Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Best strategy for Thanksgiving Day event

Hi guys,

I started the Thanksgiving Day event and am up to level 10.
However, I see the needed points for advancing to the next level racking up quicker than previous events, which makes sense as we can now land planes to earn points.
I am trying to see if the event is worthwhile for me to complete level 20 and I already saw level 18 being like 4000 points, which seems like a LOT1

So, two questions;
- Does someone know what are the total amount of points (pelgrim hats) we have to accumulate to complete all levels?
- What's the best strategy for maximum points? (I have an idea, but looking for input)

thanks in advance!

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
@VdW thanks for that mate

Just calculated I would need 4.000 points per day excl. bonuses for completing tasks.
I've decided to leave this event for what it is and only fly for event flight stars :)

Excellent choice. I'm also the same. Haha, it's too much effort for literally nothing.

Excellent choice. I'm also the same. Haha, it's too much effort for literally nothing.
Indeed. I’m taking it easy also. Tasks are almost completed (those 150 flights to Egypt are a pain and definitely not worth speeding). I’ll be happy if I get to lvl20, but won’t spend my day landing planes (wonderful for clicking bots, I bet there are people able to use them).

im quite disappointed with the new event format. Nothing against differentiated prizes, business is business after all.
what disappoints me is the need for constant interaction with the game. Click, click click ad nausea.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@VdW thanks for that mate

Just calculated I would need 4.000 points per day excl. bonuses for completing tasks.
I've decided to leave this event for what it is and only fly for event flight stars :)
Well, since the event currency drops from event flights and passenger buildings to fill them, you are essentially going through the motions to get the event currency to get to level 20 anyway ;)

Indeed. I’m taking it easy also. Tasks are almost completed (those 150 flights to Egypt are a pain and definitely not worth speeding). I’ll be happy if I get to lvl20, but won’t spend my day landing planes (wonderful for clicking bots, I bet there are people able to use them).

im quite disappointed with the new event format. Nothing against differentiated prizes, business is business after all.
what disappoints me is the need for constant interaction with the game. Click, click click ad nausea.
I don’t mind a bit of a grind for a decent reward, but I agree there are no fun event buildings.
which makes me even less motivated to grind

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
It does not seem fair that players still at a lower level who would have less stands, less pax buildings have to accumulate the same amount of points to complete as higher level players. In fact many seem to be disheartened to finish. Ideally the number of points should be tied to game level to make it a level playing field.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
It does not seem fair that players still at a lower level who would have less stands, less pax buildings have to accumulate the same amount of points to complete as higher level players. In fact many seem to be disheartened to finish. Ideally the number of points should be tied to game level to make it a level playing field.
Actually, since there are a far greater percentage of drops from lower level than higher level flights, it balances out.

- Monrovia (owl) 16
- Rome (hawk) 36
- Kitchener (raven) 43
- Chicago (eagle) 56
- Richmond (jumbo) 55
- Oslo (giant) 48
- Leiden (falcon and probably the preferred plane of level 80 players) 16
- Manila (thunderbird) 24
- not sure how many drop from castries

Flying hawks and ravens will get you lots more drops.

And since you get drops from buildings like country house, studio and house with pool (all cheap purchases in the store), newer players have as good a chance at high placements if you're diligent. And it doesn't take long to get to a reputation level that you can visit 12 neighbours. 12*6 drops is the same whether you are level 20 or level 80. We don't get to visit 100 neighbours just because we are at level 80.

I think GI has actually done a good job of balancing the rewards out to make lower level players competitive (if not more competitive) for the highest prized.

For certain, playing an hour a day you will not be able to compete with someone who plays 12 hours a day, but that has nothing to do with levels.

Finally ... and this is a really important point ... you get placed in a league when you collect level 0 reward in the event progress. Why do it right away? If you do, you will be place in the league with the most competitive, gung-ho players that can't wait to get their currency and likely are fighting hard for first with bonuses, saved fuel to speed flights, etc.. Wait a day or two to collect level 0. If you're on basic class (like most people now since the have watered down premium so much it's no longer worth it), it's not like you're missing out on something that will help you complete the event sooner.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
You do make a point however higher level players also have smaller planes in reserve. I am not flying some of my larger planes except at night time, by day when I have time to play I am flying owls, Hawks and ravens together with my Eagles and falcons. In reality, it’s the number of stands that make a difference, they came with time and thus levels. With them came pax buildings such as emerald houses, Multi story built on 3x3 etc. these are pax buildings that I didn’t have during my earlier levels as I didn’t have need or room for them. They sure are useful for this event and are giving me an advantage over lower level players.

With regards to the competition, that is an eye opener, I didn’t imagine that is how we get grouped, but it makes sense that it would be. Frankly I “try” not to pay much attention to the competition, until I realize that I’m in the top 10, then competitiveness kicks in and I fly the event destinations till the end to keep my spot.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
You do make a point however higher level players also have smaller planes in reserve. I am not flying some of my larger planes except at night time, by day when I have time to play I am flying owls, Hawks and ravens together with my Eagles and falcons. In reality, it’s the number of stands that make a difference, they came with time and thus levels. With them came pax buildings such as emerald houses, Multi story built on 3x3 etc. these are pax buildings that I didn’t have during my earlier levels as I didn’t have need or room for them. They sure are useful for this event and are giving me an advantage over lower level players.

