Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Tropical livery letdown

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
Gotta love when just over a year's worth of collecting pieces for the Tropical livery, and you get a #@(<ing Tropical Swift! Really? Outside of occasional event flights, why would I keep a swift and lock up Reserve Hangar space for an aircraft that can be "rented" for 450 coins when needed? Every livery or mystery aircraft I have opened in 14+ months of playing this game has been either a Swift or an Owl. In general, I like this game, but I'm becoming convinced GI is determined to make sure you get as little as possible for everything you pay or work for in this game. Between $#!+ like this and carpel tunnel of the tap finger, I'm starting to see why so many of the older neighbors I've had begin to go inactive and never return after getting into Levels 60s - 70s.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Gotta love when just over a year's worth of collecting pieces for the Tropical livery, and you get a #@(<ing Tropical Swift! Really? Outside of occasional event flights, why would I keep a swift and lock up Reserve Hangar space for an aircraft that can be "rented" for 450 coins when needed? Every livery or mystery aircraft I have opened in 14+ months of playing this game has been either a Swift or an Owl. In general, I like this game, but I'm becoming convinced GI is determined to make sure you get as little as possible for everything you pay or work for in this game. Between $#!+ like this and carpel tunnel of the tap finger, I'm starting to see why so many of the older neighbors I've had begin to go inactive and never return after getting into Levels 60s - 70s.
All based on the luck of the draw Im afraid. The tropical planes are definitely not easy to get, but while you pursue the planes, you can try a few different things to get you speedy liveries:
1) You can get event liveries to get the +10% speed bonus (the Long Awaited Mail event livery is one example)
2) Solely focus on the ranger livery in the current Age Of Ash event. They're hard to get as well, but you would be able to apply them to any aircraft, which I think is a huge perk.
3) This way is a bit harder and probably takes more time, but you can go after the S3 jets

Was my primary concern when chasing this plane\livery. I got lucky with a Raven but is the luck of the draw. I no longer actively pursue though due to this ridiculous drop distribution:

2021-07-27-11-57-17.jpg

Random me arse. 🤬

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
Seriously frustrating! Right? All that hard work for a plane you can't keep (unless you are chasing alliance stars). All in the fates of chance. Instead of a collection, it should be called lottery. Sorry for your loss.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
All based on the luck of the draw Im afraid. The tropical planes are definitely not easy to get, but while you pursue the planes, you can try a few different things to get you speedy liveries:
1) You can get event liveries to get the +10% speed bonus (the Long Awaited Mail event livery is one example)
2) Solely focus on the ranger livery in the current Age Of Ash event. They're hard to get as well, but you would be able to apply them to any aircraft, which I think is a huge perk.
3) This way is a bit harder and probably takes more time, but you can go after the S3 jets

Yeah, I have a few of the event liveries so far. The 10% speed up is not really a big deal. Just nice to have some new variety among the aircraft, and was looking forward to a little more color in the lineup. Just seems odd that a single event livery that is acquired basically the same way as a Tropical would be available to any aircraft, but the Tropical is limited to just whatever you get. I did get the Ranger, and I put it on a Falcon. Guess I'll have to go join another alliance for 30 minutes so I can just put an S2 that Giant I was hoping to see in Green/Yellow.

Top Bottom