Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Using Liveries

Liveries are paint jobs that can be applied to the planes you purchase. Some liveries can be purchased through the shop in the Operative Hangar while others are only available during events. Some can be earned by flying to special destinations.

Liveries can be simply esthetic with no benefit like the Rock Livery
rock.png
Some liveries can boost the speed of your planes like the S2 Livery
s2-png.59570
Some increase profits from flights for the plane it's applied to like the Volcanic Plane
volcanic_plane-png.59580
Some increase drop rate from destinations like the Tectonic Plane
1654771817866.png
And still others are required to fly to special destinations like the Air Lab Livery
air_lab-png.59587

Not all liveries can be applied to all planes. For example, the air lab livery above can only be applied to an owl. The details for each livery can be found in the Liveries section of the wiki. This guide describes how to use liveries.

Before getting into the instructions, note that liveries cannot be removed from one plane and added to another. Also, if you sell the plane, all the applied liveries get sold with the plane.

To apply a livery:
  • Make sure the plane you want to paint is in a stand (i.e. at the airport, not in flight or in the repair base)
  • Go into the Operative Hangar and select Stands
    1643114439078.png
  • Select the plane you want to paint
  • You will see a paintbrush in the upper right corner
    1643114512328.png
  • Click on the paintbrush to scroll through the available liveries. The information box will show you what changes will be made to the characteristics of the plane. For example, the purple livery will increase the speed of the swift by 5%. It will take 10 minutes to apply (but the process can be sped up if you have a fan heater). At the end of the process, you will have a purple plane that is 5% faster.
    1643114622162.png
    purple.png
That's how easy it is to apply liveries.

You can apply multiple liveries to planes. In this example, there is an existing Giant S3. The S3 livery gives any plane a speed boost of 40%.
giant s3.png
s3.png

Let's take the example of the Superfast livery which gives a speed boost of 50%. This doesn't get added to the 40% for a total of 90%. It will increase the speed by the difference so that it ends up at 50%. If you select the Giant S3 and go into the liveries, you will see that the Superfast livery increases the speed of the plane by 10% - from 40% to 50%. The plane will have the superfast look once the process is done.

giant superfast.png
superfast_livery.png

Here's another example using a profit boost livery and applying it to the Giant S3. The speed of the plane doesn't change although applying this livery will add a profit bonus of 30% and change the look of the plane to volcanic.
giant volcanic.png
volcanic_plane.png

Applying liveries only makes them BETTER. If you were to apply the purple livery above to the S3, you would see no decrease in the speed, but you would end up with a purple plane that behaves like an S3.

When you apply multiple liveries to a plane, the last one applied is the one the plane wears. But you can change that.

In this example, the plane has one livery applied - an S1 livery. You can change the look of the plane back to the standard livery that comes with a falcon while keeping the benefits of the S1.
1643116599426.png

In this example, there were two liveries applied. First, the tropical livery was applied to a standard condor. Then the plane had a superfast livery applied.
3 liveries.png

In the painting screen, you can select an "applied" Tropical livery, then click the "Use" button to change the look of the plane back to Tropical while keeping all the benefits.
1643116951241.png
tropical.png

Finally, it must be repeated. You CANNOT remove a livery from a plane and when you sell or drop a plane, all the liveries that were applied are gone too.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Fair Winds
Liveries are paint jobs that can be applied to the planes you purchase. Some liveries can be purchased through the shop in the Operative Hangar while others are only available during events. Some can be earned by flying to special destinations.

View attachment 62425

s2-png.59570

Some increase profits from flights for the plane it's applied to like the Volcanic Plane
volcanic_plane-png.59580

And still others are required to fly to special destinations like the Air Lab Livery
air_lab-png.59587

Not all liveries can be applied to all planes. For example, the air lab livery above can only be applied to an owl. The details for each livery can be found in the Liveries section of the wiki. This guide describes how to use liveries.

And before getting into the instructions for use, you should note that liveries cannot be removed from one plane and added to another. So be sure you want to apply the livery to that plane. Also, if you sell the plane, all the applied liveries get sold with the plane.

• Make sure the plane you want to paint is in a stand (i.e. at the airport, not in flight or in the repair base)
    View attachment 62409
    View attachment 62410
  • Click on the paintbrush to scroll through the available liveries. The information box will show you the change to the characteristics of the plane. For example, the purple livery will increase the speed of the swift by 5%. It will take 10 minutes to apply this livery but the process can be sped up if you have a fan heater.
    View attachment 62411View attachment 62420

You can also apply multiple liveries to planes. In this example, there is an existing Giant S3. The S3 livery gives any plane a speed boost of 40%.
View attachment 62413View attachment 62415

Let's take the example of the Superfast livery. It gives a speed boost of 50%. This doesn't get added to the 40% for a total of 90%. It will increase the speed so that it ends up at 50%. If you select the Giant S3 and go into the liveries, you will see that the Superfast livery adds 10% speed boost to the plane.

