Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

8.1 can't upgrade my game

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w33nton
Username
Veltro
Hello people!
I can't upgrade my game because GI didn't produce an update for Win8.1RT, so sorry 'bout that...
Now it's possible just to visit my lucky neighbors, but we can't share our gifts anymore.
So I have an offer for other players who is in the same situation - let's get together! I have @GiftXchange and @Agent_L connected - guys, thank you for the gifts, it helps me to survive :)!!!
But all the other 18 gift slots are free and it will be great to find more neighbors! Other problem - to find partners for Space launches, it's too hard to make Launch every day now!

Last edited:

porvillewright

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20v96fok
Username
pwilberwright
Hello people!
I can't upgrade my game because GI didn't produce an update for Win8.1, so sorry 'bout that...
Now it's possible just to visit my lucky neighbors, but we can't share our gifts anymore.
So I have an offer for other players who is in the same situation - let's get together! I have @GiftXchange and @Agent_L connected - guys, thank you for the gifts, it helps me to survive :)!!!
But all the other 18 gift slots are free and it will be great to find more neighbors! Other problem - to find partners for Space launches, it's too hard to make Launch every day now!
Nicks, I hate to tell you but I'm playing on win 8.1 and I upgraded on 27 August! The upgrade was through the 8.1 store and with a few of the glitches mentioned in these forums, I'm at level 64 and playing fine.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w33nton
Username
Veltro
Nicks, I hate to tell you but I'm playing on win 8.1 and I upgraded on 27 August! The upgrade was through the 8.1 store and with a few of the glitches mentioned in these forums, I'm at level 64 and playing fine.
Well, I just can't find an upgrade in the Store. When I wrote a Request to GI, they replied after 2weeks, that my hardware isn't good enough. I'm playing on Surface 2 Pro under Win 8.1RT. But can't imagine that Store can recognize my hardware...

Well, I just can't find an upgrade in the Store. When I wrote a Request to GI, they replied after 2weeks, that my hardware isn't good enough. I'm playing on Surface 2 Pro under Win 8.1RT. But can't imagine that Store can recognize my hardware...
have you contacted microsoft support?

Sorry David, which error code? Update isn't available in the Store for me, so there are no error code...
looks like u might need to ugrade from 8.1 to 10 to use the upgraded vers 4.7.12 of airportcity that's the only solution I can come up with. Had to update my android emulator for windows to play the google store airportcity 4.7.9

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
Maybe the problem is related with hardware not software like my old Android tablet. The developers adopted a new system (or something like this) that requires a compatible processor. I remember to read this in another thread.
The solution is only changing the device than I loose one of my support games.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Nothing wrong with the store. Same deal here. It's a separate store for RT, although it doesn't show or doesn't appear that way.
GI told me it's hardware related...

Surface doesn't upgrade to win10 because it's the RT version, @david smith . It's an operating system somewhere between win 8.1 and win mobile. A sort of watered down version of 8.1 if you will...

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w33nton
Username
Veltro
Do you maybe have an option to manually transfer the game onto other device (PC)? Install the game on other device and copy/paste your "old" data folder
Well, I'm thinking about upgrade of my desktop, but not ready to do it just for THIS game. Guys, seriously, this isn't a Half-Life 2 class game and I really can't understand, why does it require such modern Software & Hardware!

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Well, I'm thinking about upgrade of my desktop, but not ready to do it just for THIS game. Guys, seriously, this isn't a Half-Life 2 class game and I really can't understand, why does it require such modern Software & Hardware!
i'm not an IT but there is a magic circle for games - hardware goes up, new software is needed, with new software ,hardware requirements raise (for a game that runs for last 5 years - both hardware and software changed dramatically - so for the game to be able to run on newer hard/soft, game require changes (maybe some coding, engine, I don't know) as every developer is looking for new players. All that cause that game updates are causing more issues.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
You don't need anything special on your desktop except Win 8 or 10.

The hardware architecture requirement is not about modern and it's not about power. It's just about the dominant one. When 99% of Windows players are running x86, the costs of supporting ARM doesn't justify the tiny marketshare it serves. On Android it's the exact opposite - people with Atom based devices can't play many games even though their CPUs are more powerful than best ARMs. Because Androids on Atom are so insignificant that no software vendor cares. When it works, it works. When it stops - tough luck, move on.
Maybe the problem turns out small enough that devs will fix it out of vanity. After all, it's pretty weird, windows phone is on ARM, so they DO support ARM. And they do support non-phone Windows. Just not at the same time o_O

Top Bottom