Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Events Question

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Udog
So clearly when an event starts and you enter the game the system attempts to place you into a group with similar ratings as your own. It fills this group up to 100 people and then caps that group. At the end of the game it seems to me that everyone in your group "ends" at a different time. In this way each person gets a full 7 days (if it is a 7 day game) or 7 twenty four hour periods based on when that person was placed in your group of 100. So if you were the first person to enter your game of 100 people, you would be the first person to end your game. The other 99 people would remain in your game while your score remain frozen until the last person has ended. While this seems fair in that everyone gets the same playing time, I have noticed that there are games in which I am notified of the end of the game many hours later. In the game that just ended I have not yet been notified of the end...and its been 15 hours now after my game ended. I assume that I must have entered my game early on and everyone else is still playing. Because of the way this is done, I have no idea what position I will be in at the end. This really defeats the idea that the game is competative during during the event because you have no idea when your game will end compared to the others that are close to you in points. At least that has been my observation as to how the game events are run. Its hard to know since they don't post the game results after the game, just your ending position (which is usually NOT the position I was in at the end of my game). So, my question is: is this actually how the game events work or am I missing something?

As far as I can see across my games…you enter a league when you start taking the progress rewards..the 1st doesn’t do anything..from the 2nd….. You can join anytime just don’t take the progress rewards…. the game countdown counter isn’t changed. The game countdown is always with a few seconds of each other across all my games.. I haven’t seen a huge time lag and so they all finish at the same time. Dont join a league at the start.. it’s not compulsory.. BUT if you buy premium class then ALL outstanding rewards are collected AND you are immediately in a league with vacancies.

So clearly when an event starts and you enter the game the system attempts to place you into a group with similar ratings as your own. It fills this group up to 100 people and then caps that group. At the end of the game it seems to me that everyone in your group "ends" at a different time. In this way each person gets a full 7 days (if it is a 7 day game) or 7 twenty four hour periods based on when that person was placed in your group of 100. So if you were the first person to enter your game of 100 people, you would be the first person to end your game. The other 99 people would remain in your game while your score remain frozen until the last person has ended. While this seems fair in that everyone gets the same playing time, I have noticed that there are games in which I am notified of the end of the game many hours later. In the game that just ended I have not yet been notified of the end...and its been 15 hours now after my game ended. I assume that I must have entered my game early on and everyone else is still playing. Because of the way this is done, I have no idea what position I will be in at the end. This really defeats the idea that the game is competative during during the event because you have no idea when your game will end compared to the others that are close to you in points. At least that has been my observation as to how the game events are run. Its hard to know since they don't post the game results after the game, just your ending position (which is usually NOT the position I was in at the end of my game). So, my question is: is this actually how the game events work or am I missing something?
No, that’s not how it works. @Madge59230 describe it well, I’ll just add some notes.

1. the event ends at the same moment for all players, give or take a couple of seconds

2. During the event, when you finish a task, points are added right away on your progress (the path from level 0 to level 40) but this is not automatically reflected on the league, which is only updated periodically (something around every 10 or 15 minutes or so)
Due to this,

3. Leagues are not updated during the last minutes of the event, so the last position you know of isn’t necessarily the final position. If some other player in your league manages to gather a lot of points during the last 10 minutes, you wouldn’t ever know.

4. after the event ends it takes some time until classifications are disclosed and prizes are given.

hope this helps

Clearly? Hmm. Well, as stated above, it isn't when you enter the game nor the event start but either when you join the competition\league by collection of progress reward(s), anything beyond the 1st (BTW, this is clearly shown below) or purchase premium pass (which automatically and immediately enters you). The game then attempts to match your level\rank with similar and hence why takes awhile to show. Each league contains up to 100 players and fills during the remainder of the event. Should you enter near the very end, your league might not even be close to full so you may rank 1st out of only say 20. More likely though, the league fills and your position dynamically changes as the league fills. This can take as much as 20 seconds for the server to update your current accrued points and many players play offline during and up until close to the end in order to surprise unsuspecting players of their position. As stated above, if you purchase the premium pass during the event you are immediately entered into a league and rewards up to your progress level collected so should you purchase, wait until near the end to do so and is recommended only if you will fulfill all progress rewards, otherwise is a waste or forced to pay more to skip levels. Most will advise to not buy anything now due to uncertainty of game future.

As for the end, this should be in sync, same as the start of events. Events should all start\end at the same time but your location within this world determines the local time. There shouldn't be a delay or offset between devices, this signals something is off and support should investigate (good luck with this anytime soon though given current uncertainty). In the past certain platforms suffered this more so than others such as via Samsung or Amazon store, this may still exist since these are entities outside of GameInsight (developer) and have platform specific versions separate from the standard PC\iOS\Android versions.

game.jpg

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Udog
Clearly? Hmm. Well, as stated above, it isn't when you enter the game nor the event start but either when you join the competition\league by collection of progress reward(s), anything beyond the 1st (BTW, this is clearly stated on one of the event screens) or purchase premium pass. The game then attempts to match your level\rank with similar and hence why takes awhile to show. Each league has a group of 100 and fills during the remainder of the event. Should you enter near the very end, your league might not even be close to full so you may rank 1st out of only say 20. More likely though, the league fills and your position dynamically changes as the league fills. This can take as much as 20 seconds for the server to update your current accrued points and many players play offline during and up until close to the end even in order to surprise unsuspecting players of their position. As stated above, if you purchase the premium pass during the event you are immediately entered into a league and rewards up to your progress collected so should you purchase, wait until near the end to do so and is recommended only if you will fulfill all progress rewards, otherwise is a waste or forced to pay more to skip levels. Most will advise to not buy anything now due to uncertainty of game future.

