Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Game crashes and never saves...

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
dbw1424
Username
dbw1424
Guys after working with support with the same issue using a second generation iPad it's a memory issue. Mary at support told me I need to have at least 4.0 gigs of free space for the game to run smoothly. Took off a bunch of old apps and now have almost 5.0 of free space. Game was running better but after new winter update I'm back to square one. Check your free space

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
Guys after working with support with the same issue using a second generation iPad it's a memory issue. Mary at support told me I need to have at least 4.0 gigs of free space for the game to run smoothly. Took off a bunch of old apps and now have almost 5.0 of free space. Game was running better but after new winter update I'm back to square one. Check your free space
@Gt city @greensmith @Neil ellor @Mrstepot @Pakman @Bali Hi @Happy Helen @Hburr @LAX @Rsorour

I noticed last Fall that my game (IOS IPad2) was crashing frequently.I checked my Internet Connection and it was just fine. I checked available Memory 5.9 Gig - - checked other APS they were just fine. So I assumed it was Airport City issue. Sure enough an UPDATE came through and all was well !!! No problems no issues. Then the WINTER update came along and back came the problems - "Visit 2 or 3 neighbors- game crashes" Enter Code for Free Greenies (Friday's) - get Greenies and game crashes - LOSE Greenies. Next week - Get Greenies all is well !!. Join Space Launch = all is OK. Join another - Game Crashes. Redeem rewards items - after a few redemptions game crashes and when I re-enter all previous redemptions are LOST. This past weekend was on Sari QL - got a GOLD - as I went to redeem game crashes and LOST GOLD. My IOS is up to date, My available Memory is at 5.9 GIG, my Internet Connection is just fine. I play a few other on-line game plus on-line Poker - No Problems - no issues - ONLY Problems and Issues are with Airport City.
So - I will wait patiently for AC to UPDATE and my guess is that once they do things will work just fine !!!!!
Why do I say this - Easy - The game was fine before the Winter Update and my guess is that AC has two versions of the Game that they use to Update - Right now I'm on the crappy version and when they update they will use V.2 and things will be fine.
I have been an AC player for many years and I understand how Incompetent they truly are. == Bill==

@Gt city @greensmith @Neil ellor @Mrstepot @Pakman @Bali Hi @Happy Helen @Hburr @LAX @Rsorour

I noticed last Fall that my game (IOS IPad2) was crashing frequently.I checked my Internet Connection and it was just fine. I checked available Memory 5.9 Gig - - checked other APS they were just fine. So I assumed it was Airport City issue. Sure enough an UPDATE came through and all was well !!! No problems no issues. Then the WINTER update came along and back came the problems - "Visit 2 or 3 neighbors- game crashes" Enter Code for Free Greenies (Friday's) - get Greenies and game crashes - LOSE Greenies. Next week - Get Greenies all is well !!. Join Space Launch = all is OK. Join another - Game Crashes. Redeem rewards items - after a few redemptions game crashes and when I re-enter all previous redemptions are LOST. This past weekend was on Sari QL - got a GOLD - as I went to redeem game crashes and LOST GOLD. My IOS is up to date, My available Memory is at 5.9 GIG, my Internet Connection is just fine. I play a few other on-line game plus on-line Poker - No Problems - no issues - ONLY Problems and Issues are with Airport City.
So - I will wait patiently for AC to UPDATE and my guess is that once they do things will work just fine !!!!!
Why do I say this - Easy - The game was fine before the Winter Update and my guess is that AC has two versions of the Game that they use to Update - Right now I'm on the crappy version and when they update they will use V.2 and things will be fine.
I have been an AC player for many years and I understand how Incompetent they truly are. == Bill==

I'm using a 2012 iPad (4th gen) with lightning connector, running on iOS 8 and have no problems so far...
I prefer not to update the OS, as newer OS usually takes up bigger memory, which is an issue for older devices.

The iPad2 was released in 2011, so it's one year older. Sometime, a year difference in gadget is a BIG difference.

But I do agree with you that there are like two versions of the program, one less buggy than the other.

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22

@Gt city @greensmith @Neil ellor @Mrstepot @Pakman @Bali Hi @Happy Helen @Hburr @LAX@Rsorour

March 11 2017 - UPDATE -- RE: IPAD2 crashing frequently - etc etc -- A few days ago there was an Airport City update available. I hit OK and waited for the update to complete. Didn't see anything "New" but what I did notice right away was that the "Frequent Crashes" have all but disappeared. There were times when I would visit just 2 neighbors and on the 3rd attempt my game would crash.
I received a number of comments RE my Post -
Someone mention that it was my "OLD" IPAD2,
Someone mentioned that my available 6 GIG was not enough free space,
another mentioned that perhaps it was an issue with my "ISP" -
However, nobody mentioned that perhaps it was just so poor programming by GI !! IE - Perhaps their code was freeing up resources !!!
Well - I'm still using the IPAD2 , still have 6 GIG of available memory, still using the same ISP - !!!
So the question is --------- WHO fixed the "Game Crashing Issue I was having ?????????
-- Bill --

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
@Gt city @greensmith @Neil ellor @Mrstepot @Pakman @Bali Hi @Happy Helen @Hburr @LAX@Rsorour

March 11 2017 - UPDATE -- RE: IPAD2 crashing frequently - etc etc -- A few days ago there was an Airport City update available. I hit OK and waited for the update to complete. Didn't see anything "New" but what I did notice right away was that the "Frequent Crashes" have all but disappeared. There were times when I would visit just 2 neighbors and on the 3rd attempt my game would crash.
I received a number of comments RE my Post -
Someone mention that it was my "OLD" IPAD2,
Someone mentioned that my available 6 GIG was not enough free space,
another mentioned that perhaps it was an issue with my "ISP" -
However, nobody mentioned that perhaps it was just so poor programming by GI !! IE - Perhaps their code was freeing up resources !!!
Well - I'm still using the IPAD2 , still have 6 GIG of available memory, still using the same ISP - !!!
So the question is --------- WHO fixed the "Game Crashing Issue I was having ?????????
-- Bill --
@billsnj
I fixed it, Bill. I fixed it real good.
Cheers,
Tom (The Fixer)

Top Bottom