Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Launches exeeding total points

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
I joined @OVA international 's green launch.
There were already 808 points in of the total 1600, a sure fire gold medal for OVA...
I kept adding to the total until the point I only needed 16 points. Due to timing issues I decided use a 40 point Large Fuel Tank for completion. This however put us over the green launch limit with 1624 points and me in first with 816 points, making me mistakenly a hijacker.
Any ideas how this could be possible? Or has anyone had any similar experiences?

Last edited:
I have noticed that the points that take you over the total points required are credited to you in full.

However I have set myself a target of the number of points that are appropriate for a 2nd or 3rd place.
Green - 384, Blue - 480, Red - 720.

This means that I am unlikely to become a 'Hijacker'

Having said all that, I like to think that Neighbours will always forgive genuine mistakes the first time. However next time around they may be less charitable.

Regards
Harcourt

Most people assume that if they had put in slightly more than 50% of the total fuel needed, then they have secured #1 position.
This is not true.

The #1 winner is the person who has the highest fuel points the moment total fuel exceeds 1600 fuel points (for a Green Launch).

If the launch leader has 978 fuels and the 2nd placed person has 620, total points is 1598 (2 less than required), the laggard can stlil put in a PEB (360) to win the #1 place with 980 fuel. Of course he can complete the launch by putting in anything less than a PEB, but that would not get him #1 position.

In the old days when hijacking was more common, hijackers often spend more fuel than necessary just to overtake the launch leader who thinks he / she already secured #1.

R3d_F1v3

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04kf2sac
Username
R3d_F1v3
FYI if you want to start a launch and guarantee that you can not be overtaken for first place, add half of the total points required, plus half of a PEB and add 2. If you stick to this rule, second place can not get within a PEB without completing the launch. Do the math and see for yourself!

FYI if you want to start a launch and guarantee that you can not be overtaken for first place, add half of the total points required, plus half of a PEB and add 2. If you stick to this rule, second place can not get within a PEB without completing the launch. Do the math and see for yourself!

Indeed or you could just say 982 for green, 1182 for blue and 1682 for red. :cool:

Top Bottom