Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Intentionally ruining game

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
I actually believe that they are intentionally destroying the game so they can close it down . Maybe it's not making them money anymore , because can anyone give me a better answer as to why they are killing it and making everyone quit .In buissness you look after the paying customers not kick them where it hurts

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
Explain all the restrictions then the ridiculous alliance quests .The lack of drops for space missions .

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
If it wasn't for the top players the smaller players who jump on there space launches would be lost

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
If they want to weed out old player's then they could have simply implemented 100 Limit on every player whether Old or New just like it happened on Facebook platform, There was no need to say that if you reinstall or start a new game only then you will get 100 Limit. But instead they implemented it only on new player's and this is a mistake on GIs part that their server's considers old player's 'who reinstall the game' as New Player's, It can be fixed although it might take some time.

The notion that they are going to let long time players not have that limit is a pipe dream.
It is quite disingenuous of them to even state that going forward this will be true. IMO they
are only trying to blunt the shock and anger of players but have every intention of moving
to this limit for all players period. I guarantee they tracked how it went over on FB and have
calculated how this will affect the player base and the bottom line. Likely this temporary measure
was done because the calculations did not quite match what they saw with FB. I think generally
FB players for the most part are a bit less devoted as games on FB are a small distraction while
waiting to read the next thing on their FB page. You may want to believe the narrative they are
feeding you but in the end you are fooling yourself.

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
If they want to weed out old player's then they could have simply implemented 100 Limit on every player whether Old or New just like it happened on Facebook platform, There was no need to say that if you reinstall or start a new game only then you will get 100 Limit. But instead they implemented it only on new player's and this is a mistake on GIs part that their server's considers old player's 'who reinstall the game' as New Player's, It can be fixed although it might take some time.
I apologize to ask for confirmation but it's so bizzar it's hard to believe at once. :)

If you are "an old player" who started your game before the last update you may play without 100 items restriction.
If you are "a new player" who started your game just recently you have your feet and hands cuffed (so to speak) with this blasted 100 items restriction.
"Old players" have a right to lift the restriction after reinstalling the game through usual tickets to GI.

Does it sum the matter up?

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
I apologize to ask for confirmation but it's so bizzar it's hard to believe at once. :)

If you are "an old player" who started your game before the last update you may play without 100 items restriction.
If you are "a new player" who started your game just recently you have your feet and hands cuffed (so to speak) with this blasted 100 items restriction.
"Old players" have a right to lift the restriction after reinstalling the game through usual tickets to GI.

Does it sum the matter up?
Judging from the replies to players like @mo elbo they state this is the case on the forums but its not true.
As @Wired Parrott said above they are probably trying to cushion the blow and not get all the bad press at once.

If anyone thinks the limit is only for new players (who wont have 100 items of anything) and not for the old time players who have thousands of items in their warehouses they are naive. They obviously want to get rid of all our storage's and the first step has been taken it will happen sooner rather then later.

dtaylor1972

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egjq35
Username
dtaylor1972
Judging from the replies to players like @mo elbo they state this is the case on the forums but its not true.
As @Wired Parrott said above they are probably trying to cushion the blow and not get all the bad press at once.

If anyone thinks the limit is only for new players (who wont have 100 items of anything) and not for the old time players who have thousands of items in their warehouses they are naive. They obviously want to get rid of all our storage's and the first step has been taken it will happen sooner rather then later.

Got 2 of my allience members who got hit with it... Same song and dance... Sorry, nothing they can do!!

They will hit us all with it sooner or later!

When i get hit, ill likely be done!

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
AJ,
Thank you for the response. I respect your opinion and you are closer to G$ than most of us here.
Personally, I have to agree with Fencat and Bob. The only thing they are doing is delaying it. As you said yourself, there is no way for the servers to know the difference between old and new players. What does the 100 limit accomplish? Does it save server space? Saving a number like 100 instead of 3000 can't save much save. I know, I know, they said Game Balancing? What does that mean? Does that mean a person that has played to level 80 and collected 60 Adventure buildings shouldn't have more items than someone at level 3? Why would you only want to limit new players? They don't have 100 of anything.

Anyway, to me, that's the only logical explanation.

AJ,

I think the reason why they did not implement it on existing players is that they may run afoul of consumer rights, especially if they take away something that has been purchased with cash.

Since they have no easy way to check if your over-the-limit Spare propellers was gifted or purchased from say, a Gift Set from the store with greens purchased with cash, they have to let you keep it.

But changing the rules for the future is OK.
Once you have drawn down your Spare propellers below 100, they can freely impose the 100 limit.

About the 100 limit

For me, I don't have a problem with imposing a quantity limit. But the same week they introduce this new limit, they also introduce the new Alliance task with a ridiculous target, that would not be possible without a hoard of flight items in the warehouse. Instead of motivating players to do the Alliance task, most players probably ignored it because it is almost impossible. How many players in your alliance actually completed even 1 task?

AJ, I think a 1,000 item limit would be palatable to most people.
Perhaps you or Ivan could propose to GI policy makers to adjust the limit to 1,000 and avoid an exodus of players in the near future.

They are working on it, Please just give them some time.
Thank you for trying to provide us with some insight into all these changes when G! Is providing so little themselves. If it looks like you are being harassed, then I apologise for most of us. That is not intended, but since you are the closest link to GI that we know, and the only one actively talking AND listening, many extremely frustrated people are venting. If you feel it's directed at you, please know that for most of us, it's meant for GI but unfortunately you have received some shrapnel in the process .

I know that you have passed on the thoughts through your contacts and I'm positive that from time to time your advice to them gets heard and people in here have benefited from that without even knowing that you were involved. And just as Ivan has confidentiality agreements in his employment contracts, I also understand that some of the information that you pass on and receive needs to be carefully considered before being made public. I know that if you say something that you shouldn't, your lines of communication will shut down just as fast and then we'll ALL be in the dark.

In the meantime, I'll wait and see. They know what we think. They know people are angry and worse still, that people are leaving. I know that they know that because I'm sure you've passed that on. I hope things stay civil enough in here that you can keep us informed as best you can and not close up due to any personal attacks from players venting to the wrong party.

Cheers,

Rob.

Top Bottom