Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

About population issue

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Sorry for starting a new thread for this, but it seems like many haven't read what I wrote so..
Many of you are probably wondering what's happening with the population. Is it a bug? No it isn't.
In fact it was a bug in previous versions, but it was a good bug for players. Now GI has corrected the bug and we are facing population problem.

Back when I played my old game, I never had the need to update the Town Hall because I never reached the max population and not even close. I had always wondered about that and also wondered why the reward buildings of the missions always give +20 max population when I didn't even need to upgrade my Town Hall. +20 max population was like useless, but not anymore. Now it is clear.

In previous versions, population of the commercial buildings was not counted. Yes the game has population info for each commercial buildings but it didn't count before. So now it is counted and many of our cities are now suddenly overpopulated.

So, what can you do? Upgrade Town Hall and/or remove buildings.

RedFox is right.

Game Insight should have corrected this "bug" when they introduced Level 7 buildings, that would soften the blow somewhat. Introducing it at this time when there are no new building upgrades makes it tough. The only way to increase population is to build more "Ancient" 3x3 buildings and other special +20 population buildings.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
How can you tell what the population is as the indicator on my game is 790/1390 so as far as I am concerned it is a bug.
I have not got a dense city, lots of connected roads so I do believe it is a bug or my indicator is faulty.:mad:

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Sorry for starting a new thread for this, but it seems like many haven't read what I wrote so..
Many of you are probably wondering what's happening with the population. Is it a bug? No it isn't.
In fact it was a bug in previous versions, but it was a good bug for players. Now GI has corrected the bug and we are facing population problem.

Back when I played my old game, I never had the need to update the Town Hall because I never reached the max population and not even close. I had always wondered about that and also wondered why the reward buildings of the missions always give +20 max population when I didn't even need to upgrade my Town Hall. +20 max population was like useless, but not anymore. Now it is clear.

In previous versions, population of the commercial buildings was not counted. Yes the game has population info for each commercial buildings but it didn't count before. So now it is counted and many of our cities are now suddenly overpopulated.

upgrading the building does not help at all, I am level 7 building and still have over population, only way to reduce is to delete buildings until GI does an upgrade to allow higher levels of terminals.

Or ome sort of upgrade that allows a person to sstore buildings until needed, other wise thi maybe GI version of making us spend coins by detroying and rebuilding as needed depending on the quest.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
How can you tell what the population is as the indicator on my game is 790/1390 so as far as I am concerned it is a bug.
I have not got a dense city, lots of connected roads so I do believe it is a bug or my indicator is faulty.:mad:

I would say that Red Fox One has right, but I have the same opinion as Blackcloud. In my city is 928/1520 and I cannot build any single building anymore :(

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
akgoqpc
Username
sergeant
Before last update my population count was 1032/1040( I'm already in 7 level City hall) , after update count go up to 2000/1040. And right now I need to remove 50% of my city just to return to even count ? And without possibility to warehousing planes building and passengers how I suppose to fly 6 hours maps with jumbo planes ? Yes , you got it ! Go to store and buy staff from GI using greens and when you run out of it ,what will happens fast (just look on price of 300 pax ), you will pay with cash . No way I will pay real money for virtual staff , I will just stop playing , if this issue not fixed one or another way :(

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
I would say that Red Fox One has right, but I have the same opinion as Blackcloud. In my city is 928/1520 and I cannot build any single building anymore :(
There's someone in the other thread that mentioned the first digit "1" is hidden because the numbers are too long, some sort of that meaning. Which makes sense.
So probably, Blackcloud might have 1790 and Lukasz might have 1928. I can't be sure though, because I haven't reached 1000 population.
Quick calculation on my city gives me a close result. I counted around 710, my population is 776. I did under-count several buildings' population, hence the 710. We might not have noticed before, but when we count here and there, the population number sure does rack up.

EDIT: It is by Long
"By the way, I do not have the Population number issue as @flip123 mentioned. Also the issue of game progress not being saved from time to time seems to be fixed, I tried to close the game several times at different situations and when I reopened the game, everything seemed to be right at where I left off.

EDIT: took my words back about the Population issue, I didn't see the "1" in the front, it more than doubled my city's population now after the update :(."

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
There's someone in the other thread that mentioned the first digit "1" is hidden because the numbers are too long, some sort of that meaning. Which makes sense.
So probably, Blackcloud might have 1790 and Lukasz might have 1928. I can't be sure though, because I haven't reached 1000 population.
Quick calculation on my city gives me a close result. I counted around 710, my population is 776. I did under-count several buildings' population, hence the 710. We might not have noticed before, but when we count here and there, the population number sure does rack up.

EDIT: It is by Long
"By the way, I do not have the Population number issue as @flip123 mentioned. Also the issue of game progress not being saved from time to time seems to be fixed, I tried to close the game several times at different situations and when I reopened the game, everything seemed to be right at where I left off.

EDIT: took my words back about the Population issue, I didn't see the "1" in the front, it more than doubled my city's population now after the update :(."

Working on it now.
Lots of white space now to allow lots of 2x2 reward buildings and I will follow up with GI again about getting my Broadcast Tower:mad:

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
I also think that GI might have increased the population of commercial buildings. But I haven't confirmed this yet. Later tonight I will compare BlackHawk and RedFoxOne list of commercial buildings. Also will try removing and adding back BlackHawk's commercial building to see if it influences the population number.

