Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Upgrading runways

Make sure you buy the runways you want before v7. Just found out two things:
1. Runways must be upgraded, so to get runway 3 you have to have a runway 2 before it.
2. They are more expensive, runway level 3 now costs 15k coins.

Beta info
Friend code: 30zwa2kpo
Level: 13

Last edited:
1. Runways must be upgraded, so to get runway 3 you have to have a runway 2 before it.

Beta info
Do you have to buy land first before you buy the runway or is It just coins since it is in a new area?

Runways seem to be the only area in the Beta version where they are not dependent on having spare land when you upgrade. We know we are limited however to having only 2 of them.

From what I have experienced to date Land extensions are going to be required for 3 areas;

1) expanding City side area which is similar to existing.
2 ) expanding airside which includes the terminal, control tower, aircraft stands and parking lots - this is new.
3) expanding power/amenities area which include all the space related and helicopter buildings and everything else not associated with the terminal.

I don’t expect the price of land extensions will be any less than current - not rocket science.

I’m also not sure how Gi are going to automatically rearrange all our current airport configurations post the update. I anticipate we may all have to start again rearranging our layouts from a blank sheet with our various building in our warehouses. This is where I think those with more than 6 buildings of each may potentially lose them Not sure how that will be recompensed, if at all, when you may legitimately have 10 Planetariums, rock gardens etc.

Beta info

That's good info, I'm going to try but to run up my 50k to 1.5 mil for runway 7 will be a challenge!

Actually, I think the new middle area (terminal, CT, etc) is not upgradeable. The whole fenced area will stay like that, it can hold until when you have maxed runway 10, etc.

Land expansions will be available for the normal city area and the old airport area.
Yep, Ivan stated new airport side is not expandable.
What is current airport in 6.29 will become what he calls tech area, for factories, power etc. It will be the size it currently is just have stuff moved over to new section so you'll end up with unused space there when 7.0 launches. Don't upgrade there until after 7.0!!!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egys5j
Username
SarayAir
I'm just going to discuss things, not making any suggestions:
Since 7.0 is going to have more runway levels (up to 10?), maybe its not so wise to upgrade your current depending on your situation.
I, for example, have one runway lvl7 and one runway lvl6. Rushing to spending money on one more lvl7 (reason for it being cheaper in current version) means I wont have money for lvl 8, 9, 10 when next version comes out.

Balance of: cheaper runway in current version or holding on to coins for higher lvl runways in next version.
Your thoughts?

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I'm just going to discuss things, not making any suggestions:
Since 7.0 is going to have more runway levels (up to 10?), maybe its not so wise to upgrade your current depending on your situation.
I, for example, have one runway lvl7 and one runway lvl6. Rushing to spending money on one more lvl7 (reason for it being cheaper in current version) means I wont have money for lvl 8, 9, 10 when next version comes out.

Balance of: cheaper runway in current version or holding on to coins for higher lvl runways in next version.
Your thoughts?

There are 10 level of runway in version 7 because all planes have different runways.

So logically, the current lv.7 runway that fits condor will be converted to a lv.10 runway for 7.0. And the current lv.6 runway (that fits thunderbird and falcon) might be converted to a lv.8 runway.

That means, you need to upgrade to lv.9 and then lv.10 for 7.0.

Meanwhile, lv.3 runway in 7.0 is more expensive than the current lv.3 runway.

But that’s what I thought, I might be wrong.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egys5j
Username
SarayAir
Well...that is more logical. I hope its that way. My mistake if I created some confusion.
Then I guess its no-brainer, upgrade to the lvl7 if you can.

Anybody know the prices for runway 4/5?
I'm trying to save coins before arriving to the level.
Regards
Runway 4 is 20,000 coins, runway 5 is 100,000 coins (ouch!)

NM - I didn't notice you were posting in the AC7 discussion thread. I do know that level 4 runway is 30,000, and would guess 5 is in the neighborhood of 120,000 plus or minus a few thousand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9675

I'm definitely doing runway upgrades and other upgrades as well in the 6.3 version before 7 is released into the wild.
I have a feeling it just wont be runways that will cost more.

I have one neighbor who I guess bought some coinage as hes already got lvl 10 runways, plus a rather unique terminal

Top Bottom