Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Game Studio - worth it?

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
Serious question to those that been here when it was last time. Is it worth expanding Game Studio? I didn't notice from level 1 to 2 that drop rates were marked as higher or anything. So is it worth it?

Serious question to those that been here when it was last time. Is it worth expanding Game Studio? I didn't notice from level 1 to 2 that drop rates were marked as higher or anything. So is it worth it?
Really up to you. There is the satisfaction\recognition of upgrading plus visually the building grows taller. There are additional benefits such as coin production increase, radius increase, etc. but at the initial cost of coins to upgrade so only pays for itself over a long time.

See wiki on building here:
Comes down to if the reward justifies effort...which to warn you, is a lot!

Last edited:
If you are currently at the stage of your game that you care about coins, then the increased coin bonus and radius from higher-level game studios is nice. As Maverick mentioned, it is a ton of work to upgrade them. I have just let it happen as I naturally get drops for upgrading over the years. The only downside to upgrading is that warehousing the game studio will cost you more coins if it is at a higher level. But if you are putting it in the warehouse, you probably have plenty of coins already!

OK. So I'll go for it, but won't try to use greenies to upgrade (which wouldn't make much sense anyway)
absolutely! Almost always a bad idea to use greenies for that. But you can ask neighbors for construction items. (better done via private arrangements, as there are so many different construction items for those buildings)

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
absolutely! Almost always a bad idea to use greenies for that. But you can ask neighbors for construction items. (better done via private arrangements, as there are so many different construction items for those buildings)
Thanks!
Also my league is still half empty - darn,
Screenshot_20231102-210941.png

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
Only reason to upgrade GS during the event is so that you can complete the coin from GS building missions. If you have a magic (buff) square to boost coins, then you should be ok with 6 level 1 GS.

After the event, it makes sense to upgrade to level 10 for very large (radius 5) area buff of 10% coin increase. That is 60% increase for coin buff square just from GS buildings. I still need massive coins for upgrades at level 69. But, for those with 10M+ coins, GS upgrade means nothing.

It has taken me close to 10 months to get 4 buildings to level 10 (from lev 9 to lev 10 requires 80 materials) and the other two are still being worked on. With heli flights giving mats needed to upgrade GS, I expect to get the other two buildings to level 10 as well.

If you did perfect execution, it takes 8 days to level up from 9 to 10 for one building. That is if you don't use 10 free speed up of commercial building mats for something else.

Last edited:

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
Only reason to upgrade GS during the event is so that you can complete the coin from GS building missions. If you have a magic (buff) square to boost coins, then you should be ok with 6 level 1 GS.

After the event, it makes sense to upgrade to level 10 for very large (radius 5) area buff of 10% coin increase. That is 60% increase for coin buff square just from GS buildings. I still need massive coins for upgrades at level 69. But, for those with 10M+ coins, GS upgrade means nothing.

It has taken me close to 10 months to get 4 buildings to level 10 (from lev 9 to lev 10 requires 80 materials) and the other two are still being worked on. With heli flights giving mats needed to upgrade GS, I expect to get the other two buildings to level 10 as well.

If you did perfect execution, it takes 8 days to level up from 9 to 10 for one building. That is if you don't use 10 free speed up of commercial building mats for something else.
Thank. Yeah, it seemed like a lot of work.

Robbie Laker

1300+ Star Club
Mitenrabo Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
... or you can enjoy the challenge of providing the required building items solely by doing the helicopter flights, and watching the GS's grow as a result of your efforts alone, rather than simply asking neighbours or clicking the 'Gimme gimme gimme' button.

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
... or you can enjoy the challenge of providing the required building items solely by doing the helicopter flights, and watching the GS's grow as a result of your efforts alone, rather than simply asking neighbours or clicking the 'Gimme gimme gimme' button.
For now over 300 helicopter flights today. Sadly on Tier 1 drop rate is so-so.

or that also, of course
but for someone starting to play, there are too many different items, too low drop rate on sparrows. they’d better get some help from neighbors or videos, at least until the buildings are good enough for the daily tasks

Yep, is my approach. Save the goods for the really important buildings. These will come in time, just the helo flights alone makes a long standing project (destinations), the drops will follow plus mine are normally warehoused.

Last edited:

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
or that also, of course
but for someone starting to play, there are too many different items, too low drop rate on sparrows. they’d better get some help from neighbors or videos, at least until the buildings are good enough for the daily tasks
I flew to Banff so many times, that when I got Raven, I had 100 catering and strobe light and didn't understand what the fuss was all about.

Most of it was done up until August, I stopped flying helicopters for fun then

Screenshot_20231103-154043.png

I flew to Banff so many times, that when I got Raven, I had 100 catering and strobe light and didn't understand what the fuss was all about.

Most of it was done up until August, I stopped flying helicopters for fun then
Helos aren't fun, they are time consuming and very monotonous. This said, they do come in handy for the couple of events that utilize them, they contribute to daily flight goals and (much) later on can be a revenue stream.

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
Helos aren't fun, they are time consuming and very monotonous. This said, they do come in handy for the couple of events that utilize them, they contribute to daily flight goals and later on can be a revenue stream.
This. But they are also fun, if you have something like Sky Captain activated. They bring money. Give me a sec.

Statistical analysis done on 150 flights says that if you have 5 sparrows and launch them to Banff, then include the cost of parts (not including repairs, but those aren't big costs), you on average get 733.9 gold for those 5 flights. If we assume repair costs take away another 10% (which they don't, they are much cheaper), then all of my Banff flights gave me:

715860 gold over flight time of 216 hours 45 minutes and 3,6 seconds.

Those are measly Tier 1 helis. And again - Flight Cater and Strobe Light - if I fly full tilt, at least 5 of each daily.

This. But they are also fun, if you have something like Sky Captain activated. They bring money. Give me a sec.

Statistical analysis done on 150 flights says that if you have 5 sparrows and launch them to Banff, then include the cost of parts (not including repairs, but those aren't big costs), you on average get 733.9 gold for those 5 flights. If we assume repair costs take away another 10% (which they don't, they are much cheaper), then all of my Banff flights gave me:

715860 gold over flight time of 216 hours 45 minutes and 3,6 seconds.

Those are measly Tier 1 helis. And again - Flight Cater and Strobe Light - if I fly full tilt, at least 5 of each daily.
Yes, as said, revenue stream but not fun to me because next comes producing all the items those flights required which worsens with upgrade\expansion. :banghead:

Last edited:

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
Well, for tier 1 I built 6x Resource base level 2 with additional slot for greenies. So 24. Which is great, because 6 mechanical plants for Tier 2 also make 24 things, which cost 2 Tier 1 things. So I just end up usually in situation that is 100,100,76,76. Clicking without thinking. Of course it can get annoying if you ave to seriously do this for some baka test and flights and costs are randomized and then you get uneven numbers, but that's just my OCD............................................................................. Deep Breaths

Top Bottom