Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Airship Store - To Spend Or Not To Spend Your Gold Coins And Green Notes During Long Term Game Play (v8.31.24)

I have written this user guide to provide you with information in relation to the airship store. The user guide will focus on the different types of resource items for sale, how much it will cost you to purchase them and if you really need to spend your gold coins and green notes on buying them.

The user guide is for those of you who have been playing your game for a period of time, and have yet to explore the airship store and all that it has to offer. The user guide will allow you to look ahead, at one aspect of your game, if you decide that this is for you. The user guide will also be for those of you who are further along with your game, have access to the airship store and would like to have a better understanding of the airship store, before you commit yourself to a purchase.

THE AIRSHIP
The airship will appear twice a week, on Monday's and Thursday's. You will need to have the Airship Dock building in place, available from game level nine, located on the airport side of your game, so the airship can automatically dock with the structure. Once docked, the airship will remain on your game screen for 24 hours, during which time, you will be able to purchase resource items. The clock counter will be on display, showing the amount of time left, before the airship disappears from the screen. The airship will have a wide variety of resource items for sale, but they will come at a price. The amount you will need to pay will depend on the resources in question, the more valuable the resource items are, the more it will cost you to purchase them.

THE AIRSHIP STORE MENU OPTIONS
To access the Airship Store Menu you will need to select the Light Brown Canvas Airship icon, which will be located on the left hand side of your game screen. On Monday 21st February 2022 the airship colour scheme changed, when Game Insight introduced the new colour scheme, a change from the Blue Red Canvas colour scheme which had been in place for many years). Once selected, the menu will appear on your game screen, there will be five themed icons located ion the left hand side of the menu, Adventure, Resources, Bonuses, Space, Consumables.

ADVENTURE BUTTON.png
RESOURCS BUTTON.png
BONUSES BUTTON.png
SPACE BUTTON.png
CONSUMABLES BUTTON.png

FIRST MENU ICON - ADVENTURE
There will be a selection of resource items for sale. The amount you will need to pay will depend on your choice, Excavation Map (there are 16 single maps), this will cost you 2,000 gold coins to purchase one single map, Excavation Map Set (there are 16 chest sets), this will cost you 5 green notes to purchase a set containing 20 items required for flights and Map Set (there are 16 chest sets), this will cost you 12 green notes to purchase a set containing 3 random maps.
The excavation map sets can also be purchased through the game store. To access the menu, you will need to select the second icon along the bottom of your screen (silver shopping trolley). Once selected, you will then need to select the eighth icon (the resources icon) along the top row of the menu. The 16 map sets will be located towards the bottom of the menu, you will need to scroll down to see them, they will each cost 5 green notes.​

