Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Chat to other players, complete space missions together, trade items, form alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Adventure Maps and The Plane Types Required To Undertake Flights Destinations (v7.7.4)

PLMerry

150+ Star Club
Device
Android, Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need]
You should probably mention that you can use your video ads to get up to 10 excavation maps per day free rather than paying 2,000 coins each for them :)
I'm confused.

The Adventure Maps and The Plane Types Required To Undertake Flight Destinations

Airship Store Menu - Purchasing Adventure Maps
The adventure maps are unique to the game of Airport City because you will only be able to purchase them through the airship store, you will have three options to choose from:

Purchase Options
Single Excavation Map - will cost you 2,000 coins to purchase one single map​
Excavation Map Set - will cost you 5 green notes to purchase a set, it will contain 20 items required for flights​
Map Set - will cost you 12 green notes to purchase a set, it will contain 3 random maps​
Please Note - you will also have the option to watch small video advertisements, you can collect up to 10 single excavation maps per day for free, instead of paying 2,000 coins for each for the maps. Once you have viewed the small videos, a 'congratulations' message will appear each time, on your game screen, you will then need to click on the 'ok' button to collect the maps.​

Last Updated: Sunday 20th October 2019 at 12.05pm London UK Time
Or I'm lost. Is this option to watch short video ads only available on certain platforms? I play on Windows10 and would love to figure out how to get 10 free excavation maps a day.

Am I missing something?

I'm confused.

Or I'm lost. Is this option to watch short video ads only available on certain platforms? I play on Windows10 and would love to figure out how to get 10 free excavation maps a day.

Am I missing something?
Videos can speed up flights but as far as I am aware there is no way of getting maps free by watching videos.

I agree it’s confusing. He’s saying you can get maps by not buying them at Dukes?

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Device
Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
@Madge59230 and @PLMerry

Thank you very much to the both of you. I have looked at this and have also spoken with a reliable good neighbour, and have updated the user guide. It now reads:

Purchase Options
Single Excavation Map - will cost you 2,000 coins to purchase one single map. A maximum of 5 maps per destination can be purchased on each visit from the airship store.​
Excavation Map Set - will cost you 5 green notes to purchase a set, it will contain 20 items required for flights​
Map Set - will cost you 12 green notes to purchase a set, it will contain 3 random maps​
Please Note - on Windows platform there is no option to purchase maps with videos for free (I don't know about Android and IOS platforms).​

My apologies to the both of you, I took at face value the information I was originally given, without first double checking the information was correct, before I posted.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Last edited:
Device
Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
I would say that @BrentCrude has a point, though it may not have been clear. It is possible to obtain excavation maps one at a time using daily ad videos on the excavations flight menu, provided that the player has videos available and zero maps at the point in time.

(Screenshot taken from Android phone)

Excavation map.jpg

Last edited:
I would say that @BrentCrude has a point, though it may not have been clear. It is possible to obtain excavation maps one at a time using daily ad videos on the excavations flight menu, provided that the player has videos available and zero maps at the point in time.

(Screenshot taken from Android phone)

View attachment 23349
I confirm that we can use video ads to get EXCAVATION MAPS when you don’t have any. My game is iOS.
View attachment 23351
and you can really do it 10 times? Have you tried more than once? Sometimes you can do that with flight items but only once.
stand corrected if that is the case. Not that I ever do that. When you have to do 100 or 500 it’s not a very economic use of maps!

VdW9

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz
Username
VdW
and you can really do it 10 times? Have you tried more than once? Sometimes you can do that with flight items but only once.
stand corrected if that is the case. Not that I ever do that. When you have to do 100 or 500 it’s not a very economic use of maps!
To try it, I need to use all my maps first. Maybe later with my support acct. Anyways, getting 500 flights excavation maps at once is impossible now with the limit in place.

Device
Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
Yes, I have managed to obtain 10 maps using ad videos in a day for 2 to 3 days in a row. Back then my fleet was 12 turboprops and I got to fly 10 of them on Excavations: Mesoamerica overnight. Certainly not the most economic use but it's free.

PLMerry

150+ Star Club
Device
Android, Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need]
Ah, I see. Thanks all for the clarification. I have never tried to fly a map that I did not have. logically I can see now how to, at least limitedly, fly to locations that I do not have maps for. Thanks.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Device
Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
@PLMerry - @exwhy - @VdW9 - @Madge59230

I have been reading with great interest all your posts. My thanks for making things much clearer and the attachments are of great help, I shall re-write the section. It is a constant struggle to try and keep all the user guides upto date. That is why these types of posts, between forum members, are so invaluable. My thanks once again.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

To try it, I need to use all my maps first. Maybe later with my support acct. Anyways, getting 500 flights excavation maps at once is impossible now with the limit in place.
Yes it is. I have been doing falcon and you just have to run multiple destinations at once. Then refill constantly from duke. Yes it takes longer, but not complicated. I run a dice constantly with weathervane and no fuel speed up for a weekend. The chests drop.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Device
Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I have this morning updated the user guide, re-written a number of paragraphs, re-written a number of sections, double checked all the planes, all the plane types and all the flight destinations. Some time had passed since I last looked at this user guide.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom