Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Event Collections - Fair or Not to use last event collected?

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I thought it warranted a new thread.

The past few events, GI has "reset" our event collection counters back to zero (0). For example, I have multiple "collect flowers around your city" collections from last years Valentines Day, however...GI in the game did not recognize those. I had to "collect" three again to complete the event. I've read speculation here that GI did that for fairness...and maybe to make it more interesting for higher level players to have something to attempt.

However, I remember last Decembers "Santas Bad Mood" quest, where 3 X seven (7) collections were needed to complete the event. I never completed the event, as I had maybe five (5) "Into The White" collections and never completed the needed amount of seven. I did however, "collect" those five...therefore, if this year in December those same collections are part of the event...I am going to be starting from scratch and might not complete the event once again. I was disappointed that I didn't finish the event...and I didn't want to use greenies to buy chests with Into The White items, but...I did console myself thinking that the next time the event appears, I'd be close to completion with my 5 out of 7 Into The White collections.

How about those of us who didn't complete the Age Of Ash volcano event? Will we be happy starting from the beginning?

If resetting our collection counters to zero (0) was for fairness...why doesn't GI go all the way and not allow us to use the horseshoes...sickles...4 leaf clovers...that we all have leftover from prior events?

I do hope GI will not reset Age Of Ash and Santas Bad Mood collections to zero if those events return this year in 2017.

dtaylor1972

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egjq35
Username
dtaylor1972
Fair or not.... Remember that for them its about making some green!!! If they arent making green...we WONT have a game for long... So they will do what they can to keep us spending.

I know the feeling though.. Even after only playing for about 6 months... Had leftover flowers and was glad they let us keep em... BUT drop rates were so bad for the few i was missing i nearly had to brake down and buyshears 2 finish the spring collections.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Fair or not.... Remember that for them its about making some green!!! If they arent making green...we WONT have a game for long... So they will do what they can to keep us spending.

I know the feeling though.. Even after only playing for about 6 months... Had leftover flowers and was glad they let us keep em... BUT drop rates were so bad for the few i was missing i nearly had to brake down and buyshears 2 finish the spring collections.

Agree, GI needs funds and more of us need to support them. I was surprised to be among the nay-sayers turned green buyer, it can easily be done to soothe your conscious. Consider 1 yearly greenie buy, add the free greens GI gives us and divide it by 365 days. Is it worth it to enjoy your favorite game so much better than to complain about It? Sorry if I stepped on toes but the level of enjoyment sure surpasses the complaints, and I too have had my share of them, and guess what, the problems were fixed! Fundamentally it should be wrong but give it another think. I look at it like this, would I rather have a fast food lunch or more empowered, enjoyable gameplay?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I thought it warranted a new thread.

The past few events, GI has "reset" our event collection counters back to zero (0). For example, I have multiple "collect flowers around your city" collections from last years Valentines Day, however...GI in the game did not recognize those. I had to "collect" three again to complete the event. I've read speculation here that GI did that for fairness...and maybe to make it more interesting for higher level players to have something to attempt.

However, I remember last Decembers "Santas Bad Mood" quest, where 3 X seven (7) collections were needed to complete the event. I never completed the event, as I had maybe five (5) "Into The White" collections and never completed the needed amount of seven. I did however, "collect" those five...therefore, if this year in December those same collections are part of the event...I am going to be starting from scratch and might not complete the event once again. I was disappointed that I didn't finish the event...and I didn't want to use greenies to buy chests with Into The White items, but...I did console myself thinking that the next time the event appears, I'd be close to completion with my 5 out of 7 Into The White collections.

How about those of us who didn't complete the Age Of Ash volcano event? Will we be happy starting from the beginning?

If resetting our collection counters to zero (0) was for fairness...why doesn't GI go all the way and not allow us to use the horseshoes...sickles...4 leaf clovers...that we all have leftover from prior events?

I do hope GI will not reset Age Of Ash and Santas Bad Mood collections to zero if those events return this year in 2017.
I totally agree with you! I had only two more items to go for Age of Ash, I truly hope I don't have to start all the way over from the beginning!!!

I personally do not think already completed and collected collections should be counted.
It is not a complete reset in any case as uncompleted collections likely have some
items remaining from previous events. As an example for the spring event I only
needed 5 flowers, 3 of one type and one of two other types. It took only a few tries and
those were collected.

I also am of the opinion it is coded within the game to make
a randomly picked item within the collection that is more rare than the others. I also
think this can change from one event to another. Which for me anyway is why I collected
the 3 flowers I needed quickly they weren't my rare item this year as they were last year.
Of course GI would say all of that is incorrect but I'll stick by what I see happen time and
time again irrelevant of their denials.

If I were GI I would act in a different manner. Definitely it is unfair to collect e.g. 3x horse shoe collections from the current event and to have them forever collected for all future St Patrick events. But what I would do is to deduct the collections/items needed for finishing the event (in current case 3x collections from flights, 3x collections from horse shoe clicks and 200 3-leaf clovers) from inventory (as in the case you build a building - the on stock quantity of the needed items is decreased accordingly) and next time when the event reappears, you should start collecting again. The difference - if you collect now 5 of a kind, you will stay with 2 for a future event.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
This game is active for around 5 years and there is some steady number of new players. Yes those who are playing it for long time have completed many/almost all/all events. Some are already starting. You cannot keep all happy (old players want more challenging events, some want easier ones). Old players wanted something new challenging within old events so collections are back to 0 as several times happened that event started and many could complete the event just by pressing complete. To try to keep all happy you need to find the middle and that's hard.

Device
  1. Android
I never collect a collection.
Even for launch.
So when I wanna start a launch, I have to collect all 4 collections 1 by 1.
And these, with all my adventure buildings, I have a lot of collections uncollect.
And only collect them what I need like for spy glass or dice or else.

Top Bottom