Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

ATTN: WINDOWS PLAYERS WINDOWS TEN ROLLS OUT NEW UPDATE APRIL 30th

D

Deleted member 5399

Please remember to get to doing your backups this weekend for the latest windows update to roll out on April 30th.
Ensure you especially back up your Airport city games onto a secondary and or external hard drive, USB or other storage device.
I don't want to see lol a bunch of ZZZZZZZzzzz people on my neighbor lists, because you didn't back it up, prior to the major update and lose everything.

Please remember to get to doing your backups this weekend for the latest windows update to roll out on April 30th.
Ensure you especially back up your Airport city games onto a secondary and or external hard drive, USB or other storage device.
I don't want to see lol a bunch of ZZZZZZZzzzz people on my neighbor lists, because you didn't back it up, prior to the major update and lose everything.
My game is on an iOS device which unfortunately cannot be backed up

Last edited:
Think these are still the right instructions - its what I do daily, takes just seconds.
DAILY BACK UP INSTRUCTIONS
1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState
3) With this folder open, copy and paste the contents, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for the game. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder.
4) If you save a shortcut on your desktop, it is even easier.
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is close the game and the LocalState folder is created.
2) Go to where you saved your DAT and AIRDAT files earlier, copy them and paste them into the LocalState folder, replacing the ones already there.
3) Open the game once again and you should be right where you left off.
NOTE/WARNING
Some players can use this technique to cheat. It works for me as purely a back up for lost games, and is only recommended in that context.

LOL Thanks @ItsRalphy
My friend Always on top of things
if only!
laughing.gif

Device
  1. Windows PC

Thanks for the heads up! Backup done (y)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Many thanks for the advance information, I backup my game twice a day. I will make sure I'm ready for the Windows update on 30th April - thanks once again.

Regards
Capain WH Rollins

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Daft question I know...is there any other way to backup my laptop? There's no Disk Drive in this Dell Laptop and the USB Port isn't working (total poverty) :bag:....any other suggestions or advice are welcomed please.

Daft question I know...is there any other way to backup my laptop? There's no Disk Drive in this Dell Laptop and the USB Port isn't working (total poverty) :bag:....any other suggestions or advice are welcomed please.
Better yet - make your back up and send it to one drive (or box or whatever cloud storage you use).

D

Deleted member 5399

Thanks @crescent moon for suggesting the cloud storage. One drive has a large enough capacity as well as some others. Drop Box offers a free trial but I'm not sure how much space. Google has a similar thing as well as Amazon.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
No sorry I don't. Even with big Window updates previous I haven't needed to backup, but this thread has me a little panicked...don't want it to do anything to my game :(

With you on that. Can I delay the update? Currently travelling, no access to independent drive, flaky internet, don't trust the cloud...... is there any hope for me or are we all doomed, Captain Mainwaring......?
:wacky:
P

I think the concern comes from the "older" players - a couple of years ago, the game would crash at the slightest provocation, and return to level 1. You could start a new game, wait 5 days for GI to restore, or using your own back up you could bring the game back instantly to the point where you last copied it. Once a week was not unknown. We haven't had that issue for some while, but having been there, don't want to go back. Fingers crossed it is a totally unnecessary step, but I still take a copy daily as it takes 30 seconds if that
ok.jpg

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
With you on that. Can I delay the update? Currently travelling, no access to independent drive, flaky internet, don't trust the cloud...... is there any hope for me or are we all doomed, Captain Mainwaring......?
:wacky:
P

What you asking me for, of all the people Pete? :ROFLMAO::LOL:. Yeah I think you maybe able to delay it but I've read it's a 'compulsory update'. I've just had one today (a update that is) KB4093105, didn't effect my game so fingers crossed for the biggie tomorrow :D

Top Bottom