You will find more detailed information in the following user guide, The Excavation Maps And Adventure Maps And The Plane Types Required To Undertake Flight Destinations, www.airportcitygame.com/threads/the-adventure-maps-and-the-plane-types-required-to-undertake-flights-destinations-v7-13-28.21310/
Above the row of nine themed icons, you will find on display the total number of Gold Coins, Green Notes, Gold Tokens and Silver Tokens you have amassed during your game. By selecting them, you will be taken to the bank where you will find three themed icons, Tokens, Coins and Airport Cash. Each of these options will have six items for sale, prices and quantity will vary considerably.​
You will also be able to obtain a bonus, which will be on sale at a reduced price, and sometimes you will be able to obtain free gift items e.g. Gold Coins, Fuel Catalyst, Passengers, Fuel and Bonuses. On very rare occasions you will be able to collect one free green note. My reason for mentioning this here, is to provide you with a more complete picture, as to the purchase options which will be available to you.​
SECOND MENU ICON - RESOURCES
There will be a selection of resource items for sale, Fuel (150 units) 10 green notes (at a discount), Tourists (100) 8 green notes and Passengers (300) 6 green notes. You will also be able to obtain passengers and fuel during game play e.g. from residential and tourist buildings, fuel station, passenger and fuel drops from multiple guest planes, passenger and fuel gifts from your neighbours and fuel from space program flights.
THIRD MENU ICON - BONUSES
There will be a selection of game bonus items for sale, Inconvertible Coin (active for 3 hours) 8 green notes, Mystery Bonus 8,000 gold coins (receive one random bonus from nine bonuses), Mystery Bonus (at a discount) 5 green notes, Golden Toad (instantly available) 8 green notes, Alarm Clock (instantly available) 8 green notes, Family Tickets (active for 3 hours) 8 green notes and Vintage Weathervane (active for 6 hours) 8 green notes. You will also be able to obtain these bonus items during long term game play e.g. completing flight collections etc.​
By selecting a bonus item for sale, a brief description will appear on the right hand side of the menu, which will give you brief information e.g. the function of the bonus and its working parameters. It will be important you make the most of your bonus, during its activation period, some of these will only be active for a few hours.
FOURTH MENU ICON - SPACE
There will be a selection of space resource items for sale, which you will need to use to power your green, blue and red space flight vehicles, Main Stabilizer (at a discount) 2 green notes, Powerful Explosive Bolt (at a discount) 6 green notes and Quantum Leap (at a discount and active for one day) 350 green notes. These sale items are the most important, of all the resources, which go to make-up the fuel range for space flights. You will also be able to obtain these items during game play.
You will find more detailed information with regards to the space program in the following user guide, The Airport City Space Program - How To Undertake Apogee, Prometheus and Lunar Space Mission Launch Flights, www.airportcitygame.com/threads/the-airport-city-space-program-how-to-undertake-apogee-prometheus-and-lunar-mission-launch-flights-v7-18-18.20076/
FIFTH MENU ICON - CONSUMABLES
There will be a selection of resource items for sale, Mystery Building One 10 green notes, Mystery Building Two (at a discount) 10 green notes, Mystery Super Building One (at a discount) 65 green notes, Mystery Super Building Two (at a discount) 65 green notes, Mystery Super Building Three (at a discount) 65 green notes, Mystery Super Building Four (at a discount) 65 green notes (you will receive one random building from each of these chests) and Duty Free Set 1,000 gold coins. These types of buildings can also be obtained through the daily mission, which will not require you to spend any gold coins and green notes.
You will find more information in the following user guide, How To Obtain Mystery Buildings, Mystery Super Buildings, Mystic Super Buildings And Christmas Super Buildings, www.airportcitygame.com/threads/how-to-obtain-the-mystery-building-chests-and-how-to-obtain-the-mystery-super-building-chests-v7-15-45.24899/

AIRPORT CITY USER GUIDES
There are many user guides located in the Airport City Guides section, of the members forum, which will give you more detailed information pertaining to the space program, building chests and adventure maps. You should make sure to avail yourself of these user guides, they are there to help you with your game.

Last Updated: Monday 5th February 2024 at 14.05pm London UK Time

Last edited:

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Thanks Captain for these regular guides - I have yet to find one you have prepared that is not useful. I remember spending good money (well between £10 and £20) on the user guides for games. And you prepare the same type of information - for free :)

The advice on what to spend your (real) money on has to be down to the individual.

I see many people on this forum encouraging people to spend little or nothing on their game. That is great if you have the time to invest (but less disposable income). But time for many of us is expensive. The most interesting items in Duke Crookers store do not come free. 8 green cash for Vintage Weathervane is expensive (relatively to other game aspects) but the ability to speed up flights by 35% for 6 hours makes such a bonus good value if you do not have the time to use fuel catalysts regularly. And I have used Duke Crooker to buy Mystery Super Buildings for 65 green cash in the hope that a Planetarium drops :eek: And judging by the number of my neighbours with 6 planetariums - many others buy through the Duke too.

It is very important to consider what you can afford, and spend no more than that. But sometimes, buying green cash (but only through two weekly sale please) is a very good way of enhancing your enjoyment of this game. And Duke Crooker's store does have some very useful items, (y)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Thanks Captain for these regular guides - I have yet to find one you have prepared that is not useful. I remember spending good money (well between £10 and £20) on the user guides for games. And you prepare the same type of information - for free :)

The advice on what to spend your (real) money on has to be down to the individual.

