Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Hardware/Software Problems: iOS vs Android

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
There seem to be a lot of hardware/software issues recently: Airport City reset to beginning ... Airport City won't open ... and so on.
I'm curious as to whether or not hardware plays a role in these issues. If you've had a hardware/software issue with your device and Airport City, what operating system and specific device are you using?
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Apple prides itself on its closed system; they say it reduces or even eliminates hardware/software issues. This can cause unhappiness with the length of time it takes them to approve software updates -- witness the frustration of many Apple users with the recent update.
Android is an open system; they seem to approve updates very quickly. Does this translate to more hardware/software problems or not?
Cheers,
Tom

So far, I have had no problems playing AC on Android hardware.
The problem had always been on Game Insight's programing part (unfortunately).

Bali Hi: 1.5 year old Nexus 7, Android Jellybean / Kit Kat. Very smooth.
Bali2 : 3 year old Samsung Tab 8.9, Android Honeycomb. Slower to load and a bit laggy, but everything looks bigger and better.
Bali131: 3 year old Google Nexus, Android ICS, Jellybean. Game is too small on a 4" screen. Not playing it much.

I have also been playing on an iPad 8" mini recently, the experience is more or less the same as on my Nexus 7. However, I am very annoyed that there is no exit button in iPad.

Last edited:
So far, I have had no problems playing AC on Android hardware.
The problem had always been on Game Insight's programing part (unfortunately).

Bali Hi: 1.5 year old Nexus 7, Android Jellybean / Kit Kat. Very smooth.
Bali2 : 3 year old Samsung Tab 8.9, Android Honeycomb. Slower to load and a bit laggy, but everything looks bigger and better.
Bali131: 3 year old Google Nexus, Android ICS, Jellybean. Game is too small on a 4" screen. Not playing it much.

I have also been playing on an iPad 8" mini recently, the experience is more or less the same as on my Nexus 7. However, I am very annoyed that there is no exit button in iPad.
You should try to upgrade your Nexus 7 to Lollipop 5.1 .
It's better for battery life.

Suresh

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Message me for code
Username
Suresh
Are you implying that you have another newer phone which you are not using to play Airport City ??:rolleyes:
I say this on purpose to remind myself that i have to buy a new phone very soon :rolleyes: So many options right now..but i am willing to wait for some time before i do so. :cool:

Top Bottom