Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Thinking positive thread towards the 100 limit

We've all see the negativity towards this, and I was pretty vocal in my dissapointment about it in 2007 when announced.

However as we know it's coming for everyone and there is little we can do to stop it, I'm actually feeling quite positive towards it.

I'm a hoarder on the game. I don't like using something as I like to collect, like PEBS. With this limit in place, it's a good excuse to start using them. I also think it will make the game more challenging and thus interesting.

Anyone else like me feeling positive towards the change?

For me it will be boring because i have a limited support account and i try to play with it the i stop for me there is no any challenge about it.
The real challenge when you save a lot of items and then surprise you team in alliance and launches and spend a lot of these items this i call it a challenge and make everyone happy with the result ;)
Also when i need help i will find many players support me but after the 100 limit i dont think so that i will get help like before.

I'm certainly not looking forward to the limit. I have a large stockpile of items that I will need to use up in order to really feel the effect, so nothing will change for me for a while (except that stupid popup telling me I already have 100 of that item). Then I'll decide.

I was debating just not updating, and continuing to play as I am now, but I've always considered AC to be a community game. If I don't update, then the 100+ people who visit my airport daily won't be able to visit.

I'm certainly not looking forward to the limit. I have a large stockpile of items that I will need to use up in order to really feel the effect, so nothing will change for me for a while (except that stupid popup telling me I already have 100 of that item). Then I'll decide.

I was debating just not updating, and continuing to play as I am now, but I've always considered AC to be a community game. If I don't update, then the 100+ people who visit my airport daily won't be able to visit.
(except that stupid popup telling me I already have 100 of that item).
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

I currently play with the limit so I can't say what is like for you guys. It does cause issues, but I try to get round it by flying different flights to use my resource more efficiently. So I'm not draining all of one resource more quickly than I can restock.

Might not work for you guys as you will most likely completed most things so have to focus more on what's left or flying for specific items.

I'm not flying for weekly destination ranks so I guess that helps, though I did accidentally come 5th in one last week!

I think as I'm not on silver or gold sub too I don't have the fuel to really feel the limit. I going to wait until I have more high level planes before thinking about the sub. Though they might mean I burn though my items more quickly.

Hopefully the increased gifting limit will help keep stocks up.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
The limit will mostly be felt in the fuel, as the limitation of fuel basically causes you to never run into the 100-limit of any supporting flight items. For instance, sending out and instantly returning a jet costs about 75 fuel. So with 100 x 20 fuel barrels you can send out about 26 flights: Not nearly enough to burn through a carefully managed stock of flight items. Only when you burn some additional F50's, F150's or F300's you might go over the 100 flights in one go, but those are quite hard to come by and are therefore rarely go anywhere near the 100-limit before being used.... So you just have to think a bit more strategic about when and where to burn your fuel.

Like I said earlier: I'm hoping that with this 100-limit for everyone that it will become more apparent that some of the tasks are just not doable, and that consequently some of the things will be changed for the better: Mainly drop rates and alliance tasks. Perhaps even an additional building (or buildings) to help with the fuel shortage.

The limit will mostly be felt in the fuel, as the limitation of fuel basically causes you to never run into the 100-limit of any supporting flight items. For instance, sending out and instantly returning a jet costs about 75 fuel. So with 100 x 20 fuel barrels you can send out about 26 flights: Not nearly enough to burn through a carefully managed stock of flight items. Only when you burn some additional F50's, F150's or F300's you might go over the 100 flights in one go, but those are quite hard to come by and are therefore rarely go anywhere near the 100-limit before being used.... So you just have to think a bit more strategic about when and where to burn your fuel.

Like I said earlier: I'm hoping that with this 100-limit for everyone that it will become more apparent that some of the tasks are just not doable, and that consequently some of the things will be changed for the better: Mainly drop rates and alliance tasks. Perhaps even an additional building (or buildings) to help with the fuel shortage.

I would hope this too. I know there are are lots of other things that are not balanced (CBM, people with 6+ of certain buildings etc). But with making it so some people can, for example fly 100's of flights off one map (free2play used this example) then it might mean they can tweak the drop rates for the better without the risk of some players then finishing sets too quickly. Whether or not this will happen or not is another matter, but we can hope :):)

In some ways, once people have burnt through their stocks make the weekly top flights more competitive as it means there is a theoretical limit to the number of flights people can make to a given destination, it is currently effectively limitless.

Top Bottom