View attachment 62414View attachment 62417

Here's another example using a profit boost livery and applying it to the Giant S3. The speed of the plane doesn't change although applying this livery will add a profit bonus of 30%.
View attachment 62412View attachment 62419

Applying liveries only makes them BETTER. If you were to apply the purple livery above to the S3, you would see no change in the speed, but you would end up with a purple plane that behaves like an S3.

When you apply a multiple liveries to a plane, the last one applied is the one the plane wears. But you can change that.

In this example, the plane has one livery applied - an S1 livery. You can change the look of the plane back to the standard livery that comes with a falcon while keeping the benefits
View attachment 62421

In this example, there were two liveries applied. First, the tropical livery was applied to a standard condor. Then the plane has a superfast livery applied.
View attachment 62422

In the painting screen, if you were to select the "applied" Tropical livery, clicking the "Use" button would change the look of the plane back to Tropical while keeping all the benefits.
View attachment 62423View attachment 62424

Finally, it must be repeated. You CANNOT remove a livery from a plane and when you sell or drop a plane, all the liveries that were applied are gone too.
Well done…thanks for the info

Device
  1. Android
Username
DonYVR
Thanks Chloe. I did not know this bit about changing liveries and keeping benefits. Much appreciated.

"When you apply a multiple liveries to a plane, the last one applied is the one the plane wears. But you can change that.
In this example, the plane has one livery applied - an S1 livery. You can change the look of the plane back to the standard livery that comes with a falcon while keeping the benefits"

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Thanks Chloe. I did not know this bit about changing liveries and keeping benefits. Much appreciated.

"When you apply a multiple liveries to a plane, the last one applied is the one the plane wears. But you can change that.
In this example, the plane has one livery applied - an S1 livery. You can change the look of the plane back to the standard livery that comes with a falcon while keeping the benefits"
I just found this part out this morning from @Robbie Laker

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Max combo bonus:
+50% speed(superfast livery) and profit +500%(celestial livery)
Yes, for now. But I'm hoping they will get creative with liveries.
- allow planes to carry more passengers
- use less fuel
- avoid breakdowns
- not be affected by weather
- improve drop rate

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Well, technically no? 🤔

There was the acrobatic\aerobatic plane with +80% speed which could be used for those that purchased but unsure if still available and as a livery.
You are correct. To bad it never comes back. There are multiple times during regular game play that you don't want to have a swift in your fleet. So if you paid the $5 for it at the beginning, you have to lose it to adjust your fleet.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well, technically no? 🤔

There was the acrobatic\aerobatic plane with +80% speed which could be used by those that purchased but unsure if still available and as a livery.
Aerobatic livery is only available for the swift plane I believe. I think it was a special livery that was obtained by newer players (don't know the details of how to obtain it)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

View attachment 62425
s2-png.59570
volcanic_plane-png.59580
air_lab-png.59587

Before getting into the instructions, note that liveries cannot be removed from one plane and added to another. Also, if you sell the plane, all the applied liveries get sold with the plane.

View attachment 62409
    View attachment 62410
  • Click on the paintbrush to scroll through the available liveries. The information box will show you the change to the characteristics of the plane. For example, the purple livery will increase the speed of the swift by 5%. It will take 10 minutes to apply this livery but the process can be sped up if you have a fan heater. At the end of the process, you will have a purple plane that is 5% faster.
    View attachment 62411View attachment 62420

You can also apply multiple liveries to planes. In this example, there is an existing Giant S3. The S3 livery gives any plane a speed boost of 40%.
View attachment 62413View attachment 62415

Let's take the example of the Superfast livery. It gives a speed boost of 50%. This doesn't get added to the 40% for a total of 90%. It will increase the speed by the difference so that it ends up at 50%. If you select the Giant S3 and go into the liveries, you will see that the Superfast livery increases the speed of the plane by 10% - from 40% to 50%. The plane will have the superfast look once the process is done.

View attachment 62414View attachment 62417

Here's another example using a profit boost livery and applying it to the Giant S3. The speed of the plane doesn't change although applying this livery will add a profit bonus of 30% and change the look of the plane to volcanic.
View attachment 62412View attachment 62419

Applying liveries only makes them BETTER. If you were to apply the purple livery above to the S3, you would see no decrease in the speed, but you would end up with a purple plane that behaves like an S3.

When you apply a multiple liveries to a plane, the last one applied is the one the plane wears. But you can change that.

