Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Flying to Cape Town

Have any IOS players actually had an amethyst drop for the Girl's Best Friend collection? I am trying to complete all my side quests and this one is not cooperating.

This is what I have had drop so far:
centrifuge - 22, dryer 22, flatwork ironer 14, washer 32
diamond 7, emerald 6, sapphire 6, ruby 6, amethyst - zilch, nudda, zero

I have 3 starred the destination Cape Town plus who knows how many more flights.

Is this a glitch or am I just unlucky? Not really a major issue as it doesn't do much except complete a side quest but it would be nice to know if I am flying for a reason or just wasting my time, fuel and passengers.

Sambhav Jain

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Sj_(items I need)
Have any IOS players actually had an amethyst drop for the Girl's Best Friend collection? I am trying to complete all my side quests and this one is not cooperating.

This is what I have had drop so far:
centrifuge - 22, dryer 22, flatwork ironer 14, washer 32
diamond 7, emerald 6, sapphire 6, ruby 6, amethyst - zilch, nudda, zero

I have 3 starred the destination Cape Town plus who knows how many more flights.

Is this a glitch or am I just unlucky? Not really a major issue as it doesn't do much except complete a side quest but it would be nice to know if I am flying for a reason or just wasting my time, fuel and passengers.
I haven't flown to cape Town yet.. But I have received 3 of the items from my Aztec pyramid, Colosseum, and Spnix.:cool:

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
I can imagine that this is frustrating. But what SJ says is interesting. These ancient buildings indeed seem to drop particularly useful items. I've had the same. Don't know how it works though :). So, get yr self a pyramid and colosseum or two. These 2 are relatively easy to get, with a lot of fuel and golden dice :D...

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
I can imagine that this is frustrating. But what SJ says is interesting. These ancient buildings indeed seem to drop particularly useful items. I've had the same. Don't know how it works though :). So, get yr self a pyramid and colosseum or two. These 2 are relatively easy to get, with a lot of fuel and golden dice :D...
But, in 100 or 120 flights, when you reach 3 stars, the game should reward you with at least one collection, to finished side quest. For more collections ok, use dice or golden dice, but one reward should be. It is harder and harder for new players... This should be one feature, that should be improved... (n)

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
I have flown to Cape Town 90 times (30 to third star) and could you imagine what stone I haven´t?
Yes... The amethyst.:cautious:
I hope Gt city are correct :nailbiting: and will use golden dice to increase the chance .(y)

I have flown to Cape Town 90 times (30 to third star) and could you imagine what stone I haven´t?
Yes... The amethyst.:cautious:
I hope Gt city are correct :nailbiting: and will use golden dice to increase the chance .(y)

Okay, now I don't feel so bad but.....I don't think I want to spend the hard earned greenies on golden dice for a slight chance of getting the amethyst. If it was to give me a brand new shiny building, maybe worth it but as far as I can see, it is just a quest with nothing in return but a few coins and useless experience points.

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
I'm curious to know if anyone has had good results with golden dice while using them across several stubborn quests, or should they be used only in one particular effort?
I have used golden dice a few times now; costly, and with mixed results.

Sambhav Jain

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Sj_(items I need)
I'm curious to know if anyone has had good results with golden dice while using them across several stubborn quests, or should they be used only in one particular effort?
I have used golden dice many times.
I really helps a lot...
Sometimes I use Spy glass, Dice and golden dice altogether ( When I am flying to excavation sites..)

Use Golden dice during visits to neighbors..
Plenty of stuff u will get..

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
I have used golden dice many times.
I really helps a lot...
Sometimes I use Spy glass, Dice and golden dice altogether ( When I am flying to excavation sites..)

Use Golden dice during visits to neighbors..
Plenty of stuff u will get..
Golden dice works best to adventure and space destinations and for visiting neighbors. The adventure destinations can still test yr patience despite the golden dice but that's airport city... :rolleyes:

Sambhav Jain

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Sj_(items I need)
Golden dice works best to adventure and space destinations and for visiting neighbors. The adventure destinations can still test yr patience despite the golden dice but that's airport city... :rolleyes:
Really well said.
This game is about patience and Temperament.
I have seen hundreds of players lose there patience and leave the game...

But Soldiers like us stay.;)

Thanks everyone for your comments. Figured I would update you on my progress with getting an amethyst drop from Cape Town. After flying 3 jumbo planes constantly for about 2 weeks and just under 200 flights in total, I had 2 amethyst drop this morning. I did not use golden dice and I did not speed up my planes. So my question has been answered, it is possible to get one.

One of my other games actually had one drop from the ski lodge.....go figure....:)

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
Thanks everyone for your comments. Figured I would update you on my progress with getting an amethyst drop from Cape Town. After flying 3 jumbo planes constantly for about 2 weeks and just under 200 flights in total, I had 2 amethyst drop this morning. I did not use golden dice and I did not speed up my planes. So my question has been answered, it is possible to get one.

One of my other games actually had one drop from the ski lodge.....go figure....:)
Just wondering if the 3rd one also finally dropped :p ??

Just wondering if the 3rd one also finally dropped :p ??

For this particular side quest, I only needed 1 to drop and that was the reason it was so frustrating.

I now have just 3 more side quests to finish them all, build a high rise, and complete 2 more guest plane buildings. These buildings have been so hard to get also even though I land guest planes as often as I can throughout the day.

But on a good note, I flew for the Aztec Pyramid yesterday and after flying back and forth using all the maps, 3 alarm clocks, a family ticket and golden dice, I have 2. Continued flying trying for a 3rd one but had to give up when I ran out of passengers and didn't have any more alarm clocks.

Top Bottom