Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Two separate games - linked somehow

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
I have two separate games, on two separate devices, and the space flight fuel reuse timers are synchronized between them. When they are both on the same space flight, if one account uses a small fuel tank then neither that account nor the other account can use a small fuel tank for 30 minutes. The same thing happens for any other fuel resource too. A third account on a third device in the same launch has no problem using any fuel resource concurrently.

I believe a bit of history may provide a clue as to how this happened. When I first started playing AC, I was using my new iPhone 8. I was curious to see what the game would look like on the larger screen of my old iPad and installed it there. I've played other games where the game account lives on a server and you can access that one account from any device. I didn't realize AC was not like that so when the old iPad prompted me to use my more mature account, I accepted. While the old iPad could play the game with a small starting city, it crashed repeatedly and often with the larger city. However, I couldn't figure out how to move the account back to my new iPhone and got support to help me with that. I don't know what they did to get my account moved back but maybe that is the source of the current issue.

Since the old iPad had started failing in other ways as well, eventually I got a new iPad. I created a new Airport City account on that new iPad to join and help out in the alliance I'd become a member of. On start up, both these accounts keep prompting me to switch to the other account now but I thought nothing of that. It took a bit of time but soon enough that new account got into the space race too. It took me a while longer to recognize that the fuel usage was linked between the two accounts. This is not a "show stopper" problem but I finally contacted support about it.

I've tried to explain the problem to support but they keep telling me there is no synchronization feature in the game. I said it was happening anyway and they denied that it was possible. I tried to explain the history and they tell me how I can switch my account between devices. They kept asking if they could close the ticket and I finally told them that if they only wanted to close tickets instead of fixing problems, then close it. They just kept sending me the same canned responses anyway.

Any suggestions?

Note: I have an old iPhone 5 that was replaced and retired. I created a third account on it to be part of a fuel ring but it has since left the ring. That account functions properly and has no connection to the problem with the other two accounts. All three are in the same alliance.

Possibly related: The baby account on the new iPad has been flagged for cheating twice now even though I don't cheat in any way.
You have them on seperate devices but you are using same account number. Not allowed. Thas why you get flagged for cheating. Every game must have its own account number. As you have 2 with same number, you get asked which game each time. Shouldnt happen. After gi transferred your original game, you should havs deleted old.

Seperate game, seperate device, seperate account.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
You have them on seperate devices but you are using same account number. Not allowed. Thas why you get flagged for cheating. Every game must have its own account number. As you have 2 with same number, you get asked which game each time. Shouldnt happen. After gi transferred your original game, you should havs deleted old.

Seperate game, seperate device, seperate account.
That's not it. I did delete the old and even got rid of that device. The new iPad had a new install and created a brand new city from scratch. It has a different friend code. Am I missing something there?

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
Wondering ... did the iOS save the "account number" from the old iPad in the cloud and put it on the new iPad? If so, how do I get rid of it? I suppose, as an experiment, I could drop the current city and uninstall the game to see if a re-install would be clean but I hesitate to lose the progress I have so far without knowing that is the right fix.

Last edited:
Wondering ... did the iOS save the "account number" from the old iPad in the cloud and put it on the new iPad? If so, how do I get rid of it? I suppose, as an experiment, I could drop the current city and uninstall the game to see if a re-install would be clean but I hesitate to lose the progress I have so far without knowing that is the right fix.
Cant help you as im android and windows. But if its askng to choose between 2 games, they share an acct number. Did you open a new acct on your new machine or did it automatically use the one associated with your emai address?

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
The email address! That's likely it. The install must have used the same email address and I didn't catch that. So the fix would be to uninstall the game and see if I could re-register the game under a different email address to start over. I'd have to create a new email account just for that.

Actually, maintaining the gifting on three accounts has become tedious anyway. Only my main account on the iPhone has any actual cash against it. Dropping one, or both, of my alternate games would give up the time spent so far but save on future time. Thanks Madge for reminding me about the email addresses.

The email address! That's likely it. The install must have used the same email address and I didn't catch that. So the fix would be to uninstall the game and see if I could re-register the game under a different email address to start over. I'd have to create a new email account just for that.

Actually, maintaining the gifting on three accounts has become tedious anyway. Only my main account on the iPhone has any actual cash against it. Dropping one, or both, of my alternate games would give up the time spent so far but save on future time. Thanks Madge for reminding me about the email addresses.
Dont uninstall. Just go into settings and link it to a new email address!

On android, I would say, create a different google play account because if the games are linked with the same account, they are considered as one game by the server, even if they have different codes, are played separately and have different levels. I got a similar problem with my son's account, that was linked to my google play account. By changing the google play account (linked to a different email address), the problem was solved. On IOS, don't know if the solution is similar.

I have two separate games, on two separate devices, and the space flight fuel reuse timers are synchronized between them. When they are both on the same space flight, if one account uses a small fuel tank then neither that account nor the other account can use a small fuel tank for 30 minutes. The same thing happens for any other fuel resource too. A third account on a third device in the same launch has no problem using any fuel resource concurrently.

I believe a bit of history may provide a clue as to how this happened. When I first started playing AC, I was using my new iPhone 8. I was curious to see what the game would look like on the larger screen of my old iPad and installed it there. I've played other games where the game account lives on a server and you can access that one account from any device. I didn't realize AC was not like that so when the old iPad prompted me to use my more mature account, I accepted. While the old iPad could play the game with a small starting city, it crashed repeatedly and often with the larger city. However, I couldn't figure out how to move the account back to my new iPhone and got support to help me with that. I don't know what they did to get my account moved back but maybe that is the source of the current issue.

Since the old iPad had started failing in other ways as well, eventually I got a new iPad. I created a new Airport City account on that new iPad to join and help out in the alliance I'd become a member of. On start up, both these accounts keep prompting me to switch to the other account now but I thought nothing of that. It took a bit of time but soon enough that new account got into the space race too. It took me a while longer to recognize that the fuel usage was linked between the two accounts. This is not a "show stopper" problem but I finally contacted support about it.

I've tried to explain the problem to support but they keep telling me there is no synchronization feature in the game. I said it was happening anyway and they denied that it was possible. I tried to explain the history and they tell me how I can switch my account between devices. They kept asking if they could close the ticket and I finally told them that if they only wanted to close tickets instead of fixing problems, then close it. They just kept sending me the same canned responses anyway.

Any suggestions?

Note: I have an old iPhone 5 that was replaced and retired. I created a third account on it to be part of a fuel ring but it has since left the ring. That account functions properly and has no connection to the problem with the other two accounts. All three are in the same alliance.

Top Bottom