In this example, the plane has one livery applied - an S1 livery. You can change the look of the plane back to the standard livery that comes with a falcon while keeping the benefits of the S1.
View attachment 62421

In this example, there were two liveries applied. First, the tropical livery was applied to a standard condor. Then the plane has a superfast livery applied.
View attachment 62422

In the painting screen, if you select the "applied" Tropical livery, click the "Use" button to change the look of the plane back to Tropical while keeping all the benefits.
View attachment 62423View attachment 62424

Expected nothing less from you in terms of a write-up....excellent work!
I thought all paintjobs took 5 mins, but I stand corrected. Some are 5 and it seems some can be 10. Is it livery dependent or is it dependent on the aircraft? I may need to do an experiment 👨🏿‍🔬

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Expected nothing less from you in terms of a write-up....excellent work!
I thought all paintjobs took 5 mins, but I stand corrected. Some are 5 and it seems some can be 10. Is it livery dependent or is it dependent on the aircraft? I may need to do an experiment 👨🏿‍🔬
It's livery dependent.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure why they bother with 5/10 minute paint jobs and have a fan to speed up. No point. Do hours or don't both.

Aerobatic livery is only available for the swift plane I believe. I think it was a special livery that was obtained by newer players (don't know the details of how to obtain it)
Yep, it was available awhile back for purchase by new users to the game and is just for the swift (likewise, so is the heart livery at +20% speed).

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It's livery dependent.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure why they bother with 5/10 minute paint jobs and have a fan to speed up. No point. Do hours or don't both.
Yes it's livery dependent, but it goes even deeper than that. I saw the giant specific liveries (ones that guest planes use) taking an hour for giant planes. I have a feeling that the bigger the plane, the more time required for the guest plane liveries. All event liveries seem to only be 5 mins, with the exception of a few special liveries like air lab, which takes 10. I'll keep adding what I find as time permits....most people use the fans to speed up anyway

Yes it's livery dependent, but it goes even deeper than that. I saw the giant specific liveries (ones that guest planes use) taking an hour for giant planes. I have a feeling that the bigger the plane, the more time required for the guest plane liveries. All event liveries seem to only be 5 mins, with the exception of a few special liveries like air lab, which takes 10. I'll keep adding what I find as time permits....most people use the fans to speed up anyway
A few values
s1,s2, s3, tropical, forest, violet, cloudy, rainbow, ranger, cardinal, marine, all these show different times, and often different between types of planes
eg s1-2-3
owl 10min / jumbo 50m / giant 1h / falcon 1h15 (i only had those available)

ranger seems to be 10 min across aircrafts

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
A few values
s1,s2, s3, tropical, forest, violet, cloudy, rainbow, ranger, cardinal, marine, all these show different times, and often different between types of planes
eg s1-2-3
owl 10min / jumbo 50m / giant 1h / falcon 1h15 (i only had those available)

ranger seems to be 10 min across aircrafts
Did some of my work for me thanks, but I got the rest as well.
For the guest plane liveries, S1, S2, S3, tropical, and specific existing liveries (like snowbird thunderbird for 350 greenies), the paint time are the following:

Swift: 5 mins
Owl: 10 mins
Hawk: 20 mins
Raven: 30 mins
Eagle: 40 mins
Jumbo: 50 mins
Giant: 1 hr
Falcon: 1 hr 15 min
Thunderbird: 1 hr 30 min
Condor: 2 hr

Special event liveries obtained by doing collections (ranger and air lab for example) are all 10 mins regardless of aircraft.

All event liveries obtained by leveling up in events are 5 mins regardless of aircraft.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Did some of my work for me thanks, but I got the rest as well.
For the guest plane liveries, S1, S2, S3, tropical, and specific existing liveries (like snowbird thunderbird for 350 greenies), the paint time are the following:

Swift: 5 mins
Owl: 10 mins
Hawk: 20 mins
Raven: 30 mins
Eagle: 40 mins
Jumbo: 50 mins
Giant: 1 hr
Falcon: 1 hr 15 min
Thunderbird: 1 hr 30 min
Condor: 2 hr

Special event liveries obtained by doing collections (ranger and air lab for example) are all 10 mins regardless of aircraft.

All event liveries obtained by leveling up in events are 5 mins regardless of aircraft.
LOL, I was going to say shame on you for not looking in the wiki. But I also didn't look :) It's always been this way ... ... ... and I created the page 🙄

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Well, technically no? 🤔

There was the acrobatic\aerobatic plane with +80% speed which could be used by those that purchased but unsure if still available and as a livery.
I have seen this livery come on sale for jumbo and eagle. If I ever see it come up for falcon or condor I will be purchasing it

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I have seen this livery come on sale for jumbo and eagle. If I ever see it come up for falcon or condor I will be purchasing it
At first, i thought the same thing, but as time goes on, I think the Superfast may be the sweet spot. Although the idea of a 2 hour condor flight sounds like a dream come true, unless pills are no longer 120 greenies at the pharmacy, managing resources may be a bit tricky...even with one. Knowing me, I'd prefer to have liveries in pairs anyway, so two aerobatics would be even more of a challenge 😅

Top Bottom