As for the end, this should be in sync, same as the start of events. Events should all start\end at the same time but your location within this world determines the local time. There shouldn't be a delay or offset between devices, this signals something is off and support should investigate (good luck with this anytime soon though given current uncertainty). In the past certain platforms suffered this more so than others such as via Samsung or Amazon store, this may still exist since these are entities outside of GameInsight (developer).
LOL...yes "Clearly"....clearly when you start the game the system puts you in a group with similar ratings. I think we all agreed on that :) In any case, the rest everyone's comments does show I was off a bit. So....if you waited until near the end to join you would be joining a "new" group of 100 as the system puts you into the event. If you had been playing "offline" until that point, would you not also be "surprised" by your position along with the "unsuspecting" players? I guess I'm not really understanding an advantage to playing it that way...but it is interesting all the same. What threw me off before is the length of time it takes from the end of the game until the time you are notified of the final game positions. Sometimes it is right away, othertimes it takes hours....like a full day....before the notification comes in. That lead me to be believe that the game was not ending at the same time for everyone. I only have one game running, so I had no way to compaire between games. But this has all been very helpful....Thanks Everyone!

LOL...yes "Clearly"....clearly when you start the game the system puts you in a group with similar ratings. I think we all agreed on that :) In any case, the rest everyone's comments does show I was off a bit. So....if you waited until near the end to join you would be joining a "new" group of 100 as the system puts you into the event. If you had been playing "offline" until that point, would you not also be "surprised" by your position along with the "unsuspecting" players? I guess I'm not really understanding an advantage to playing it that way...but it is interesting all the same. What threw me off before is the length of time it takes from the end of the game until the time you are notified of the final game positions. Sometimes it is right away, othertimes it takes hours....like a full day....before the notification comes in. That lead me to be believe that the game was not ending at the same time for everyone. I only have one game running, so I had no way to compaire between games. But this has all been very helpful....Thanks Everyone!
Starting the game\event doesn't enter you into competition (e.g. place you in a league\group). You can actually play the entire event and never join a league; it isn't required (see my prior post above). All progress rewards though will be received at events end.
If you waited closer to the end, you would enter into the competition where you slotted (e.g. points accrued, which is hidden until you join or keep track yourself by playing accountant). This isn't as surprising as to drop from 1st to 20th if you joined a league early and got surpassed quickly. Some play this way because the "professionals enter early" and believe this offsets. This game is 12+ years old and global so you will encounter both very serious and questionable players.
I've never had an entire day for the notification, it usually takes within the hour for the final totals to be tallied by the server and the client notified but then I'm often in-game or refreshing the client (by visiting Madlen or restarting the game; more often by game crashes) expedites the process but if not, could indicate there is an underlying issue.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Udog
Starting the game\event doesn't enter you into competition (e.g. place you in a league\group). You can actually play the entire event and never join a league; it isn't required. All progress rewards though will be rewarded at events end.
If you waited closer to the end, you would enter into the competition where you slotted (e.g. points accrued, which is hidden until you join or keep track yourself by playing accountant). This isn't as surprising as to drop from 1st to 20th if you joined a league early and got surpassed quickly. Some play this way because the "professionals enter early" and believe this offsets. This game is 12+ years old and global and you will encounter questionable experiences.
I've never had an entire day for the notification, it usually takes within the hour for the final totals to be tallied by the server and the client notified. Refreshing your client by visiting Madlen or restarting your game will expedite such process but if not, would seem to indicate there is an underlying issue.
Yes I see. There might be underlying issues as you say. In this last game which just ended it took just over 15 hours before I was notified...and I did do restarts of the game at least once per hour during that time. That was by far the longest, but I have had a couple close to 8 hours. I play the game insight version except for the event a couple of months ago that did not come up on the GI version. I switched to windows and then back to GI after that event. I have played about a year and a half....just long enough that the events are cycling back around to ones that I have played once before. It takes a big bite out of my day....yet I keep playing it!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Udog
Does anyone know if there is a reason that events are not announced beforehand? I can't tell if that is to "surprise" everyone as to which event will be played and when....or if GI itself does not decide what to do beforehand.

Does anyone know if there is a reason that events are not announced beforehand? I can't tell if that is to "surprise" everyone as to which event will be played and when....or if GI itself does not decide what to do beforehand.
G! used to on Facebook but no longer since the war in Ukraine; much has changed because.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Udog
G! used to on Facebook but no longer since the war in Ukraine; much has changed because.
I suppose so....but if they can still put on events you would think they could also give a few days notice of when they are going to do it.

Top Bottom