Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

It Came from Outer Space - 2021 Discussion

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
I think this has been discussed before.
Does anyone have any indication that the Secret Basement bonus increases drop rate for entities?

I am not getting anywhere with The Truth Is Out There collection, understandably so. I am just now sending Air Lab Owls to Area 51 non-stop. Up until yesterday I only had 1. Now I have 3. It doesn't seem like I am getting very many Hydraulic Tools to take to the UFO (outside my city). I only have 1 item so far.

I thought to save up the Hydraulic Tools, use a Secret Basement bonus and see if the collection couldn't be done all at once. The reward for level 19 is a Secret Basement. There are no buildings with drops. It would seem that this is what it would be for.

Does anyone have any indication that the Secret Basement bonus increases drop rate for entities?

I am not getting anywhere with The Truth Is Out There collection, understandably so. I am just now sending Air Lab Owls to Area 51 non-stop. Up until yesterday I only had 1. Now I have 3. It doesn't seem like I am getting very many Hydraulic Tools to take to the UFO (outside my city). I only have 1 item so far.

I thought to save up the Hydraulic Tools, use a Secret Basement bonus and see if the collection couldn't be done all at once. The reward for level 19 is a Secret Basement. There are no buildings with drops. It would seem that this is what it would be for.
Back to the butterfly effect :LOL: Back during that event some felt it "should" work on entities (search for thread) but the bonus specifically states buildings so weren't too many willing to try using it. Need 4 of collection for single crop circle, that's potentially a lot of hydraulic tools. Unless just going for it once for the event. The pilot who did attempt using bonus felt it did improve drops but I'd say use at your own risk or save for better day. 🤔

Last edited:

It says building so it’s drops from buildings. Use a flight bonus - spy glass, sky captain, etc. They work on flights so should improve drops.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
It says building so it’s drops from buildings. Use a flight bonus - spy glass, sky captain, etc. They work on flights so should improve drops.
I had spy glass, dice, golden dice and bowl of riches this morning. Bowl of Riches says quest item drop and the others say drop from planes. So,..... I don't know how many UFOs I tried during that time period. It couldn't have been but 20 or less. ( I was focused on Area 51 flights) Those dropped great. Also the hawks from Tunguska dropped a lot.

Last edited:
I had spy glass, dice, golden dice and bowl of riches this morning. Bowl of Riches says quest item drop and the others say drop from planes. So,..... I don't know how many UFOs I tried during that time period. It couldn't have been but 20 or less. ( I was focused on Area 51 flights) Those dropped great. Also the hawks from Tunguska dropped a lot.
So they worked as flight bonuses. Quite correctly. No bonus will change the drop rate from clicking on UFOs. Just need more hydraulic tools, patience, and maybe even finish next year. Just don’t accept any collections till you’ve finished all you need then they won’t be wasted and you can use them next time round.

Looking for some help. I have one Air Lab from a previous event but cannot get any more , I have Owl aircraft and Air Lab liveries and in reserve the paint facility is available but the livery does not take, What am I doing wrong?
With an owl on a vacant stand the air lab livery won't apply? Hmm, have you actually collected the livery from the collection (above & beyond)?

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
So they worked as flight bonuses. Quite correctly. No bonus will change the drop rate from clicking on UFOs. Just need more hydraulic tools, patience, and maybe even finish next year. Just don’t accept any collections till you’ve finished all you need then they won’t be wasted and you can use them next time round.
Thanks. I will keep at it.
That is a very good point about not accepting the collections.
Also, for newer players a suggestion is to follow the story tasks. Do not accept collections until asked to so. Otherwise you could end up having to collect more than needed.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
Back to the butterfly effect :LOL: Back during that event some felt it "should" work on entities (search for thread) but the bonus specifically states buildings so weren't too many willing to try using it. Need 4 of collection for single crop circle, that's potentially a lot of hydraulic tools. Unless just going for it once for the event. The pilot who did attempt using bonus felt it did improve drops but I'd say use at your own risk or save for better day. 🤔
Well......, I am going to try it. Probably today or tomorrow. I will report back with the results.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
Does the Secret Basement bonus increase drop rate for entities?

I would have to conclude YES.

I used 60 Hydraulic Tools on 60 UFOs (entities), resulting in 92 items obtained in The Truth Is Out There collection. That is an average of 1.5 items per drop. The drop rate for these is seldom. There is no way this could be considered seldom. In fact it is more than always.

My counts were not entirely accurate. I couldn't always see how many items I was getting. Most of them seemed to be 1 item, a lot of them 2 items. 5 times I got 3 items and once I got 4 items. Only 7 times did I get nothing at all.

Another interesting thing is that I got 6 cloud animals in the Cloud Atlas collection for the Cloud Castle. I have never gotten that many in one day, let alone in over an hour. So I might say that the bonus applies to the cloud drop too.

You only get 1 UFO outside your city at a time. It takes 1 minute for it to show up again. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes. I did have to close and restart several times because guest planes were jammed up and once because it would not let me tap the UFO no matter the screen size or position. I earned over 800 Sonic Emitters (currency), between the 5 each for the UFOs and 3 each for guest planes and 10+ Owls and Hawks on event flights during that time. It was pycho. I don't think I will do that again. But it paid off. And it is interesting data to have.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
For anyone who wants to know, the Lucky Ticket bonus does not work with rewards from completing tasks.

The specific wording is, "This bonus increases the amount of adventure currency you earn by 50% for 6 hours." It looks like they do not consider that you have earned a reward.

Top Bottom