Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Launch Pad Stuck

Device
  1. Android
Phone: Galaxy SII Skyrocket (Samsung-SGH-I727), Android 2.3.6
Build: gingerbread.ucla3
Airport City version: 1.75

Issue: After updating to version 1.75, the launch pad seems to be stuck (when I click on it nothing happens). I tried to sell the building and get a pop-up message saying "You can't remove this building while spaceship launch is underway". It has been like this for 5 days with no change.

Phone: Galaxy SII Skyrocket (Samsung-SGH-I727), Android 2.3.6
Build: gingerbread.ucla3
Airport City version: 1.75

Issue: After updating to version 1.75, the launch pad seems to be stuck (when I click on it nothing happens). I tried to sell the building and get a pop-up message saying "You can't remove this building while spaceship launch is underway". It has been like this for 5 days with no change.

Samsung Tab 8.9
Android Honeycomb 3.2
Airport City version: 1.76

** copy /paste /edit**
Issue: After updating to version 1.76, the launch pad seems to be stuck (when I click on it nothing happens). I tried to sell the building and get a pop-up message saying "You can't remove this building while spaceship launch is underway". It has been like this for 1 day with no change.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ascsy71
Username
brettgills
Gutted oh well we are use to such glitches now, it's a daily occurrence with one problem after another. Some of the bugs which get rolled out are quite frankly shocking .... it makes me wonder if they even bother opening the game after they coded an update.

I used a main stabilizer for a mission today and didn't get any points for using it. Would have been livid if it had cost me 3 green cash.

It's for this reason I would no longer spend any real money buying cash / coins.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ascsy71
Username
brettgills
So today's problem .... Space mission complete, lander has (apparently) returned to my city, but in true panto style ... oh no it hasn't. Spent 10 minutes looking for it, moved large buildings in case it's concealed but nope it's well and truly lost.

So I'm now stuck as I cannot launch any more rockets.

Merry Christmas GI

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
jw6etw
Username
cap'n5
I wasn't too sure where to post today so I've dredged up this old thread as it seems appropriate.

My Launchpad Mark 1 has been stuck since before Christmas and I have been hoping that the situation would resolve itself with any subsequent game udate - but it hasn't. If I remember correctly @jimmy2nd Bali Hi had the same sort of problem but it got fixed a little while ago with one of the updates. I've tried moving it, I've tried selling it (can't sell while active launch ongoing!), I've built the new Launchpad Mark 2 and am in the process of upgrading the Mission Control Centre. But now I'm in catch22 situation: I can't launch to do the mission to activate the flights that will drop the Spaceship Launch Console to open the MCC to launch the Prometheus...which I may not be able to do anyway if the game thinks I'm still doing a Mark 1 launch. Aaaaaagghh.

My rant is over for now, my coffee's gone cold, and out of sheer desperation I've opened a ticket with GI (which I do with more than a little trepidation!). Any suggestions, hints, tips, you-should-have-dones, and I-told-you-sos would be gratefully received....
Cap'n5

cap'n5,

My launch Pad was actually stuck on 2 occasions:
  1. The first was the 430,000 hours bug, which insinuates I have to wait 49 years before the capsule will return :eek: .
    That was solvable by time traveling backwards several times (while offline).
  2. I was then struck by a permanent Launch pad problem.
    Some people could solve the problem by moving the Launch Pad around. It didn't work for me.
    I can't sell it also, and my Launch pad was out of action for 1.5 months.
I tried to contact GI, and they have assured me on 2 email replies that the bug will be fixed in the next upgrade. Well, it was only on the 5th upgrade (Easter quest) that they finally fixed it!

If you are desperate, you can try point 1.
If you are not that desperate, try to pester GI for a fix and wait...

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Yep, still have my stuck rocket for about 2 months. The new launch pad can't launch as it thinks that there is one in progress on pad 1. GI are there usual helpful souls. I deleted all my waiting neighbours list (yep, remember to housekeep that list to 0 and not let it grow to 1100+....) And it still doesn't work. So now stuck on another rocket challenge and cant finish it

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
jw6etw
Username
cap'n5
But what on earth does having people waiting on your neighbours list have to do with the Launchpad?! (although 1100+ does sound a little excessive :p ). Still, I suppose this is GI we're talking about - and I'm sure you would have asked yourself that when GI recommended this course of action! So, I will remove the four offending waiting people from my list (as they don't seem to be forum members) and report back.... Then I might try the offline clock turning....

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
i0vo6d
Username
lister:Item needed
But what on earth does having people waiting on your neighbours list have to do with the Launchpad?! (although 1100+ does sound a little excessive :p ). Still, I suppose this is GI we're talking about - and I'm sure you would have asked yourself that when GI recommended this course of action! So, I will remove the four offending waiting people from my list (as they don't seem to be forum members) and report back.... Then I might try the offline clock turning....
Weird, when I opened the launch list earlier you had four launches listed! My launch pad was jammed for a few weeks once, the next update fixed it

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
i0vo6d
Username
lister:Item needed
I have four launches.... Great, would be nice if I was controlling them. Can you do a screen shot to pass to GI
lol it was cap'n 5 actually that had 4. Didn't think to take a screenshot and joined a launch now. I've seen people listed as having two launches before but not 4! Have you still not been able to launch since our launch jammed ages ago?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
jw6etw
Username
cap'n5
Well, I'm not quite sure how, but I managed to join a launch!! :D
My GI ticket was still ongoing - Eugene had asked me to send him screen shots but I could not work out how insert/attach them to the in-game GI support window. I had asked him for a direct email address but I never heard back.
Then yesterday I was looking at the ongoing launches and saw two entries for the same person (which is usually a bug, so I thought I had nothing to lose!) and it let me into the launch sequence. After I picked myself up off the floor I was able to put in the last few points to complete the launch - I was incredibly lucky that I got the one where we were putting points in together! So I spent the rest of last night frantically completing the rest of the Phantom Menace mission and was able to join Liebegas and Friso on my first Prometheus launch this evening. I'm a very happy bunny!
The moral of my story? I'm not sure there is one! I don't know if GI managed to solve my issue (I've had no communication with them since they asked for screenshots, and my query now has a tick next to it) or whether joining a bugged launch resolved the 4-month-old launchpad limbo!
must_dash : I hope yours has an equally miraculous recovery soon !

Top Bottom