Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City update 5.3.24 FAILED to Restore Profile from 5.2.25

Device
  1. iPad
Username
jlccourt
I understood that the application would be changing so that people could play one game across multiple devices, and I noticed that the icon for my game was grayed out today. When I opened the application today, a pop up window appeared, notifying me that the current version of my game (5.2.25) was out of date and that I should update the application to the new version (5.3.24). I expected this, and when I tapped on update, I was redirected to the App Store to download the "updated" version.

However, when I attempted to open the "updated" version, instead of seeing the Profile Restoration screen we were informed we would see, the game prompted me to start playing the game over from the beginning! At level 1!

I tried playing the "new" version until I got to level 3 and could connect to Facebook and enter a profile name, but, again, NOT ONCE did I ever see a Profile Restoration screen. I deleted the "new" version of the app and reinstalled it, and I finally saw the Profile Restoration screen.

I selected the restoration from the server option, but NOTHING HAPPENED!

I connected the "new" version to my Facebook account and entered my old username, but, still, NOTHING HAPPENED!

I've played the "new" version of the game to level 5, but it's getting old--FAST!

I kept the "old" version on my tablet because I once made the mistake of deleting it from my tablet (due to technical difficulties) and reinstalling it only to have to start all over at level 1 and play until someone from Game Insight could restore my original game from the Game Insight server (I'll never do THAT again--THAT'S for sure ...). In the "old" version, I'm at level 61. When I was unsuccessful getting my profile restored to the "new" version, I went back to the "old" version. At first, I kept getting the pop up window telling me it was out of date. Fortunately, that pop up window has stopped appearing, and I can at least PRETEND to play that version until Game Insight gets its sh-- together.

I hate that I have to submit tickets for someone from Game Insight to restore my profile to the "new" version (5.3.24) instead of being able to continue playing the game like normal. Game Insight technical support personnel take FOREVER to get back to you ...

Is anyone else having problems with this "update"?

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
Yes, exactly as you have described. I did get a response from Support which says:

Make sure you have stable internet connection then:
1. Your ID of the updated game. That would be your friend code (new version) or your username (old version)
2. Have you managed to complete the transfer of your progress to the new version?
3. Your step-by-step actions during the update process.

Not terribly enlightening. I also started new version and got to lvl3 to be able to enter my old username, then I rebooted the iPad, but no transfer of my progress, still lvl 3

These people are beyond incapable of running a game without major bugs

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
Yes, exactly as you have described. I did get a response from Support which says:

Make sure you have stable internet connection then:
1. Your ID of the updated game. That would be your friend code (new version) or your username (old version)
2. Have you managed to complete the transfer of your progress to the new version?
3. Your step-by-step actions during the update process.

Not terribly enlightening. I also started new version and got to lvl3 to be able to enter my old username, then I rebooted the iPad, but no transfer of my progress, still lvl 3

These people are beyond incapable of running a game without major bugs
Did you update Airport City HD as well? To the new version with the gray icon?

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
I selected the restoration from the server option, but NOTHING HAPPENED!

This happened to me as well. I had to try a few times to get it to connect to the server and actually download. Their servers are taking a huge hit right now, unfortunately, so it's not working flawlessly, but you're almost there. Just keep trying.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
I am playing 'a' version, with the gray icon, don't know how to see which version it is. To begin with it wouldn't let me play it, I downloaded the 'new' version as described in the post, I have since deleted that one, and am now just playing with the gray icon version

I had the new version of Airport City HD installed already and was playing that. It was version 5.2.something. This morning, it gave me the "no longer supported" message and directed me to download a new version which is Airport City Airport Tycoon. When I downloaded that, it gave me the option to either start fresh or to transfer one of my support games - which has already been moved to the Android platform on another device. It didn't give me the option to transfer my main game.

Due to this, I chose new game and ran it up to level 3 so I could get a user code.

I now have another support ticket into GI in hopes they can make the transfer my main game to the new "improved" version. We'll see how that goes.

I had the new version of Airport City HD installed already and was playing that. It was version 5.2.something. This morning, it gave me the "no longer supported" message and directed me to download a new version which is Airport City Airport Tycoon. When I downloaded that, it gave me the option to either start fresh or to transfer one of my support games - which has already been moved to the Android platform on another device. It didn't give me the option to transfer my main game.

Due to this, I chose new game and ran it up to level 3 so I could get a user code.

I now have another support ticket into GI in hopes they can make the transfer my main game to the new "improved" version. We'll see how that goes.
I am dreading this - the whole update is a complete mess for those of us on ipads. I will hold out updating as long as i can.

There have been some posts on the facebook page this moring saying its now all working but from what you say dale it still looks screwed.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
I just tried again and still not working on iPad. Again got the message that HD game not supported, followed the link and back to brand new start. I am not prepared to go through the machinations only to get stuck at Lvl 3 again

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1

I didn't even get the option to transfer a game Dale

Device
  1. iPad
Username
jlccourt
Did you update Airport City HD as well? To the new version with the gray icon?

Yeah. I got that same scripted email response from a Game Insight tech support person this morning. I replied with my friend code from the new version and my username/ID for the old version.

I said, "No, I haven't managed to "complete transition" to the new version. That's why I had to put in a ticket."

