Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Why not?

Pejt

CheezLvr
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
047im5fii
Username
Pejt
In many posts I read that trading items must be done using the item(s) in your game name. I really do not see why this is the best possibility. I understand that it happens that you receive useless items, for example if the player does not have the requested item. So what about the following:
Everyone needs fuel, always. You can never have enough of it. So lets use this fact. Suppose I want to have a spare wire. So I sent this as a gift to my friends. When my friend does not have the item or does not want to receive it, he sends back fuel (20). The only thing I have to do is keep track of this, so I write down my friends name, the item I have send. I will then not sent this item again to this friend. When I receive the requested item, and I do not want to receive it anymore, I sent back fuel. After some time you get a good idea what your friends on your friends list have and what their needs are. I am experiencing that this works. At the end of the day you receive items you want and just have to click it to resent it as long as you need the item. In case of not needing any items, I only send fuel.

In many posts I read that trading items must be done using the item(s) in your game name. I really do not see why this is the best possibility. I understand that it happens that you receive useless items, for example if the player does not have the requested item. So what about the following:
Everyone needs fuel, always. You can never have enough of it. So lets use this fact. Suppose I want to have a spare wire. So I sent this as a gift to my friends. When my friend does not have the item or does not want to receive it, he sends back fuel (20). The only thing I have to do is keep track of this, so I write down my friends name, the item I have send. I will then not sent this item again to this friend. When I receive the requested item, and I do not want to receive it anymore, I sent back fuel. After some time you get a good idea what your friends on your friends list have and what their needs are. I am experiencing that this works. At the end of the day you receive items you want and just have to click it to resent it as long as you need the item. In case of not needing any items, I only send fuel.
you're forgetting there's a lot of old players here. we take care of our warehouse, and plan our flights. the items we ask are what we need. we want to give you what you need too, but we're not willing to do it if we receive "rubbish" back.

Rubbish can be: anything we do not need because we're not planning flights that need it soon; anything we do not need because we can't receive, as we have 100 (or more, for some special items and very old time players); items for buildings we already have or don't plan to have (eg cosmic fuel stations); event items when we chose not doing the event... I think you're getting the idea.

So, don't even try that "strategy" with most forum members. You risk not receiving a single item back, a private and/or public message or even being deleted from that player's neighbors list

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
A large number of neighbors I have who most come to visit and collect from all that I have to offer, are those who are old and new players alike.
It's a rarity to see anyone but a veteran player own 6 planetariums and 6 astronaut academies, and even other buildings GI retired. If they choose to send me what I request, fine. If not, I'm not going to evict them.
But with so many neighbors, and my game not officially obligated to send fuel to 30 per day; I have placed quite a few on fav list. And I rotate and gift fuel. As was mentioned already, who isn't wanting fuel?

But along the way there are requests for special items, mainly to finish construction of town halls, towers and others.
But for me to try and create some sort of roster as to who sent what; I tried that before. I'm part of a fuel ring and lol I don't even know if I'm getting fuel from others all the time as there are many in the group.

But many know me here, on discord and even on FB that they can send me a DM and ask for granulators, passport scanners, etc that I might have.

In between those special requests, I send F20, and rotate through my fav list, regularly

Pejt

CheezLvr
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
047im5fii
Username
Pejt
Thanks all for your feedback. Only am trying to look for a kind of system. I have experienced that putting wanted items in my name is not working that good. But I agree, it can be annoying when you receive items you never need. I will give it a try on the forum to advertise what I need and what I can offer, maybe that has a better result...........

Thanks all for your feedback. Only am trying to look for a kind of system. I have experienced that putting wanted items in my name is not working that good. But I agree, it can be annoying when you receive items you never need. I will give it a try on the forum to advertise what I need and what I can offer, maybe that has a better result...........
There is a thread for trading created each month under trading section, there is also a guide which states you to post what you need in your signature, link to guide :
The Name method works well only if all are long term or at least permanent members of forum for 3 months, having neighbors not in forum is only a headache to trade with, that's why you see most long term players including regular short term players have only forum members as neighbors, in addition the added benefit is that this also helps prevents hijacking of your space launches as forum members know the result if someone hijacks a launch

it all depends on the type of neighbors you have. If you tend to accept all those random invites we get, then sending what you want may work. they're probably newbies or not much involved in the game anyway. If you have most from forum and/or discord, then you probably get better results sending what's in your name. Best of all, find (here or on discord) a group of players to trade daily, set a deal with them, and leave only a few spots on your gifting list to outsiders

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
you're forgetting there's a lot of old players here. we take care of our warehouse, and plan our flights. the items we ask are what we need. we want to give you what you need too, but we're not willing to do it if we receive "rubbish" back.

