Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Hijackers and Protocol

skiv

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jt8mdr
Username
skiv/most-desired-gift
What is the protocol for the following situations:

1) I started a Green Launch and noticed that one of my non-forum neighbours already had a launch going. With only 6 hours left there was only 232 points contributed. Is this person hoping for someone to join and finish the launch thereby taking first place?

2) Today I did another Green Launch and at the last minute one of my non-forum neighbours joined in and launched. They got third place for only 12 points. This is the second time they have done this.

3) How do you define a hijacker? I am assuming it is someone that steals first place? Or is it someone like situation #2. I would call that person a Freeloader.

My definition:
  • A hijacker is a player who joins a launch and takes first place even though the original launcher has put in 50% or more points.
  • A sleeper is a player that initiates a launch and then forgot to put more points.
  • A free-loader is a player who joins a launch and put in just a few points.
When you start a launch, make sure you have enough points to complete it. Put in 70% of the required points to prevent a hijacking. Keep at least one PEB handy in case you need to thwart any "live" hijacking attempt.

If you join a launch with a sleeper, try to PM that person (if he/she is a forum member) and ask if he/she is going to complete the launch. Never join a launch with a stranger.

Do not begrudge a free loader. Think of it as free points contributed to your launch which you otherwise have to cough up.

Most experienced players nowadays only do Red Launches because it generates more coins / fuel / tokens. Once you have experienced a QL party, where a launch is completed in minutes and dozens of launches can be done in a few hours, you will have a different perspective of launches.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
What is the protocol for the following situations:

1) I started a Green Launch and noticed that one of my non-forum neighbours already had a launch going. With only 6 hours left there was only 232 points contributed. Is this person hoping for someone to join and finish the launch thereby taking first place?
It's hard to tell what they hoped for without actually asking. It looks like they've violated the rule: "Don't start things unless you're ready to finish them". Which here translates to "putting 100% of the points".

2) Today I did another Green Launch and at the last minute one of my non-forum neighbours joined in and launched. They got third place for only 12 points. This is the second time they have done this.
Nothing wrong with that, as long as they don't displace someone else with even less points. There is nothing wrong in launching with 0 points either. Actually, it's a good behaviour, as you should not put considerable amount of points into someone's else launch unless explicitly asked/allowed to, so you don't accidentally hijack one of lower places. Typically 96 pts is the limit for uninvited people (one of each item except the big ones).
With current option to kick people, it also benefits the one who joins as the points you put into someone's else launch are the points you gamble on them not kicking you out.

3) How do you define a hijacker? I am assuming it is someone that steals first place?
Yes, stealing a place defines a hijacker, especially the first one.

Or is it someone like situation #2.
No.

I would call that person a Freeloader.
Freeloader is pejorative. As I explained this behaviour is actually better than unsolicited points so I'd call it "modest" : )

Device
  1. Android
It's hard to tell what they hoped for without actually asking. It looks like they've violated the rule: "Don't start things unless you're ready to finish them". Which here translates to "putting 100% of the points".

Nothing wrong with that, as long as they don't displace someone else with even less points. There is nothing wrong in launching with 0 points either. Actually, it's a good behaviour, as you should not put considerable amount of points into someone's else launch unless explicitly asked/allowed to, so you don't accidentally hijack one of lower places. Typically 96 pts is the limit for uninvited people (one of each item except the big ones).
With current option to kick people, it also benefits the one who joins as the points you put into someone's else launch are the points you gamble on them not kicking you out.

Yes, stealing a place defines a hijacker, especially the first one.

No.

Freeloader is pejorative. As I explained this behaviour is actually better than unsolicited points so I'd call it "modest" : )
You answer it like an Agent, Agent.

skiv

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jt8mdr
Username
skiv/most-desired-gift
Most experienced players nowadays only do Red Launches because it generates more coins / fuel / tokens. Once you have experienced a QL party, where a launch is completed in minutes and dozens of launches can be done in a few hours, you will have a different perspective of launches.
I have actually experience a QL party and it was amazing. I am still doing green launches to get the building - just another aspect of the game.

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
I feel a bit sad when I see someone in a launch on their own with only a few hours to go and not many points
It shows the value of this forum!

Question:
I know that more people in a launch means more points. But is there a limit?
If there were say 20 people in the launch and more people join do they still get points?
What is the largest number of people in a launch anyone had seen?
Had anyone tried a maximum people launch from the forum?

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
I feel a bit sad when I see someone in a launch on their own with only a few hours to go and not many points

Question:
If there were say 20 people in the launch and more people join do they still get points?
Ask @Robby Kusuma He did a movie with "not-sure-how-many" users in one launch, but i am guess it is still a record. :)

Device
  1. Android

Question:
You did sad when you see it.
But if you help, he/she dont care about you too and you finish the launch alone....
That means...
Welcome to real life....

As I know, there are no limit for the joiners in a single launch.
Everyone who joined all will get the prize.
See how nice is Road 404.

The largest number did by Russian Pilots and of course some of Pilots here helped too.
Yes I did once.
It was a record.
Most of my friends helped me....
That time only Android and IOS.....
If we do it again now, would be bigger.....

Will you be the host now?

Thx @Gt city

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
I have only one rule in my launches - all welcome, all places free (regardless of initial point put in).
This is my rule also for launches I start.

My one rule If I join a launch, I won't pass the person that started the launch. Only exception is if they ask me too, it's almost expiring and we're not close, or a mistake (clicking before looking).

Top Bottom