Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Maximum amount of stars

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Since becoming a member of the 500 stars club I wonder what the maximum amount of stars is that I can reach. I'm almost at the end of getting all stars known to me for standard destinations, events and escavation/adventure flights (now flying for the last stars on Austin, Bergen, Skara, Trondheim and Uppsala and then I'm done). I will then have 513 stars and I know I miss some event stars (I know Riviera and Kiev (Russian quest) and guess some UFO destinations).
@greensmith : Tom, maybe you can help me. You have 535 stars but I only find 173 destinations after some searching (65 standard destinations, 70 escavation/adventure, 3 space, 6 Russian quest, 5 School quest, 3 halloween quest, 6 X-mas quest, 4 Ufo quest(including Area 51), 5 Valentine quest, 3 Mail quest, and 3 St.Patrick quest.
173 destinations will give a maximum of 519 stars (that's also the amount which @DarekK has).
Do you, or somebody else, know if there are more destinations then these 173? Were there maybe standard destinations that disappeared in the beginning or were replaced by current ones?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Some weeks ago I got a subquest with space mission, I had to pick up an item, the destination disappeared after two flights. I sent it to Tom (if he had 3 stars on the destination) so I have it somewhere in my conversations....

Edit: Tunguska

Last edited:

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Thanks Flip! Tunguska was indeed a side mission but came back as event destination in The Outer Limits quest (next to Roswell, Bermuda and Area 51). So I already counted Tunguska in the 173 destinations.

@Deetee04 ,

I have 514 stars and only 9 more stars to collect, for a total of 523 maximum stars.
However, I can only account for 5 more stars to collect (Edge of Tomorrow's five destinations 3rd star), and that would bring it to 519. I have no idea what the remaining 4 are for?? What am I missing?

I know Tom has got some extra stars for iOS when they repeated the Excavations: Mesoamerica, and changed the 3rd star from 60 to 100 flights, but that does not account for all the difference.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
@Deetee04
I think I figured It out. On my profile tab it shows I have three stars in 173 destinations. That makes 519 total stars.
The Russian quest had five destinations -- Minsk, Kiev, Murmansk, Tula and Odessa -- which adds 15 stars. We are now up to 534.
In the Russian quest there was a sub-quest to fly to Brest Fortress to collect a weapon. As soon as you got the weapon, the destination disappeared. I remember getting one star for Brest before the weapon dropped. That makes 535.
UPDATE: Bali Hi is correct. I know Tom has got some extra stars for iOS when they repeated the Excavations: Mesoamerica, and changed the 3rd star from 60 to 100 flights, but that does not account for all the difference.
There was a time when they changed the star requirements and the stars I had already earned for some destinations were blank and I could earn them again. So now I'm confused once more. Oh, well.
Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

R3d_F1v3

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04kf2sac
Username
R3d_F1v3
To track my progress during the game, I have been keeping a spreadsheet that tracks the number of flights/stars that I have accumulated during the game over the past 2 years. I can also confirm a total of 173 destinations for a total 519 stars, which includes the 6 Russian Victory Day destinations (Murmansk, Tula, Odessa, Minsk, Kiev and Brest Fortress) and the 4 UFO destinations (Tunguska, Roswell, Bermuda and Area 51). I also benefited from 5 extra stars when the requirement for 3 stars got bumped up from 90 to 100 flights for adventure destinations, as I had already gotten 3 stars from 5 destinations before the requirement changed. So my maximum number of stars is 524. Also, I recall @greensmith mentioning in a PM to me about this subject that his stars were reset for the Back to School event, so he was able to earn them again. So I say the maximum number of stars varies from player to player depending on if they could take advantage of what I noted above. However, 519 should be attainable for everyone.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Here's what I said to R3d back in September 2014:
Some of us were able to get nine new stars for the latest Back to School quest? I finished that a couple years ago and got stars for the three destinations. When the quest returned this year, those destination stars were blank ... meaning I could get them once again.
Maybe that will help fill in the blanks.
Cheers,
Tom

To track my progress during the game, I have been keeping a spreadsheet that tracks the number of flights/stars that I have accumulated during the game over the past 2 years. I can also confirm a total of 173 destinations for a total 519 stars, which includes the 6 Russian Victory Day destinations (Murmansk, Tula, Odessa, Minsk, Kiev and Brest Fortress) and the 4 UFO destinations (Tunguska, Roswell, Bermuda and Area 51). I also benefited from 5 extra stars when the requirement for 3 stars got bumped up from 90 to 100 flights for adventure destinations, as I had already gotten 3 stars from 5 destinations before the requirement changed. So my maximum number of stars is 524. Also, I recall @greensmith mentioning in a PM to me about this subject that his stars were reset for the Back to School event, so he was able to earn them again. So I say the maximum number of stars varies from player to player depending on if they could take advantage of what I noted above. However, 519 should be attainable for everyone.

