Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Blue launch bug?

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
Hi all,

I decided to have a QL launch party with my son today. We did Blue launches.

My iOS username is: pdxsk2. My son's iOS username is: pdxsk3

I started the launch and added all 8 items. My son then joined my launch...however, he could not add any items at all.

We finally determined that...if the clock timer was counting down on an item, the other person could not add that item until the timer ran out for that item on the other persons game.

Example...I would press "use" on a Powerful Explosive Bolt...the timer started ticking down 30 seconds. My son would on his game press "use" on that same item...but nothing happened. He could not add his Powerful Explosive Bolt until the timer on my game ran out! One thing I did notice was that when my son pressed "use" for an item that I already had a timer counting down...it would not add his item to the launch, but his total did update on the count of XXXX/2000...so I know his game was in contact with the game servers as that total updated.

Solid Fuel takes 1 hour, 30 minutes to count down on an individual users game for a launch, so imagine that all of the lesser items that I added, my son could not add. Essentially rendering those small items useless for one of use.

I experimented in the reverse, with my son adding an item...I would press "use" on that same launch item on my game, and it would not add to our launch until his timer ended.

I can only guess that maybe this is because we both have similar usernames...both start "pdxsk"...and maybe the game launch servers see our launch as being the same user? Thus...only one unique item between the two of us in a Blue launch could be added and counting down the timer at the same time. It's very frustrating...this did not happen in the past. I cannot pinpoint which iOS game update this started in as I haven't done Blue launches with him in many months. I also have not tried this on a Green or Red launch as...we need maps from Blue launches.

Is anyone else experiencing this? You'd have to have two users with the same first 5 characters though like we have to reproduce it I'd imagine.

If you've read this all...thank you for reading!

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Hi all,

I decided to have a QL launch party with my son today. We did Blue launches.

My iOS username is: pdxsk2. My son's iOS username is: pdxsk3

I started the launch and added all 8 items. My son then joined my launch...however, he could not add any items at all.

We finally determined that...if the clock timer was counting down on an item, the other person could not add that item until the timer ran out for that item on the other persons game.

Example...I would press "use" on a Powerful Explosive Bolt...the timer started ticking down 30 seconds. My son would on his game press "use" on that same item...but nothing happened. He could not add his Powerful Explosive Bolt until the timer on my game ran out! One thing I did notice was that when my son pressed "use" for an item that I already had a timer counting down...it would not add his item to the launch, but his total did update on the count of XXXX/2000...so I know his game was in contact with the game servers as that total updated.

Solid Fuel takes 1 hour, 30 minutes to count down on an individual users game for a launch, so imagine that all of the lesser items that I added, my son could not add. Essentially rendering those small items useless for one of use.

I experimented in the reverse, with my son adding an item...I would press "use" on that same launch item on my game, and it would not add to our launch until his timer ended.

I can only guess that maybe this is because we both have similar usernames...both start "pdxsk"...and maybe the game launch servers see our launch as being the same user? Thus...only one unique item between the two of us in a Blue launch could be added and counting down the timer at the same time. It's very frustrating...this did not happen in the past. I cannot pinpoint which iOS game update this started in as I haven't done Blue launches with him in many months. I also have not tried this on a Green or Red launch as...we need maps from Blue launches.

Is anyone else experiencing this? You'd have to have two users with the same first 5 characters though like we have to reproduce it I'd imagine.

If you've read this all...thank you for reading!
As I'm not IOS player cannot confirm 100%, but there have been similar issues since last update and they are strictly related to the fact that several games are logged via same IOS account (same issue was as few games were logged via same google play account).
If this is the case, maybe you can try to separate those 2 games to 2 different IOS accounts and try if it works.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Hi all,

..it would not add his item to the launch, but his total did update on the count of XXXX/2000...
I

If it updated the total, then it added the item. I am thinking the item did not grey out and looked like it was still available. This happens occasionally on my android launches when I add items too fast. It removes it from my inventory, updates the launch and my total, but the button still looks available. You can't see the timer but the button doesn't work again until the time runs down on the G! server.

On Android, everything is working correctly except the button doesn't grey out.

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
Df99 - thank you for the reply. The launch items are not being used as you speculate. I have verified my count of each item and an item does not get removed from my inventory, until the timer runs down on my launch partners game.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Thanks for the thoughts Kesh! I did check that and both games use different "profiles" (email addresses, Apple ID's and Facebook logins).

You may want to use different id's you and your sons id are so close only i digit difference, when adding items GI server may not be able to distinguish between the id's properly as the change is small it can be over look in a digital format which the computer stores information.

You can keep the same id but change the way it is type maybe insert captial to make the difference in the names stand out.

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
I don't think I can change my game names...on the iOS game? It worked in the past, so I think I will try GI Support and open a ticket. Thank you all for the replies, wish me luck!

Top Bottom