Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

If English isnt your first language, please read.

If English isnt your first language, what is your primary language

• Total voters
Behind the scenes we've been having lengthy discussions about adding a new section to the site for members whose first language isn't English.

Looking at my stats, it seems we have a lot of members visiting from Germany, Spain and Portugal.

If your first language isnt English and you struggle to swap gifts with other players due to this, please take part in our poll. If the demand is great enough, this is certainly something we'll look into doing.

Thanks

Dave & Team

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a1kcuxd
Username
Friso
Not that it's the goal of this topic to discuss the idea, but I really dislike this proposal. The strength of this forum is that there is an increasing number of people participating in the daily trading thread. When you need something there is mostly someone that is able to send it to you fairly quick.

By introducing this kind of sections you will split the members by nation. Sure they will keep coming to the main thread, but less and the value of that thread will decrease.

Not that I even think it could be a success, but if there is demand for these kind of problems, why not just make a 'guide' with the correct translations of all the items?

Hi Friso
Some interesting points you've made there.

The new section would be for members that dont post on the forum at present because they dont speak English, so the main threads wouldnt be losing any members.
If members can speak English, it would be in their interest to use the main Daily Trading Threads as they will get the greatest response to their requests. The new section would be just to cater for the non-english speakers.

Dave

Device
  1. Android
Username
goofy
My primary language is Dutch, but I don't need a forumpart with people who have the same language. I agree with Friso that guides in several languages are useful, I have sometimes problems with the name of the items.
My experience is that there are members of my country who explain me a lot by PM, even before I ask an explanation. I appreciate that very much. But there is no need for me for a Dutch part. By the way: Its good for my education and development :D

Agree with Friso and olly 333. I think one of the most important strengths and greatnesses of this forum is it allows people from everywhere in the world to be on the same platform and exchange information, experience, lessons learned, and of course gifts! There have been a lot of members whose first language is not English on the forum gave great comments on this strength in different threads. We have seen so many isolated forums for small regions and/or for smaller languages that do not have enough traffics to make them useful. Do not mean to offense anybody, but obviously English is the most widely used language and allow more people to communicate with each other. It is just my two cents of opinion.

melony

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lbt7wk
Username
melony
please help people with translations. English is my third language so i am little lost sometimes but when people use both English and their first language i don't bother looking at their profiles. it gives me headaches

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
It seems there a lot of people from Holland on this forum;) An easy way to translate the items is to set your phone language on English. Ac will automatically set your language in the game to English.
I've put my phone language on English as standard language because of AC:p For me it is not a problem at all to read in English so it helps me a lot.

Fact is that AC translations of some items are quite terrible..

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
There is something that I really want you to know.

Many people here, including me as a moderator, are not english native speakers. But so far, I have not seen, not even once, anything bad about that fact.

Nobody turned on a post that was not written in perfect queens english, nobody jumped on a wording that was not a 100% correct, nobody gave anyone a hard time for a fail in grammar or spelling or whatsoever..

I am sure that there have been many private messages to correct a mistake in a friendly and helpful way.

I love it.

I think that this forum and us are a prime example of how such things should be handled. Helpful, supportive and friendly.

I can only congratulate all members and say thank you the way they behave.

Putting up a little sub forum for people that are not that fluent in english or are even ashamed or too shy to write a post in english, I don't think it's going to hurt..

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Melanie we are not neighbours and I do not know why or how I got to read this but your English is impeccable. I think your idea is a good one. Reading your signature it looks like your game is over. You could always start again

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Hmm... I don't think anybody cares if someone's English grammar is perfect or not. We are here to exchange gifts and enjoy the game and I think it's going well so far. I hope nobody feels left out just because they think their English is not perfect. Nobody cares. No grammar police here. Just post and we will all respond if we know how to. :)

melony

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lbt7wk
Username
melony
my grammar sucks but i dont think thats an issue in this forum. i just think its better if we stick to one universal language. most of us speak/understand enough english to get by. if i started writing in afrikaans or xhosa i doubt if anyone will understand me, so lets keep the forum english.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
wwo55
Username
wwo55
In my opinion it will be good idea to have the pictures of all the items for gifts.
The reason - in the different languages these items have the different names and a new user cannot understand "who is who".

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a386ohq
Username
mg name what i need
Hello i m french and as usual french people are not good in foreign language but i write what i can and nobody has said it is no sense... it s good for me to read and try to write in english
May be to have pictures of all items and the name in english will be helpful but i have written a paper with the translation, i turn my asus in english open ac and write after i put my asus in french
Thanks

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
please help people with translations. English is my third language so i am little lost sometimes but when people use both English and their first language i don't bother looking at their profiles. it gives me headaches

Just turn ur language settings on ur telephone or tablet on english. Than you can translate it all urself... easy huh ;)

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Hello i m french and as usual french people are not good in foreign language but i write what i can and nobody has said it is no sense... it s good for me to read and try to write in english
May be to have pictures of all items and the name in english will be helpful but i have written a paper with the translation, i turn my asus in english open ac and write after i put my asus in french
Thanks

Indeed. In the early airportcity time... I had my phone always on dutch and was struggling with some translations. Since I have now a phone from south korea, its now always on English :cool:

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
And well about my opinion: im a fierce no voter.

Ive seen many good replies and and have seen my reason s comming back multiple times!

Peace out fellow AC nerds!

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
I don't think any of you who aren't original English speakers have anything to worry about - I'd bet most of you are better English writers than some new hires I've had the last 5 years or so...

Top Bottom