Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Gold and Silver subscriptions

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
While everyone has different reasons for playing, I believe this game is about resource management with no endgame. As such, leveling faster to 80 does not mean much. I believe enjoying every level is important and not so focus on leveling up faster.

This game is extremely resource limited. Because you get stuck often, it is very tempting to spend money to alleviate this limit. G! try at every corner to prey on your weakness to patience. So, the daily focus is about learning how to deal with resource. If the speed does not matter, it pays to be patient and not pay for something that is not mandatory to play.

One exception is the bimonthly events. If you want to place in top 3 ( you get airport cash and platinum boxes), it forces you to be fast. So, you need a lot of resources that you normally don't need.

You need to ask yourself what your goal is playing this game. At every stage, there are strategies to improve your limited resources such as buff boxs (increase your passengers or coin) and fuel ring (gifting fuel).

See how far you can go without spending any money. You can always spend money for resources after you give up trying to beat the resource limitation.

When you run out of resources, it is very very tempting to spend money so you can continue to play. However, this is F2P (free to play), you can bypass this limitation by playing multiple Airport City games. Luckily, since the game is F2P, 2nd and 3rd games will be free as well. This will curve your temptation to spend money as you are able to continue playing. Also, you can gift to yourself for material needs.

So, play the first game and when you get stuck due to depleted resources, move to a second game. This will keep you busy and be less tempted to buy more resources.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
To each his/her own, but there's no way I'm going to pay a game maker $120 or $360USD per year just to make their game a little more enjoyable. If you feel like spending $10/month, you're probably better off using that for either a Premium Class event ticket, or buying 100 greenies.

Mega Fleet Lord

Free Federation
Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
20RG6CM2E
Username
FleetLord
Is it worth buying the Gold or Silver subscriptions ?
nope butt.gif

Mega Fleet Lord

Free Federation
Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
20RG6CM2E
Username
FleetLord
Is it worth buying the Gold or Silver subscriptions ?

More accurately i did a basic cost / benefit of the subscriptions vs buying from bank menu vs during an event buying the premium class ticket.

its 🤬 insulting for them to offer the Gold / silver subs.

For me it was worth the $5 USD to get the premium class when i saw Ancient Sanctuary (produce 1 collectible a day) was included in one of the events, then realized the fuel rewards were ~3,000 units then realized most offer a mystery bld or and a livery ... that was enough for me.

One maj Negative was events like Cinemania where u had to use TONS of fuel & precious Time to finish unless u paid another $5 - $20 to complete all 40 lvls in the progress of the event depending on ppl's time they can play the game.

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
I don't have either (not for the lack of trying, it just doesn't want to accept money for subscriptions specifically). It would certainly make it easier in Cinemania (still, I'm close to having 2nd place in the bag) and from time to time it is useful to buy greenies x3 and use it to either expand your airport, increase your production of things like catering, expand how many planes you can have in reserve etc. It comes to wise managing decisions. But unless you play the game like 12 hours a day, you rarely will be in position where you will really need +1 to fuel production. And if that's the case, you have neighbors (including me - from memory I always send you F20), you accumulate barrels and also other stuff that will temporarily boost your fuel regen.
IF you seriously play for 12 hours or more - then it might be something worth considering. Otherwise, probably not. From time to time, there are buildings to buy for greenies that allow you to expand horrendously low amount of population cap. That, expansion of amount of tiles available and buying premium for events is the only money that I see as arguably necessary (when it comes to expanding your airport it arguably IS necessary later on)

Top Bottom