Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Version 8.0 False Promises?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Version 7.0 gave us a brand new airport system and made some changes along the way in terms of bonuses and the like.
Version 8.0 gave us a new hangar system and a new flight interface. However, aircraft customization was also a part of that promise. We are 12 versions in, and still no sign of it. Was this false advertising? What is the purpose of the hangar makeover in 8.0? I would have thought that all those plans would have come to fruition by now. Gameplay is becoming quite monotonous, hence the mini venting on my part. I'm still hopeful, but it's waning fast.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
There was also talk about new levels :(

And yes, I'm tired of the new features that add nothing to the game (videos when you buy a plane, visuals inside the hangar)

I'm pleased with lots of the new features - especially inventory counts. But 150 flights with tiny planes for events we've already done?! What does this offer for the seasoned players? What does it do for the new players?

They need to work on getting the balance right. And they need to work on eliminating the cheaters in a permanent way or at least put all the cheaters in competition leagues and alliance standing of their own so they compete against each other.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
There was also talk about new levels :(

And yes, I'm tired of the new features that add nothing to the game (videos when you buy a plane, visuals inside the hangar)

I'm pleased with lots of the new features - especially inventory counts. But 150 flights with tiny planes for events we've already done?! What does this offer for the seasoned players? What does it do for the new players?

They need to work on getting the balance right. And they need to work on eliminating the cheaters in a permanent way or at least put all the cheaters in competition leagues and alliance standing of their own so they compete against each other.
Yes let me second the inventory count....one of the best moves of 8.0 by far.
The cars addition really bummed me out. Nothing is wrong with the addition itself (although I agree with Bob69bob that there should be a switch for it), but there are so many other things they couldve done. Even a night feature (although it's purely aesthetic as well) would have been a great change.
I'm ok with new levels, but there has to be something different about the new levels, else we will get to the same point once we reach the end. I would say go to lv 100 only for completeness.
What I think they should do is add a star rewards system. That for sure would keep both new players and veterans engaged. However, Im not talking just "a passenger building" or "an item building"...maybe reward some perks from the subscription (higher fuel rate, all fair weather, etc), but have it that we can only get a max of 2 benefits at a time (have to still keep the appeal of subscriptions).
Bottom Line: There is so much more development possible with the game for both vets and new players, but they are not tapping into it at all. I barely complete collections anymore; even launching has lost some of its appeal. Gold tokens? Not much need for it anymore except to expand the hangar and buy S2 jets. Its just annoying seeing the lack of progress 🙄

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
And mend what they broke in v8. Active flights impossible to sort.

Agree about 159 flights to somewhere ive been just to reduce my Ll. No thanks. Stay at home.
Yeah that has been annoying. I always have to start at the top when checking my favorite flights and scroll down to get to the aircraft of interest. You should be able to switch tabs and stay at the same aircraft.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I remembered ur-quan saying that an alliance change was coming...not convinced that it's the entire system though. I see one critical change and two minor changes that could make the entire alliance experience better:
Critical Change: Allow only active aircraft to partake in deciding weekly alliance tasks. Hangar aircraft would be excluded
Minor Change #1: Reward all alliances with a map each week, regardless of how much they fly. Increase all other rewards by one map.
Minor Change #2: Permit each player to trade one alliance map with one other member once a week

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@Maverick68 also there hasn't been any mention about the plane customization at all. The last time I heard any mention of it from ur-quan was before 8.0 I think. That was one of the major changes that I think most were looking forward to, since there werent any other changes that people wanted (more levels, new planes, new launches, etc.)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
well, i'm not looking forward to plane customization at all. It reminds me some games where you really have to pay if you want a new weapon or a new costume for your character. So in the end, plane customization can well be just anoher way to grab some extra bucks from players
Right. But I would take custom planes over the stupid interior of the hangar and the useless video that plays when you buy a plane

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
well, i'm not looking forward to plane customization at all. It reminds me some games where you really have to pay if you want a new weapon or a new costume for your character. So in the end, plane customization can well be just anoher way to grab some extra bucks from players
Maybe, but at least its an option for those willing to indulge. I dont like the idea of selling snake oil...it's just not good business practice

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Game Insight need to get their current code in order FIRST before they introduce any new features. To continue to release this application in such an unstable state is shameful.
Agreed. They should do a version update that solely addresses as many of the reported bugs as possible; can even do it over 2 or 3 updates. They should also trim any excess fat in terms of program size

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Not only they should fix the bug, but also they should focus in the game itself, and make it much more fun, then frustrate the player.
Adding 3D hangar.. useless, adding card... useless.
I was wondering... on their development meetings, does.. adding cars to the roads, really was on top of their to do list... ? :unsure::unsure:

Top Bottom