Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Too many Possessed Pax

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
Lots of people discussing this in other threads. When you get to the last task, you do get an orderly set though
Thx Chloe, I got that a day or so ago. The Plat Chest is generous reward (on Premium) and in some ways should come on final completion of the event but won’t complain! I like the new format but it needs some tweaking - this event seems a bit lop-sided - too generous in some parts and imbalanced in others.

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
Yeah the only way to get out of it a little bit is to watch ads to get straightjackets. 7 per day. And then hope the burial vault drops enough to keep you going that day. Next day: repeat. It’s not really fun though..
Where do you find the ads for straight jackets. My only option is Speed up for 3 greenies?

dgibbs

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
dgibbs
This event is flawed. The only flight with possessed pax is to Dahshur for which you need a Straightjacket which you can only get from a Burial Vault. if your terminal is full you can’t access the vault and the only way you can use up possessed pax is to fly to Dahshur. Killer loop!
I agree with this - it would have made more sense if you start with zero possessed passengers, then you build burial vaults and fill up the possessed terminal while acquiring straitjackets... I have 6 burial vaults, 1300 possessed passengers (full) and zero straitjackets

upgrading the terminal should increase the number of possessed... After, you should be able to tap some additional vaults

Good idea, the goal is to max out your terminal anyway. Plan ahead to only get as many possessed as needed for the event and not fill it up. Or fill it up to have 100 straightjackets for next year and then use ads to slowly use of the pos pax if there is time.

This event is flawed. The only flight with possessed pax is to Dahshur for which you need a Straightjacket which you can only get from a Burial Vault. if your terminal is full you can’t access the vault and the only way you can use up possessed pax is to fly to Dahshur. Killer loop!

And making it worse is that the burial vaults don't always drop straight jackets so there's NO chance to clear those PAX. I had used up my ads to build another burial vault so I had to spend 15 greenies just to get 20 straight jackets to try to clear the possessed PAX. Upgrading the terminal is NOT an option because I don't have enough items to do that upgrade and it could take days considering my level. And the matryoshka Doll does NOT help.

Put 50-100 rocket parks in your city. Players who have done this do not have problems with the terminal.:ROFLMAO:

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
Whilst i agree that it could have been better designed I don't think it is the train smash some make it out to be (as long as can access ads). I didn't bother with support accounts tasks until decided to test it out late last night from the perspective of not having paid for premium.

One advantage I did see, from the way it is working, is that can actually start flights to Dashur before even have a burial vault by watching ads. In theory on my support account if I had spent the first three days of ads on straightjackets, whilst still collecting parts for burial vault, would have emptied your terminal and given me 30% of the task completed. Obviously that all depends on terminal size and will vary for everyone.

For others in progress 10 ads per day = 10 guaranteed jackets + 10 chances at a drop from burial vault (i'm guessing often = 50%). So 6 - 7 days and done, or less if complete the quests to get the chest of 20 jackets. Again not a great design but it is not impossible or honestly even that hard (unless you can't watch ads).

Kiwi Claire

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jg0m2oy
Username
Kiwi C: [item/s]
That's the annoying thing about random. For some 'often' = 50% - so far for me - am getting straitjacket 1 in 3 vault clicks.
Add to that:
- some days game only gives 5 ads of each type, not the usual 10
- 70+ flights to Giza and still not enough slabs for even one vault if relied solely on drops. Am getting the collection drops though. Already have that 3 times just from Giza. Have had to use some of the few ads I get for slabs.

Last edited:
I still think the design set things up in a poor way. Making things worse is that your alliance members or neighbors can't gift you stuff for the event. Unlike your test, I had paid for premium right at the get go and the straight-jacket issue was hitting me around the 20 level. You can make a reasonable argument that I had screwed up by focusing the crypts built initially but I was reacting based on what I saw from other events earlier this year (the mail challenge) . It was a sensible plan because the usual pattern is that you create a self-perpetuating setup.

The way I dealt with the glut was to buy the package containing 20 straight jackets. Then I would DELIBERATELY not collect the straight-jackets from from the vaults. It was just, make those flights to burn through enough of the excess PAX to where I could make crypt visits without exceeding the ax capacity. If you have four or five crypts, then you are almost guaranteed to get at least one straight jacket.

But in any case, my ONLY outstanding task for the event is to get 2 more "Ancient Rituals" sets. If I do something such as 277 more flights to Dahshur for a third expertise star, that's NICE but I'm not going to stress about it. If I also get a sixth Burial Vault, that's NICE but ultimately, it doesn't matter as much to me now.

Top Bottom