Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Use of own planes from reserve hangar

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04narpbod
Username
Jan van Baaren
I'd like to make a proposition about planes that are sitting in the reserve hangar unused.
I think it would be very very convenient to all players to be able to use them as well as the active planes.
Advantages:
1. While your own planes are on an alliance mission, the reserve planes than could use the empty stands to make other flights to fly to destinations to pick up resources for alliance task that you're short off.
2. Make flights for an event.
3. Make flights to recover your warehouse.

I'd like to make a proposition about planes that are sitting in the reserve hangar unused.
I think it would be very very convenient to all players to be able to use them as well as the active planes.
Advantages:
1. While your own planes are on an alliance mission, the reserve planes than could use the empty stands to make other flights to fly to destinations to pick up resources for alliance task that you're short off.
Why not scrap the reserve hangar and make more stands? And give us all 50 greenies while they’re at It?

With GI trying to balance the game, this will not happen.
"Old" players, who will have more planes in reserve hangar will be able to do many more flights than "new" players.
This would mean (again) that if you are spending more real money in the game, you get advantage over others.
This is legalizing the "guest plane" bug they made impossible when v8 came out. I do not like this idea.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think, essentially, they're suggesting undoing the 1:1 binding of plane to stand. So, say have 30 planes in total then can have all 30 in flight with fewer stands, say only 14.
Then, when all 30 planes land you have a mess - like a real airport 😁
I don't think G! wants this..
...nor do we. Certainly don't want the game to have an increased chance of crashing

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Advantages:
I see why you would want to allow more flights for the unused stands, but it would be a gaming nightmare if all those flights returned at once. Maybe you simply want more stands to use all your planes instead of having a reserve hangar.

Now a very different and useful suggestion would be to be able to warehouse (not RH) your planes... perhaps by creating a long-term reserve hangar (LTRH). Even having to pay for putting planes there and/or having a minimum period for staying there...
with planes in that LTRH not counting for alliance missions

I see why you would want to allow more flights for the unused stands, but it would be a gaming nightmare if all those flights returned at once. Maybe you simply want more stands to use all your planes instead of having a reserve hangar.
I think it would add to the flight management, how to prioritise which ones to dock first.

I can see why some wouldn’t like it but personally I think it would be great, and also make the stands capable of only accepting certain types of aircraft, more ways to add to the management of your fleet.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I think it would add to the flight management, how to prioritise which ones to dock first.

I can see why some wouldn’t like it but personally I think it would be great, and also make the stands capable of only accepting certain types of aircraft, more ways to add to the management of your fleet.
I like the idea, and it would make the subscription(s) more worthwhile. However it’ll create a massive delta between those with lots of RH slots and those without.

Lets see what G! have in store with the alliance rank shake up...

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Now a very different and useful suggestion would be to be able to warehouse (not RH) your planes... perhaps by creating a long-term reserve hangar (LTRH). Even having to pay for putting planes there and/or having a minimum period for staying there...
I could go for this. If I read correctly, you are suggesting to do the same for planes, as we currently do for buildings. Pay coins to put them into the warehouse when not needed and pull them back out when you do need them.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

On second thought, I don’t think it would work well in the manner described.
It would completely change the purpose of the RH. It would no longer be there to store other expensive planes/S planes and manipulate alliance tasks. In most cases, players would then be looking to maximise passenger numbers and fuel efficiency.

I would like to see a method of increasing the number of planes we can fly concurrently though, it would be interesting if this was done without increasing the number of stands too. I think the RH serves an important function as is though.

I could go for this. If I read correctly, you are suggesting to do the same for planes, as we currently do for buildings. Pay coins to put them into the warehouse when not needed and pull them back out when you do need them.
Thereby bypassing the RH and G$ missing out on greenies spent for upgrading\expanding of the RH? Um... 🤔
Else, they might likely charge greenie(s) for placing\retrieving via the warehouse versus coins as for buildings which could be even more costly over time versus just upgrading\expanding the RH.

Thereby bypassing the RH and G$ missing out on greenies spent for upgrading\expanding of the RH? Um... 🤔
Else, they might likely charge greenie(s) for placing\retrieving via the warehouse versus coins as for buildings which could be even more costly over time versus just upgrading\expanding the RH.
not necessarily. it could be restricted to rh4 ou rh5 owners... or some other condition.
my main concern is managing weekly tasks and as it seems they're thinking about changes in alliances, the way weekly alliances tasks are defined now may change, and the need to such a structure may disappear

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I would gladly take this as an alternate option, and would invest in this instead of a reserve hangar.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
On second thought, I don’t think it would work well in the manner described.
It would completely change the purpose of the RH. It would no longer be there to store other expensive planes/S planes and manipulate alliance tasks. In most cases, players would then be looking to maximise passenger numbers and fuel efficiency.

I would like to see a method of increasing the number of planes we can fly concurrently though, it would be interesting if this was done without increasing the number of stands too. I think the RH serves an important function as is though.
But the RH doesnt manipulate alliance tasks...unless you know something I dont...tell me you know something....please 😅

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
But the RH doesnt manipulate alliance tasks...unless you know something I dont...tell me you know something....please 😅
What I mean by that, is often I will buy a lot of one plane type to manipulate task 3, but realistically most of the planes will never fly, just live in the RH.
Since I have 5 Condors, TBirds and Falcons, I’ll need 6 of a given plane for 3rd task...

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
What I mean by that, is often I will buy a lot of one plane type to manipulate task 3, but realistically most of the planes will never fly, just live in the RH.
Since I have 5 Condors, TBirds and Falcons, I’ll need 6 of a given plane for 3rd task...
And it shouldnt be that way. If theyre going to give us special alliance destinations for each airplane type, at least give us way to access them at will without having to buy aircraft we dont need. Im hopeful with the shakeup though.

Top Bottom