Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Are helicopters profitable?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
i now only do it when i get 30 x fuel speed ups required on daily task

the bigger chopper drove me insane, get this to get this to fly this :banghead::banghead: but i applaud all others who stay with it
Funny enough, the building I want requires the goldfinch, and I just did the math to figure out which items I need, and how much it could potentially cost. That's the only way you can be efficient with helicopter flying. It's better to use your fleet and buildings to build all the items you need for that particular flight. If you just scramble your destinations, you could easily get confused with keeping track of items needed

Device
  1. Android
Here is some tip from me :
1. If you do Goldfinch, you will need a lot of items to fly. I really mean a lot.
2. So, I dont fly them daily. But, I make all the items as much as I can.... Keep them. Why?
3. We dont know when the new event will include Heli, so just keep the items and always make them.
4. When is the best time to fly Heli? For me is now. When the event start and heli is not included.

With these tips, you can make sure the Heli new destinations will give you stars.

Happy flying.

1. If you do Goldfinch, you will need a lot of items to fly. I really mean a lot.
2. So, I dont fly them daily. But, I make all the items as much as I can.... Keep them. Why?
3. We dont know when the new event will include Heli, so just keep the items and always make them.
4. When is the best time to fly Heli? For me is now. When the event start and heli is not included.

With these tips, you can make sure the Heli new destinations will give you stars.

Happy flying.
I am doing the same ;)

Happy flying.
Same here, I’ve nearly 3 stared them all just by making lots of flight items and using them when they are ready, sometimes I fly many times a day sometimes none depending on what items I have made.

Fly now and get all stars, then wait for future updates or possible events

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Can someone clarify / confirm: I believe that two consecutive flights to one destination require different items. It seems however that the items dropping from one flight do not change, e.g. flights to Angel Falls could drop SP, NM, Altimeter or Gyroscope while flights to Iguazu Falls could drop Landing Gear, NM, Pass Seat and OscB.
Yes to both.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
... or you built all 6 factories and manufacture the required items before flight. Next flight requirements are always shown correctly and change after departure.
Right that's what I said. The more buildings you have, the more efficient you can be with building items. The good thing is that the flights that require more items also take longer, so your prep time increases

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jfihqp
Username
MarekOsw
Hi,
How have you calculated that it makes any profit to send out a Crossbill flight? In my example (Iguazu Falls), I need 3x Parachute and 2x Bearing. To make a parachute, it costs 27+10= 37. Making Bearing costs 20+15=35. So total cost would be 37*3+35*2+16 (for heli fuel) = 197 coins. Income from flight - 149, so it's a net loss of 48 coins per flight:
iguazu.png

There is very tiny profit on Sparrow helicopters, something in range of 5-10 coins per flight, including fuel cost.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Riding the helicopters might be expensive, but you get the unique buildings for completing heli collections.
@MarekOsw I was just about to say this. With helis, you don't fly for profit. It's all about the buildings. If you want the buildings badly enough, a net loss won't be a big deal. Stick to planes and of course launches for the net gains. However, the underestimated coin collect buildings are the easiest and most consistent ways to counter the net loss from flying helicopters.

@MarekOsw I was just about to say this. With helis, you don't fly for profit. It's all about the buildings. If you want the buildings badly enough, a net loss won't be a big deal. Stick to planes and of course launches for the net gains. However, the underestimated coin collect buildings are the easiest and most consistent ways to counter the net loss from flying helicopters.
I was to late.

Top Bottom