As for my step-by-step actions during the update process, I repeated what I did in the discussion thread I posted. I said that I kept the old version on my tablet (already HD, but grayed out when the new version came out) because the promised Profile Restoration screen never appeared in the new version until I uninstalled and reinstalled the new version and played to level 3, but that when prompted with the choice of which version to restore (the one on my tablet or the one on their server), I chose the version on their server, but NOTHING HAPPENED. Neither my profile nor my game with my established airport/town nor my level (61) was restored.

I informed the support person I was NOT happy ...

Device
  1. iPad
Username
jlccourt
I am playing 'a' version, with the gray icon, don't know how to see which version it is. To begin with it wouldn't let me play it, I downloaded the 'new' version as described in the post, I have since deleted that one, and am now just playing with the gray icon version

The app with the gray icon is version 5.2.25 (the old version). The new version is 5.3.24 and is NOT grayed out. It's also the version people are having trouble with because their profiles aren't being restored!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
I finally was offered the chance to restore my profile, the choice I had was - 'earlier profile when I got to level 3' - OR - 'current Level 1 profile' - my real Level 58 profile has vanished!

I don't know if I have the strength or will to go through support again to get my account back.

I am dreading this - the whole update is a complete mess for those of us on ipads. I will hold out updating as long as i can.

There have been some posts on the facebook page this moring saying its now all working but from what you say dale it still looks screwed.

I had not previously tried updating the game so after reading Facebook this morning and read it should now be working, I decided to give it a try. Before attempting it though, I used AJ's instructions and turned off Limit Ad Tracking under Privacy. Oh, I also waited until one of my good neighbours tried it first.....big chicken that I am.... :)

I used the popup from the game and it took me to the App Store where I downloaded a blue icon. Opened the game and was on level 1 with a tutorial. Waited no more than 15 seconds and the popup asked me which game I wanted to play and selected the one on the right. I never did get a grey icon and now I have 2 blue icons, one with HD and one without. The one without HD is the one I use to play my game now.

The only problem I had was in my Alliance, I was at level 1 until I restarted the game. Now everything works like it did and I can start chasing bunnies.

One more thing, I still have an update in the App Store with the grey icon waiting for me to download it. Not sure what I need to do with this. Any ideas?

I got it up and running with Tech Support's help. Here were the instructions that worked:

To successfully finish the transfer of your profile to the new app, our server should have access to one of the device parameters. To get access to the required data, the Limit Add Tracking option should be disabled, while the situation is opposite on your device. This option should be disabled during the transfer process, and you can enable it again anytime after the transfer is finished.
I've compiled a step-by-step guide for you:
1. Close both old and new Airport City apps completely.
To close the app, double click the Home button so Multitasking pops up and then swipe up on the game window.
2. Open Settings of your device, go to Privacy and choose Advertising. Disable the Limit Add Tracking option: the slider should be in the left position.
3. Use the Reset Advertising Identifier option.
4. Open the Airport City HD app (the old one with the grey icon). Minimize it with the help of the Home button, maximize it and minimize it again.
5. Open the new Airport City app (the bright icon) and minimize it.
6. Maximize the new game again, and you'll get a profile restoration window. Choose your old profile in the window and wait till the restore process is finished. You'll get 10 Airport Cash after it.

It worked flawlessly and I got the 10 airport cash and the bunny event running like it's supposed to. Now I just need to send out all my planes - they are all awaiting flight. WHEW - this had me concerned.

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
Yeah. I got that same scripted email response from a Game Insight tech support person this morning. I replied with my friend code from the new version and my username/ID for the old version.

I said, "No, I haven't managed to "complete transition" to the new version. That's why I had to put in a ticket."

As for my step-by-step actions during the update process, I repeated what I did in the discussion thread I posted. I said that I kept the old version on my tablet (already HD, but grayed out when the new version came out) because the promised Profile Restoration screen never appeared in the new version until I uninstalled and reinstalled the new version and played to level 3, but that when prompted with the choice of which version to restore (the one on my tablet or the one on their server), I chose the version on their server, but NOTHING HAPPENED. Neither my profile nor my game with my established airport/town nor my level (61) was restored.

I informed the support person I was NOT happy ...
Sounds like my experience. I just tried a few times until it eventually did download from the server. @DalePorter46's suggestion also seemed to work for a lot of people as well.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I had not previously tried updating the game so after reading Facebook this morning and read it should now be working, I decided to give it a try. Before attempting it though, I used AJ's instructions and turned off Limit Ad Tracking under Privacy. Oh, I also waited until one of my good neighbours tried it first.....big chicken that I am.... :)

I used the popup from the game and it took me to the App Store where I downloaded a blue icon. Opened the game and was on level 1 with a tutorial. Waited no more than 15 seconds and the popup asked me which game I wanted to play and selected the one on the right. I never did get a grey icon and now I have 2 blue icons, one with HD and one without. The one without HD is the one I use to play my game now.

The only problem I had was in my Alliance, I was at level 1 until I restarted the game. Now everything works like it did and I can start chasing bunnies.

One more thing, I still have an update in the App Store with the grey icon waiting for me to download it. Not sure what I need to do with this. Any ideas?

Delete the "HD" app, you'll no longer need it, and it's not going to be updated. That's it.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
jlccourt
Delete the "HD" app, you'll no longer need it, and it's not going to be updated. That's it.

Um ... yeah. Don't do that until you apply @DalePorter46's fix solutions. They worked like a charm! (Meanwhile, Game Insight support personnel have failed to provide the fix solutions that Dale did. If I get any more scripted responses that don't involve those steps Dale provided, I'll post them here for entertainment purposes ... Y'all have a nice day, now ...)

Top Bottom