@R3d_F1v3 ,

If you have an excel speadsheet for the above, could you post them here??
It would be very helpful for us star chasers!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Yes, I can. I need to clean it up a bit first. Give me a day or two so that I can make it presentable.
@R3d_F1v3
You may have to compress the Excel file to get it to work. That's what I had to do to make it available on the forum. Right click on the file and select send to compressed (zipped) folder.
Cheers,
Tom

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Thanks @flip123 , @greensmith , @R3d_F1v3 and @Bali Hi for helping to make this clear!!

The 6 russian destinations were already counted by me in the 173! Even for Brest Fortress there were 3 stars to get because I remember to fly to it with 3 green attack planes at the time.
I think now we can say for sure that the maximum at this moment is 173 destinations with 519 collectable stars.
And that there are 2 glitches in the game who gave in the past some of us the oppurtunity to collect more:
  • the number of flights needed for 3 stars at the oldest (I read in old topics only the Aztec, Stonehenge and Greek Temple, so max 15 extra stars) adventure flights changed from 90 to 100 when the escavation maps were introduced..
  • The second edition of the Back to school event gave some people (not me, I had an automatic finish in 2013) the chance to collect 9 stars(3 destinations) again.
Conclusion: 519 stars is the standard maximum at this moment and reachable for everybody. Due to glitches it is in theory possible to have 543 stars although the max of destinations stays at 173..
So, sorry Tom, you could have more stars but for sure I know now that nobody is ever gonna beat you (unless you stop playing)!

For myself it is clear too, 9 more Giant flights (Austin) and 105 Jumbo flights (Skara, Trondheim and Uppsala) and I'm done for the moment and will have 513 stars. And hoping that there will be another chance to get the last 6 missing stars from Riviera, Kiev(Russian quest), Roswell(2) and Bermuda(2).

Cheers,
Dick

Last edited:

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Thanks @flip123 , @greensmith , @R3d_F1v3 and @Bali Hi for helping to make this clear!!

The 6 russian destinations were already counted by me in the 173! Even for Brest Fortress there were 3 stars to get because I remember to fly to it with 3 green attack planes at the time.
I think now we can say for sure that the maximum at this moment is 173 destinations with 519 collectable stars.
And that there are 2 glitches in the game who gave in the past some of us the oppurtunity to collect more:
  • the number of flights needed for 3 stars at the oldest (I read in old topics only the Aztec, Stonehenge and Greek Temple, so max 15 extra stars) adventure flights changed from 90 to 100 when the escavation maps were introduced.
  • The second edition of the Back to school event gave some people (not me, I had an automatic finish in 2013) the chance to collect 15 stars(5 destinations) again.
Conclusion: 519 stars is the standard maximum at this moment and reachable for everybody. Due to glitches it is in theory possible to have 549 stars although the max of destinations stays at 173..
So, sorry Tom, you could have more stars but for sure I know now that nobody is ever gonna beat you (unless you stop playing)!

For myself it is clear too, 9 more Giant flights (Austin) and 105 Jumbo flights (Skara, Trondheim and Uppsala) and I'm done for the moment and will have 513 stars. And hoping that there will be another chance to get the last 6 missing stars from Riviera, Kiev(Russian quest), Roswell(2) and Bermuda(2).

Cheers,
Dick

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Sorry, I wanted to edit and change something in my post but can only reply (can not even delete too!).

This is supposed to be the new text:
  • the number of flights needed for 3 stars at the oldest (I read in old topics only the Aztec, Stonehenge and Greek Temple, so max 15 extra stars) adventure flights changed from 90 to 100 when the escavation maps were introduced.
  • The second edition of the Back to school event gave some people (not me, I had an automatic finish in 2013) the chance to collect 15 stars(5 destinations) again.
Conclusion: 519 stars is the standard maximum at this moment and reachable for everybody. Due to glitches it is in theory possible to have 549 stars although the max of destinations stays at 173..

R3d_F1v3

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04kf2sac
Username
R3d_F1v3
Here is the spreadsheet that I use to track the number of flights/stars that I have completed. It is divided up into 5 sections: Regular, Adventure, Space, Special Quest and Launch Destinations. The first two are self-explanatory. Space Destinations includes the Outer Limits and Edge of Tomorrow collections that require maps from coming in first place from Prometheus and Lunar launches, respectively. Special Quest Destinations include annual quests, i.e. Santa’s Bad Day, Long Awaited Mail, Russian Victory Day, etc. Launch Destinations count Apogee, Prometheus and Lunar Launches.

Each destination has a column for the maximum number of flights required for 3 stars, a place for you to enter the number of flights that you have completed for that destination, and a column for the number of flights required for 1, 2 and 3 stars. Enter the number of flights that you have completed for a given destination under the “Flights” column. The spreadsheet automatically calculates how many additional flights will be required to get 1, 2 or 3 stars in the respective column. If you have enough flights to get a star, you will see “Complete” in the column for that number of stars. The total number of stars completed for that destination is calculated in the last column. If you have gotten extra stars when the number of flights required for 3 stars for adventure destinations was bumped up from 90 to 100 flights, or if some of your stars for Special Quest Destinations were reset and you were able to get them again, you will have to change the equation in the last column. It is pretty easy to do, PM me and I will tell you how.

