Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Thinking of giving up daily gifting

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
We can no longer stockpile above 100

I actually don't mind this.

But we now need to manage sending and receiving gifts more carefully.

But there is no effective tool for telling neighbours what you need or for knowing what your neighbours might need.

All we can do is make a change to our in game name using the few characters available. VR, EP etc

There is a high chance that gifts will be wasted.

So, I'm thinking of only sending gifts very occasionally. Its not a part of the game that I think is worth wasting a lot of time on.

I'd appreciate other views on this.
P

The issue is that inventory management will need much more hard work than before. And map run will also need more anticipated planning. So, one of the major issues of this dreadful limit is an increased amount of planning, which in turn somewhat kills the joy of playing. So, you risk not to be playing anymore, just doing a chore

The issue is that inventory management will need much more hard work than before. And map run will also need more anticipated planning. So, one of the major issues of this dreadful limit is an increased amount of planning, which in turn somewhat kills the joy of playing. So, you risk not to be playing anymore, just doing a chore
Or doing multiple destoinations at the same time to have enough resources. GD should be reduced to 3 hours. 6 is way way too long now.

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Map runs are challenging. I am on 100 limit from the start but I have managed to get 6x Aztec Pyramids and 3x Colosseum so far. 3 more Colosseums to go hopefully today or tomorrow, but I haven´t even started the alliance maps. I see the point from GI just because these maps I buy GD for 4 greens from time to time...

We can no longer stockpile above 100

I actually don't mind this.

But we now need to manage sending and receiving gifts more carefully.

But there is no effective tool for telling neighbours what you need or for knowing what your neighbours might need.

All we can do is make a change to our in game name using the few characters available. VR, EP etc

There is a high chance that gifts will be wasted.

So, I'm thinking of only sending gifts very occasionally. Its not a part of the game that I think is worth wasting a lot of time on.

I'd appreciate other views on this.
P

I'm not sure I understand this unless you want to spend less time gifting. Why not continue receive items you need to play the game?

Map runs are challenging. I am on 100 limit from the start but I have managed to get 6x Aztec Pyramids and 3x Colosseum so far. 3 more Colosseums to go hopefully today or tomorrow, but I haven´t even started the alliance maps. I see the point from GI just because these maps I buy GD for 4 greens from time to time...
Alliance maps are far more difficult, not only because drop rates are far far lower but the maps themselves are difficult to get. Adventure maps are simple! Just fly enough excavations...

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
I'm not sure I understand this unless you want to spend less time gifting. Why not continue receive items you need to play the game?
Only because its difficult for me to specify what I want and to determine what neighbours want in return, Its all a bit guesswork. High chance of a gift exceeding my or a neighbour's 100 limit. So its wasted. I'm not seeing the advantage in sending things in the hope that they are suitable. Not if they are just immediately lost.

P.

Only because its difficult for me to specify what I want and to determine what neighbours want in return, Its all a bit guesswork. High chance of a gift exceeding my or a neighbour's 100 limit. So its wasted. I'm not seeing the advantage in sending things in the hope that they are suitable. Not if they are just immediately lost.

P.
Look at people game name. If they dont put anything dont gift them!! Find people who DO put things in their name. Make sure YOUR name is correct so they know what to gift in return!! Its not difficult Pete. You just have to decide what you need to collect for your flights. Then change you game name frequently. Thats what we are all going to have to do.

Look at people game name. If they dont put anything dont gift them!! Find people who DO put things in their name. Make sure YOUR name is correct so they know what to gift in return!! Its not difficult Pete. You just have to decide what you need to collect for your flights. Then change you game name frequently. Thats what we are all going to have to do.

That's what I am thinking, it's not really rocket science....and it's helpful to your game.

hannoverfan

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20yowov2
Username
96fan
I completely agree.
And you have to hope you get the items you ask for and not the items your giver wants back...

I completely agree.
And you have to hope you get the items you ask for and not the items your giver wants back...
I'm seeing a fair amount of that! When our flight items, etc. were unlimited I really didn't mind, because I figured I'd be able to use those earplugs, or nav modules or whatever someday, but now, they are just discarded. If someone wants something special, put it in their game name or send me a PM to ask for it, don't send it to me hoping I will send it back. The ONLY item I can accept now is fuel. Thank goodness everybody can gift fuel now.

I'm seeing a fair amount of that! When our flight items, etc. were unlimited I really didn't mind, because I figured I'd be able to use those earplugs, or nav modules or whatever someday, but now, they are just discarded. If someone wants something special, put it in their game name or send me a PM to ask for it, don't send it to me hoping I will send it back. The ONLY item I can accept now is fuel. Thank goodness everybody can gift fuel now.

Um, yeah, I never send back what is sent.... I send back what they put in their description.

EDIT: In fact they are 2 separate actions for me. Take all, clear all to receive all gifts. Then use alliance/favorite/search of specific items in neighbor list to send items out.

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
EDIT: In fact they are 2 separate actions for me. Take all... to receive all gifts...

Yep, I'm the same - alliance first then I do 6 tiers:
  1. Anyone who sends me what I want, and specifies what they want (and I have it to gift) - No problem
  2. Anyone who sends me what I want, and specifies what they want (and I don't have it to gift) - Fuel Catalyst, primarily because everyone else is gifting F20s and it's good to do something else that's useful.
  3. Anyone who sends me what I want, and doesn't specify what they want - Fuel Catalyst, primarily because everyone else is gifting F20s and it's good to do something else that's useful.
  4. Anyone who doesn't send me what I want, but has requested something in particular and I've agreed to help out - No problem
  5. Anyone who doesn't send me what I want, but sends me F20 - F20 if I have spare gifts to send, nothing if I don't.
  6. Anyone who doesn't send me what I want, but sends me what they want, or some random stuff without agreeing it in advance - unlikely to get anything, unless I need to make up the numbers for a daily task.
Change my requirements and destinations often, it's the only way.

Top Bottom