S3R3G4

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
apc8iru
Username
S3R3G4
This is a real bugger! I had to sell half of my city with this update. My population was over 2000 when max is 1600. I sold many coin giving building, 6 Multi Story buildings, 5 Bearing-Wall houses, 6 Round Houses and 6 Tower Buildings. What an irritating update!!! I absolutely agree with Bali Hi - this update was supposed to be done with lvl 7 buildings.

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Maybe it is only an Android problem. On my Iphone the population is 632/1570 or 1632/1570. I can't see it clear in the left upper corner but for sure I have more than 632, my city has the maximum sizes and is fully builded.
I tested it by making some space (turned roads into ground and moved some buildings, not sold them!) and bought and build an extra Side Wing and a Car Dealership: not any problem!

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad

I don't buy it. My population went up 1000. I have 940 max population. I could delete every single building I have and I would still be over. I only had a population of 756.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad

I agree mine is 1756/940 I would pretty much have to delete my entire city to get it to 940.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
I don't buy it. My population went up 1000. I have 940 max population. I could delete every single building I have and I would still be over. I only had a population of 756.
You don't buy what? Either way whether you want to delete your entire city or not, it's up to you. My point is just so that people understand and get to know about the mechanism of the population issue. Even if I was wrong, I'd hope someone can provide another reasoning. Sure the game has bugs, but I think this one is not a bug, but rather a restriction or a game mechanism to me. It kinda sucks, but we just gotta go with it.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
You don't buy what? Either way whether you want to delete your entire city or not, it's up to you. My point is just so that people understand and get to know about the mechanism of the population issue. Even if I was wrong, I'd hope someone can provide another reasoning. Sure the game has bugs, but I think this one is not a bug, but rather a restriction or a game mechanism to me. It kinda sucks, but we just gotta go with it.

Hello Red Fox,

I will better explain. My total population was 756 before the update and if I had to delete 1000 population I would have to delete my entire city and I would still be upside down. But what I figured out was ALL building you buy with greenies they do NOT count against your population, such as Villa's and Castles. So that's where I started. I deleted about 1/2 of my city. Commercial buildings such as Movie theaters count 48 against your population. Yes, I have deleted to get to my 940 population and about 1/2 of my buildings are gone. Population does not count against you if you purchase with Greenies.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Maybe it is only an Android problem. On my Iphone the population is 632/1570 or 1632/1570. I can't see it clear in the left upper corner but for sure I have more than 632, my city has the maximum sizes and is fully builded.
I tested it by making some space (turned roads into ground and moved some buildings, not sold them!) and bought and build an extra Side Wing and a Car Dealership: not any problem!
Maybe yours is still 632. You can try building a passenger house and you might see it increase from 632? Build a commercial shop but it stays at 632?

I just tested on my blackhawk game which is last year's (or more?) version: both selling and buying a commercial shop do not change my population value.

Since this is already happening to Android, i think it's just a matter of time for when it also applies to ios...

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Chad Ladwig : yea, i know about the building bought with greenies thing. we can see that info in the purchase section. Townhome, stone castle, villa, donut shop, circus don't add to your population. Also grey apartment, red apartment, dolphinarium, chinese restaurant, etc from mystery buildings don't count towards population. So yea i should also mention that. Hope no one deletes their special buildings haha didn't think of that.

Also i didn't say you have to delete 1000 of your population. Maybe you misunderstood me somewhere. Although it is true that we have to sell some (or many) buildings to make ends meet. I myself was also forced to sell several buildings even though, like blackcloud, my city has connected roads throughout. But his city is nicer ;)

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Chad Ladwig : yea, i know about the building bought with greenies thing. we can see that info in the purchase section. Townhome, stone castle, villa, donut shop, circus don't add to your population. Also grey apartment, red apartment, dolphinarium, chinese restaurant, etc from mystery buildings don't count towards population. So yea i should also mention that. Hope no one deletes their special buildings haha didn't think of that.

Also you didn't say I have to delete 1000 of my population. Maybe you misunderstood me somewhere. Although it is true that we have to sell some (or many) buildings to make ends meet. I myself was also forced to sell several buildings even though, like blackcloud, my city has connected roads throughout. But his city is nicer ;)

Hello, Oh no you did not mention that I had to delete 1000 population. I deleted the big items such as Waterpark, Movie Theater, and all but 3 of by passenger hotels. I also deleted all my Mansions and quite a few of my 1x1 buildings. I am now down to 958/960. I think you where correct all along. Just hard to believe I have to delete so much I have paid for. I am all good to go. Agree, city is much nicer. I am still in the process of moving everything around. Chad

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad

Also i didn't say you have to delete 1000 of your population. Maybe you misunderstood me somewhere. Although it is true that we have to sell some (or many) buildings to make ends meet. I myself was also forced to sell several buildings even though, like blackcloud, my city has connected roads throughout. But his city is nicer ;)

Hello,

Would you have any idea why I can no longer fly any Sleigh flights? I have finished building the Ice Hotel if that makes a difference. Also it shows many of the mystery buildings require population- Chinese Restaurant 8, Ice Cream Shop 8, Pharmaceutical Firm 8, Family Diner 24, Red and Gray High Rise are 0.

Top Bottom