Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

turn off option for free videos and long touch moving of buildings

sdust

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047kpaw1
Username
sdust
Hello!

I have been playing Airport City for a few months now, and during that time I have had a few issues that annoy me big time.

The Free Videos to speed up the timer on collecting passengers/coins from buildings, is at its core a nice idea, but I wish there were a toggle somewhere to turn it off or a confirmation before playing it, like there is when spending Greens.

It happens daily, when I go around collecting stuff from buildings that are close together, that I accidently presses the free video button, and i then have to suffer through an unskippable video that lasts 20 - 40 seconds. It really annoys me, because 9/10 times it happens its on the low end stuff like the Eateries or Cottages, which is a waste.

Part of the problem is that I'm playing on either a smart phone or a tablet and my fingers are too big for some of these buildings and to add to that I was born with one lazy eye and astigmatism on the other eye, so my depth perception is a little off

This also gives me some grievances with the moving of buildings, I know there is an edit button for the buildings, but it seems it is overridden if I press the screen a nano second too long when moving around the city. I often have to cancel out because my runway suddenly is moved to Timbuktu.

I hope that one day there will be a toggle option to turn off these "features" for people like me, that aren't designed by nature to use a touch screen.

sdust

The tapping error you talk about has been a long term grievance. It’s actually far better now than it used to be. Unfortunately, sometimes the best way to avoid the error is a) zoom in a bit to spread the icons out a bit or b) work on tapping in a pattern ie top to bottom left to right or diagonally? I can’t remember how I do it, but I found over time that but finding the right pattern, the clumsy fingers started to miss the annoying features.

sdust

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047kpaw1
Username
sdust
I suspected as much. It's not a new game and it would be weird if I was the only one ever to have such problems.

well... I can dream... Maybe one day someone will try and make something similar to a turn off toggle for certain features

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
...This also gives me some grievances with the moving of buildings, I know there is an edit button for the buildings, but it seems it is overridden if I press the screen a nano second too long when moving around the city. I often have to cancel out because my runway suddenly is moved to Timbuktu...

I second your idea on toggling off the "long press to move" function. As the city grew, my phone started to lag especially right after it loads up the game. So even a quick tap often becomes a long press. Furthermore my city isn't that big with only 2100 pop, but those above 4000 will face more of such problems? Anyway this would be a "good-to-have" feature, it'll just be a little more trouble to wait longer between taps or change to a better phone.

And thanks to your post now I learnt what Timbuktu really means :ROFLMAO:

The tapping error you talk about has been a long term grievance. It’s actually far better now than it used to be. Unfortunately, sometimes the best way to avoid the error is a) zoom in a bit to spread the icons out a bit or b) work on tapping in a pattern ie top to bottom left to right or diagonally? I can’t remember how I do it, but I found over time that but finding the right pattern, the clumsy fingers started to miss the annoying features.
Or switch the city onto layout mode. That makes them clearer to see and far more difficult to accidentally double tap.

LOL :D Happy to be of service. The Danish word is "Langbortistan" which directly translated to English means "Far-away-stan". We got it from a Danish translation of a fictional place, "Farawayistan" in a Donald Duck comic.
also for @exwhy ...

The National Poetry Contest had come down to two semifinalists: a Yale graduate and a redneck from Wyoming. They were given a word, then allowed two minutes to study the word and come up with a poem that contained the word. The word they were given was "Timbuktu".
First to recite his poem was the Yale graduate. He stepped to the microphone and said:
Slowly across the desert sand
Trekked a lonely caravan.
Men on camels, two by two
Destination---Timbuktu.
The crowd went crazy! No way could the redneck top that, they thought. The redneck calmly made his way to the microphone and recited:
Me and Tim a-huntin went,
Met three whores in a pop up tent.
They was three, and we was two,
So I bucked one, and Timbuktu.
The redneck won hands down!

Top Bottom