A table that summarizes the total number of destinations, the number of completed stars, the total possible number of stars, and the % of stars completed for each group is at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Also, to the right of the Special Quest Destinations you will see a separate work area that will calculate the % stars completed vs the % time remaining for a quest so you can see if you need to concentrate on a particular destination. The number of flights completed is already carried over from the area on the left; just enter the number of days and hours remaining and the number of flights that are en route.

Ninety five percent of the number of flights required for each star level was verified personally from my Android game. I could not personally verify the 3 UFO destinations (Tunguska, Roswell and Bermuda) since my game caught a bug and the quest has not been repeated. I used a map to Area 51 that I had leftover, so those numbers should be correct. Also, I have not been able to play the Russian Victory Day quest, so someone should verify all of the details for those destinations (Murmansk, Tula, Odessa, Minsk Kiev and Brest Fortress). The numbers I used were from the wiki page for each of those destinations.

Let me know if there are any questions, errors or bad equations and I will try to respond. Feel free to modify the spreadsheet for your use.

Attachments

• Stars R3d_F1v3 v1.0.zip
    41.6 KB · Views: 242

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Here is the spreadsheet that I use to track the number of flights/stars that I have completed. It is divided up into 5 sections: Regular, Adventure, Space, Special Quest and Launch Destinations. The first two are self-explanatory. Space Destinations includes the Outer Limits and Edge of Tomorrow collections that require maps from coming in first place from Prometheus and Lunar launches, respectively. Special Quest Destinations include annual quests, i.e. Santa’s Bad Day, Long Awaited Mail, Russian Victory Day, etc. Launch Destinations count Apogee, Prometheus and Lunar Launches.

Each destination has a column for the maximum number of flights required for 3 stars, a place for you to enter the number of flights that you have completed for that destination, and a column for the number of flights required for 1, 2 and 3 stars. Enter the number of flights that you have completed for a given destination under the “Flights” column. The spreadsheet automatically calculates how many additional flights will be required to get 1, 2 or 3 stars in the respective column. If you have enough flights to get a star, you will see “Complete” in the column for that number of stars. The total number of stars completed for that destination is calculated in the last column. If you have gotten extra stars when the number of flights required for 3 stars for adventure destinations was bumped up from 90 to 100 flights, or if some of your stars for Special Quest Destinations were reset and you were able to get them again, you will have to change the equation in the last column. It is pretty easy to do, PM me and I will tell you how.

A table that summarizes the total number of destinations, the number of completed stars, the total possible number of stars, and the % of stars completed for each group is at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Also, to the right of the Special Quest Destinations you will see a separate work area that will calculate the % stars completed vs the % time remaining for a quest so you can see if you need to concentrate on a particular destination. The number of flights completed is already carried over from the area on the left; just enter the number of days and hours remaining and the number of flights that are en route.

Ninety five percent of the number of flights required for each star level was verified personally from my Android game. I could not personally verify the 3 UFO destinations (Tunguska, Roswell and Bermuda) since my game caught a bug and the quest has not been repeated. I used a map to Area 51 that I had leftover, so those numbers should be correct. Also, I have not been able to play the Russian Victory Day quest, so someone should verify all of the details for those destinations (Murmansk, Tula, Odessa, Minsk Kiev and Brest Fortress). The numbers I used were from the wiki page for each of those destinations.

Let me know if there are any questions, errors or bad equations and I will try to respond. Feel free to modify the spreadsheet for your use.
Great list and a lot of work you have done!
I'm not gonna use it because I almost reached the maximum but I think it will help other players a lot!
On small mistake, destination Salem is in your list twice. It is only from the Halloween quest, not the Back to School quest. You missed Stanford as destination there.
And my own miscallculation, Back to School had 3 destinations, not 5. So the in theory possible maximum is 543 stars. Better for you Tom @greensmith !

R3d_F1v3

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04kf2sac
Username
R3d_F1v3
Great list and a lot of work you have done!
I'm not gonna use it because I almost reached the maximum but I think it will help other players a lot!
On small mistake, destination Salem is in your list twice. It is only from the Halloween quest, not the Back to School quest. You missed Stanford as destination there.
And my own miscallculation, Back to School had 3 destinations, not 5. So the in theory possible maximum is 543 stars. Better for you Tom @greensmith !
Thanks for catching that. I will update it once I receive more input.

R3d_F1v3

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04kf2sac
Username
R3d_F1v3
Sorry, I wanted to edit and change something in my post but can only reply (can not even delete too!).

This is supposed to be the new text:
519 is kind of reachable for everybody. The UFO quest has only shown up once, and not everyone's device can be changed to Russian. Since I can do neither of these two quests, that is 30 less stars that I can get. I am holding out hope that these quests will be made available to everyone.

Top Bottom