Rubbish can be: anything we do not need because we're not planning flights that need it soon; anything we do not need because we can't receive, as we have 100 (or more, for some special items and very old time players); items for buildings we already have or don't plan to have (eg cosmic fuel stations); event items when we chose not doing the event... I think you're getting the idea.

So, don't even try that "strategy" with most forum members. You risk not receiving a single item back, a private and/or public message or even being deleted from that player's neighbors list
One solution is to slow down a little and actually look at a neighbor's game. Now that everything has a tag, description on it, and seeing for example a CT or townhall is under construction, you can see what level. if you are upgrading too at that level you know what your neighbor might need. or go look at the wiki for the information. Honestly if you are rushing and just hitting resend all the time, you aren't really enjoying the game anymore either

If you’re looking for building items, particularly the big 3 (TH, T & CT), each player can only send one of the 4 items needed for each upgrade and they also need to be at the same level you’re at. Forgetting about the vey bottom levels, assume that each building has 10 upgrades, each player has around a 1 in 40 chance of having what you need (very simplistic math, but you get the drift). Are these the items that you aren’t getting back? This would be the reason. You’ll read it 1000 times if you look long enough at old forum threads - DON’T send people items that YOU want.

Mac Craft

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03qd5h9g6
Username
Mac
I agree that f20 is probably more likely to be useful to most players. I disagree that everyone needs F20. Right now I have 4 VR's and 20 Pills. I am requesting vr's from neighbors but they are buried under the seven days of f20 gifts from 16 fuel rings....I don't have time to fly maps...so fuel is not in demand now...in few hours I will need to use take them all option...

I agree that f20 is probably more likely to be useful to most players. I disagree that everyone needs F20. Right now I have 4 VR's and 20 Pills. I am requesting vr's from neighbors but they are buried under the seven days of f20 gifts from 16 fuel rings....I don't have time to fly maps...so fuel is not in demand now...in few hours I will need to use take them all option...
No you don’t use or lose…. Accept them and store in your fuel bar till you need them. Ok you will go over the limit so self generation doesn’t happen but you’d be daft if you just let them drop off the gift list!

Can you use the take them all option without losing gifts? I always have to pick them one by one,

Mac Craft

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03qd5h9g6
Username
Mac
No you don’t use or lose…. Accept them and store in your fuel bar till you need them. Ok you will go over the limit so self generation doesn’t happen but you’d be daft if you just let them drop off the gift list!
And I assume you loose them if they drop/expire of the gift list...?! But I will make myself fly some maps this morning...Thanks

You can accept 100 gifts of a single type (Mostly because of the 100 limit of an item), even though F20s do not go to warehouse, it apparently follows same code of 100 limit, thus giving rise to your reported issue
No. Fuel does NOT go into your warehouse. Items yes, fuel NO. There is no 100 limit. Fuel goes onto the fuel bar! Regardless of the amount on your fuel bar, it just increases.
The only thing @Pejt has to do, is accept the fuel and ignore the flight items IF his warehouse is already at 100. I can’t accept all (as @LX Air - Teresa ) but have to accept about 50% individually and then normally I can accept all together.
Fuel in the warehouse is limited to 100 but the main sources of this fuel comes from chests, space launches etc NOT incoming gifts.

You can accept 100 gifts of a single type (Mostly because of the 100 limit of an item), even though F20s do not go to warehouse, it apparently follows same code of 100 limit, thus giving rise to your reported issue
No. Fuel does NOT go into your warehouse. Items yes, fuel NO. There is no 100 limit. Fuel goes onto the fuel bar! Regardless of the amount on your fuel bar, it just increases.
The only thing @Pejt has to do, is accept the fuel and ignore the flight items IF his warehouse is already at 100. I can’t accept all (as @LX Air - Teresa ) but have to accept about 50% individually and then normally I can accept all together.
Fuel in the warehouse is limited to 100 but the main sources of this fuel comes from chests, space launches etc NOT incoming gifts.

I said it does not go to warehouse but the 100 limit still applies, that is the reason you need to accept F20s to reduce its number in gifts to below 100 (even 99 is ok) to be able to accept all remaining at once (as you said 50%), Will post photo of it once I reach the limit (Probably in a day)

Top Bottom