus the listed bugs. Some others are having same problems & have posted about it, so I seriously doubt if we ALL suddenly lost our internet.

#2 is a possibility, but if so then there must be no connection to only certain parts of the game, since visiting cities, buying greenies/coins, & receiving gifts are all that's affected. Playing the game is no problem, even sending gifts works. The other person just doesn't get them & they evidently disappear into cyber-space somewhere.

Maybe it's strictly a Win8.1 problem, since that forum is where most of the discussion about this is taking place & since it sounds like you, on Android & Iphone, aren't having the problems. But it is most certainly affecting at least those 3 listed areas of the game for us Win8 players. There may possibly be some other area of the game which has become bugged too, but those 3 parts (visiting, buying, gifting) are all that we've found so far. It started somewhere between 6 - 12 hours ago.
If I disconnect wifi, I can't visit neighbors, I can't use bank and promo's, I don't get gifts, can't do launches.... All the rest works and doesn't need internet. The function sending gifts works without internet BUT as you don't have a connection, they get lost in space (outgoing gifts does not give a warning when connection is gone)

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Chri$
Checked on another AC forum and members there are also experiencing issues with gifting, visiting neighbors, error messages, etc. Seems to be just Windows affected, not seeing complaints from other platform users.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wvhmp2u
Username
CptDav
If I disconnect wifi, I can't visit neighbors, I can't use bank and promo's, I don't get gifts, can't do launches.... All the rest works and doesn't need internet. The function sending gifts works without internet BUT as you don't have a connection, they get lost in space (outgoing gifts does not give a warning when connection is gone)

You're not reading my posts. I obviously DO have a working connection since I'm posting on this forum. Nothing is disconnected, unhooked, or turned off or you wouldn't be reading this.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
You're not reading my posts. I obviously DO have a working connection since I'm posting on this forum. Nothing is disconnected, unhooked, or turned off or you wouldn't be reading this.
Nope CptDav, you are not reading my post correctly. I am discribing what problems the game have if there isn't a connection to the internet/server. This to make clear you DON'T get error messages when sending out gifts.

Every once in a while, Android game are also affected by bugs or server errors. Errors in the past include:
  • Cannot visit neighbours
  • Cannot visit iOS neighbours
  • Cannot do launches
  • Rocket returns in 42 years!!!
These errors were rectified eventually, some in the next update(s).

Some people also got blacklisted for "time traveling" and other naughty deeds, and are banned from gifting permanently. Some claimed to be innocent, but are still banned from gifting anyway.

I assume Windows players will also get their share of bugs :).

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
When I was occused of time travelling one of the restricion was acc. to gifting. I could sent 20 gifts per day but only few of the forum members could send them back. I have got about 6-8 gifts a day.

Top Bottom