With regards to the competition, that is an eye opener, I didn’t imagine that is how we get grouped, but it makes sense that it would be. Frankly I “try” not to pay much attention to the competition, until I realize that I’m in the top 10, then competitiveness kicks in and I fly the event destinations till the end to keep my spot.
When I started my new game in February, I didn't expect to be at the top of any competition pile. I completed most events, but certainly not all of them. And I wasn't the top of any competition ranking. Since then, I have worked hard (harder than most) to earn coins, build up my airport, build out my fleet, build more stands, etc. Since February, I have maxed out my terminal, control tower and stands and have a nice complement of planes. I have flown to and completed many adventure flights and buildings. I have launched a lot (and shared my QLs with people who wanted to join) to put fuel in my warehouse to do more launches and map runs to get more bonus buildings and chests.

Should a player who has played an hour or two a day and not have achieved the same level of airport/fleet as I have be able to compete with me? What would be the point of me putting in the extra effort all these months then? Why should I work hard when anybody who puts in a bit of effort can beat me?

The reward you get out of the game is directly related to the effort (or money) you put in ... notwithstanding cheaters (although everybody who does well isn't cheating).

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7
When I started my new game in February, I didn't expect to be at the top of any competition pile. I completed most events, but certainly not all of them. And I wasn't the top of any competition ranking. Since then, I have worked hard (harder than most) to earn coins, build up my airport, build out my fleet, build more stands, etc. Since February, I have maxed out my terminal, control tower and stands and have a nice complement of planes. I have flown to and completed many adventure flights and buildings. I have launched a lot (and shared my QLs with people who wanted to join) to put fuel in my warehouse to do more launches and map runs to get more bonus buildings and chests.

Should a player who has played an hour or two a day and not have achieved the same level of airport/fleet as I have be able to compete with me? What would be the point of me putting in the extra effort all these months then? Why should I work hard when anybody who puts in a bit of effort can beat me?

The reward you get out of the game is directly related to the effort (or money) you put in ... notwithstanding cheaters (although everybody who does well isn't cheating).
No argument there. And you are right, my comments may seem to imply that I am referring to a competition. In reality I am meaning the progress levels 1-20 being to harsh for smaller airport cities to contemplate finishing. Thanksgiving day seems to be taking the wind out of their sails enough for them to give up. Maybe it’s just the people I have been speaking to, no low to mid level player has chimed in to this thread so maybe you are perfectly right, and I am perfectly wrong.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
No argument there. And you are right, my comments may seem to imply that I am referring to a competition. In reality I am meaning the progress levels 1-20 being to harsh for smaller airport cities to contemplate finishing. Thanksgiving day seems to be taking the wind out of their sails enough for them to give up. Maybe it’s just the people I have been speaking to, no low to mid level player has chimed in to this thread so maybe you are perfectly right, and I am perfectly wrong.
Dont worry about it, it’s not like you’re missing something big.

Even older players who dont want to spend MASSIVE fuel (and/or) time won’t get anywhere near lv.20.

you need to accumulate 4000 pts a day, I get 2000 pts a day. It’s the way it is now.
For normal players, it’s impossible to get to lv.20 except if you buy the +5 or +10 level that is offered by GI.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I see your point, and I think it’s valid.
Assume you were L20 when starting the event, you stand little to no chance of completing the 20 rewards. However, you will be in a league of similar players, and top 1,2,3 reward is even more appealing to lower level players.

My general opinion is that too much grinding is required to complete event L20, regardless of a gamers level. It requires a real concerted effort or the use of warehoused resources just to complete. It seems strange to me, I thought events were for the many, not the few.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
There is no right and wrong. Just different opinions which are wonderful. I love different opinions.

I agree the event is hard to finish to progress stage 20. But I disagree that it's level related - well not totally level related. Certainly L20 players will probably not be able to. But anybody with a decent fleet of owls, hawks and ravens that put in tons of hours a day can complete it.

I'm at L80 and have fully built out stands and haven't finished stage 20 yet ... in fact I haven't finished stage 18. The 16 pilgrim hats I get from chasing a star or two with a 3H falcon pales in comparison to the 36 that drop from a hawk flight in the same 3H or the 16x3 that would drop from 3 owl flights in the same time.

I think it's more related to time put in + strategy. Nobody playing two hours a day will get to stage 20 - regardless of their level. Nobody who spends their days flying for launch preps and visiting space buildings will get to stage 20.

Having said all that, I do think the levels have been set too high. Not just for the stages (you shouldn't have to play 12 hours each day to be able to reach the final stage) but for the tasks as well - way more flights to egypt and monrovia than necessary. Seriously? 70 Flights to Monrovia when only 40 are needed to get 3 stars on the destination? These are crazy requirements.

I'm pretty sur this is a money grab by GI. The way to send a message is with your wallet.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I'm not stressed about level 20, but those that are interested in finishing:

don't click on MY house with pool - its YOURS you need
feel free to do my multi-story, mansion and bearing wall though! :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:
I can still get pilgrim hats from YOUR house with a pool (3 in fact ... the same number that drops for me from your apartment house and your bearing-wall house and your country house ). It just doesn't count towards task completion ;)

Interestingly, if I tap on YOUR stone castle, I get 3 pilgrim hats but when I tap on MY stone castle, I only get 1.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
good point @Chloe11111 isn't that weird.... i've been speeding up round houses as gives good hats, although nothing else in the event...
Keep speeding those up. The only ones that give more hats are ones that need greenies to speed up.

Funny, once I get to stage 20, I will have what I need for the wiki and will back of hat chasing. The people in my league will wonder what happened :)

Top Bottom