Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What do you consider a good deal on a launch?

So this morning I found a Blue launch that was at 1994/2000 with only two participants. I quickly joined that one and launched with third place for the final six points. 300 coins for a SFT (who knows, I may have already had one?), netted 5,000 coins and a Space Conqueror 2 kit (6 Silver Tokens, 2 x 50 Fuel, 2 LFT and a chance at a collectible toward the Space Travel collection).

I think 6 points for 3rd is the best I've ever found. I took 3rd on a space flight a few weeks ago for 40+ points, and I'll routinely buy into 2nd or 3rd for a few hundred points. But it got me to thinking, what do you consider a "good deal" on a launch if you're not taking the captain's chair?

For me, I think it comes down to the 256 rule - if I can guarantee 2nd/3rd for 256 or less, I'll probably buy in. At that point, I've basically only spent one Main Stabilizer and some coins to get some pretty decent rewards. Even if I have to spend 2 LFT's, I'll get those back in the Space Conqueror chest so that's net zero.

To that end, I mainly look for launches with 1 or 2 participants, and less than 600 left to launch. I figure if I'm in second with 256 points, someone can come in over the top with a 360 and I'll still take 3rd.

What's your strategy for finding a "cheap" launch?

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
If I’m looking for cheap, I’ll sit in a room and wait until theres something cheap going. Cheap to me means ‘free’, e.g. I gain more launch fuel than I use.
Personally I think 576 for a silver chest on a red launch is a good deal.

But generally I’ll captain my own launches unless I’m ‘broke’ following a QL session.

Edit, the best I’ve had is 2 points for a silver chest on red :love:

I think 0 is the best deal. I have seen people do this when they have a QL. Who will kick them out when they bring a QL? Not me!
But no chest just low level space items.

M
So this morning I found a Blue launch that was at 1994/2000 with only two participants. I quickly joined that one and launched with third place for the final six points. 300 coins for a SFT (who knows, I may have already had one?), netted 5,000 coins and a Space Conqueror 2 kit (6 Silver Tokens, 2 x 50 Fuel, 2 LFT and a chance at a collectible toward the Space Travel collection).

I think 6 points for 3rd is the best I've ever found. I took 3rd on a space flight a few weeks ago for 40+ points, and I'll routinely buy into 2nd or 3rd for a few hundred points. But it got me to thinking, what do you consider a "good deal" on a launch if you're not taking the captain's chair?

For me, I think it comes down to the 256 rule - if I can guarantee 2nd/3rd for 256 or less, I'll probably buy in. At that point, I've basically only spent one Main Stabilizer and some coins to get some pretty decent rewards. Even if I have to spend 2 LFT's, I'll get those back in the Space Conqueror chest so that's net zero.

To that end, I mainly look for launches with 1 or 2 participants, and less than 600 left to launch. I figure if I'm in second with 256 points, someone can come in over the top with a 360 and I'll still take 3rd.

What's your strategy for finding a "cheap" launch?
y best is 2nd for zero but that’s flying with me and Harold!

Top Bottom