I see many people on this forum encouraging people to spend little or nothing on their game. That is great if you have the time to invest (but less disposable income). But time for many of us is expensive. The most interesting items in Duke Crookers store do not come free. 8 green cash for Vintage Weathervane is expensive (relatively to other game aspects) but the ability to speed up flights by 35% for 6 hours makes such a bonus good value if you do not have the time to use fuel catalysts regularly. And I have used Duke Crooker to buy Mystery Super Buildings for 65 green cash in the hope that a Planetarium drops :eek: And judging by the number of my neighbours with 6 planetariums - many others buy through the Duke too.

It is very important to consider what you can afford, and spend no more than that. But sometimes, buying green cash (but only through two weekly sale please) is a very good way of enhancing your enjoyment of this game. And Duke Crooker's store does have some very useful items, (y)

Many thanks for your post and for taking the time to express your thoughts. My apologies for not responding sooner, your post set me off on a train of thought, which made me revisit the user guide. I really do appreciate hearing from forum members, it is important to know what members think, I find it invaluable.

The decision to spend or not to spend should be made from a well informed position, which is one of the reasons why I wrote the user guide. I would hate for a new player to purchase a resource sale item, only to discover later on, they could have obtained it for free, given time and patience. As long as they have all the information to hand, through reading this user guide, they can then decide for themselves what is the right thing to do for their game.

Many thanks once again.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
More than four months has now passed since I last looked through this user guide, the last time was in mid August 2019, following the Airport City v7 game release. I have today re-written a number of the paragraphs and have undertaken a general tidy-up of the format.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
As a noobie to the game, I greatly appreciate your detailed posts and helpful tips.

Many thanks for your post - you are very much welcome.

I will key in your neighbour code shortly so we can become neighbours, once connected, I can then have a look at your game site and see how I can help you with your game, In the meantime, you will need to set up your signature page, so forum members know what gift items you need and what gift items you are able to gift to your neighbours.

There is a user guide which will help you set up your signatire page, the link is below

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Last edited:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Since the airship and the store menu are currently available, on this bright and sunny Monday morning, I thought it would be a good idea to update the user guide. I have re-written a number of the paragraphs and have added more detail across the entire user guide.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

My suggestions which I can't take credit for as I read it in a previous post on this forum:

Purchase the Mystery Bonus and Duty Free Set every time the airship comes. I used to purchase 10 of every excavation map for the level I was on and the 2 above them. It's costly but you then have enough to send any time you have extra resources. You will also get all the excavation buildings earlier on and benefits from their daily drops finishing collections and getting fuel and other important items. I don't spend money on the game so I don't spend on anything else in the store. I'm sure others will have recommendations on what to buy, at what price, and during whatever sales....

Best regards!

IMG_0477.PNG
IMG_0478.PNG

In my opinion duty free isn’t worthwhile. Most of the time you’ll spend more money than you make - basic math.

This would require more study for me. I blindly follow a forum email and have always purchased this never working directly on anything duty free as I've heard it's a waste. However, most of my duty free items are now at the 100 limit due to my regular purchasing. What benefit, or penalty, I've received is unknown honestly.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
My suggestions which I can't take credit for as I read it in a previous post on this forum:

Purchase the Mystery Bonus and Duty Free Set every time the airship comes. I used to purchase 10 of every excavation map for the level I was on and the 2 above them. It's costly but you then have enough to send any time you have extra resources. You will also get all the excavation buildings earlier on and benefits from their daily drops finishing collections and getting fuel and other important items. I don't spend money on the game so I don't spend on anything else in the store. I'm sure others will have recommendations on what to buy, at what price, and during whatever sales....

Best regards!

View attachment 30810View attachment 30811

Thank you very much for your post and for expressing your thoughts. It is always greatly appreciated when forum members do so. I have only ever purchased the Mystery Bonus from the airpship, and I have managed to collect many bonuses in this manner. I have had really good results collecting multiple Sky Captain, Vintage Weathervane and Business Class bonuses etc - 8,000 coins is such a small amount to pay. As for the Duty Free - have never bothered with it. My thanks once again.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom