Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Using Bonuses

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
When using a bonus such as Spy Glass, does it have to be used before takeoff or can it be used after takeoff and still be effective?
I haven't really found a difference with a spyglass. I've been running the spyglass constantly since this event started. I go to bed with one running. I wake up and start one before I collect from my planes and really had almost nothing dropping when I collect in the morning.

I can't comment on the other bonuses.

All bonuses should be activated before and not after.
I agree. This is apparently a recent change. It used to be that a flight bonus was active whenever you activated it, but now it must be activated before flights are sent out. (with a few exceptions - weathervane, jetpack, Spirit of Adventure). The good thing with the new method is a 6 hour bonus will last for a 12 hour flight! And even a 30 minute potion of luck will last for a 12 hour flight - as long as it is activated before your planes are sent out.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Is that a recentish thing? Haven't used a bonus in a long long time, but remember activating it before planes arrived to get the most out of it.
Yes, 1 or 2 updates ago.

When you look at the planes in flight, the icon will be shown in the upper right corner of the flight box and let you know what ones are currently affecting that flight. Like @crescent moon stated, most of them are required to be active prior to the plane departing the terminal. The bonus is then realized when the plane lands even if the bonus timer has ran out.

matto

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20kcmgbxw
Username
matto
I haven't really found a difference with a spyglass. I've been running the spyglass constantly since this event started. I go to bed with one running. I wake up and start one before I collect from my planes and really had almost nothing dropping when I collect in the morning.

I can't comment on the other bonuses.
Have to agree - sometimes I question if it actually works?

matto

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20kcmgbxw
Username
matto
I agree. This is apparently a recent change. It used to be that a flight bonus was active whenever you activated it, but now it must be activated before flights are sent out. (with a few exceptions - weathervane, jetpack, Spirit of Adventure). The good thing with the new method is a 6 hour bonus will last for a 12 hour flight! And even a 30 minute potion of luck will last for a 12 hour flight - as long as it is activated before your planes are sent out.
Good point (y)Same applies to Potion of Luck - you need to use before a flight is sent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom