Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Space Launch Etiquette

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
0361zt1ob
Username
LAX2CDG
Hi all,

I think I may have committed a fauxpas.

I noticed someone had a main account and support account, and they were the only two people on the green launch pad, and had contributed 1470 points, with one QL active between the two accounts.

I joined the launch and added 130 fuel, we then launched. Beforehand, I checked the forum and chat to see if this was a private launch, etc. nothing anywhere.

Now that I think about it: should I have contributed less, in case someone were to join with a second QL? There was still plenty of time left before launching, probably 23.5 hours or so.

Stated differently: should I not be the one triggering the launch if there’s only 1QL, I am not captain and am contributing relatively small # of fuel?

sorry about that Kenny 1952 and Kenny 1953!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Hi all,

I noticed someone had a main account and support account, and they were the only two people on the green launch pad, and had contributed 1470 points, with one QL active between the two accounts.

I joined the launch and added 130 fuel, we then launched. Beforehand, I checked the forum and chat to see if this was a private launch, etc. nothing anywhere.

Now that I think about it: should I have contributed less, in case someone were to join with a second QL? There was still plenty of time left before launching, probably 23.5 hours or so.

Stated differently: should I not be the one triggering the launch if there’s only 1QL, I am not captain and am contributing relatively small # of fuel?

The fact that you have expressed your concerns on the members forum, speaks extremely well of you. I'm assuming Kenny has not contacted you with regards to this matter. If it were a problem for Kenny, I'm sure you would have heard from him by now, with regards to this., via a private message. Since a QL bonus was being used, it would have been one launch flight among many launch flights, since the QL bonus is active for 24 hours, once activated.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I’m not sure who Kenny is and what Kenny wants from the launch. Everyone has their own “rules” for launching.

If it were me who activated the QL and launching with my support, I’d have put in “wait 2QL” in my game name if I was waiting for another QL to join.

If not, anyone can launch as long as they don’t hijack my 1st position.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
0361zt1ob
Username
LAX2CDG
Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate the input! I am assuming it wasn't an issue, as I never heard from the individual. :cool:

Hi all,

Sometimes, I wonder myself given what I had done this morning and I'm going to try to play it back for everyone.

I had been looking for a green launch with a QL. I found one but it only had 50 points. If there was NOT a QL, I would've passed. But I decided to do it because I needed to get a launch in before the contest ended and I only had one launch prep for green. I had originally intended to take 2nd, 3rd, or anything. I had entered my points overtaking the QL holder's 50 and I waited for someone to overtake me. A third person came in but they only a few points. I waited a little longer and ask if I could take first but I did not get a reply in time. I had waited about about a half and hour and it was becoming clear that nobody else was going to add points. I did a calculation and realized I could seize first place and launch it. I seized first place but decided to wait aa little longer for someone else to come in as I figured that someone else would jump in on a sure thing and my hunch was correct.

I would've waited a little longer but given the nature of the event and the amount of time, I wanted it to take off quickly and others entered the rest of the points. I did eventually hear back hours later and the the QL holder had intended it to be a free for all.

Launches can sometimes be funny and the event itself will do some strange things to people particularly as you have no immediate way to communicate with other launch participants.

I joined a Green launch, the owner had a QL on an open launch. it was quite late on in the countdown so I imagine that it had been private for awhile then opened up. I was resource rich but QL lite. Didn’t Want to leap frog him into first place so stayed a respectful 4 or 5 points below him. This went on for a couple of hours and eventually a third person joined and added 6 point. With time ticking down I was beginning to ponder whether to complete the launch, wondering if the other player was struggling, but still we moved painfully slowly up, me just behind him and no 3 contributing nothing. With 8 points to go the owner bumped me out of the launch! I’ve never had that before. I lost all of the resources I had contributed, I’m not sure if they stay with the launch or a lost there too ? Removed the guy as a neighbour. It’d be much better if launch participants and Alliance members could DM each other in game

I joined a Green launch, the owner had a QL on an open launch. it was quite late on in the countdown so I imagine that it had been private for awhile then opened up. I was resource rich but QL lite. Didn’t Want to leap frog him into first place so stayed a respectful 4 or 5 points below him. This went on for a couple of hours and eventually a third person joined and added 6 point. With time ticking down I was beginning to ponder whether to complete the launch, wondering if the other player was struggling, but still we moved painfully slowly up, me just behind him and no 3 contributing nothing. With 8 points to go the owner bumped me out of the launch! I’ve never had that before. I lost all of the resources I had contributed, I’m not sure if they stay with the launch or a lost there too ? Removed the guy as a neighbour. It’d be much better if launch participants and Alliance members could DM each other in game
an alliance without a direct communication channel isn’t worthwhile. Why ingame? It can be WhatsApp, discord, messenger, whatever works for the group. If yours hasn’t, find one that does ...
same goes with launches. Join launches from people you can talk with, eg launches in this forum chat, or in the official discord channel. Most of your launching problems will vanish 😉

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r1jac7z
Username
Pilot 1
I do not know, but AFTER you have started a launch and are on pad, but have NOT launched it yet, can you add a QL and have it count on that particular launch? Or is it like the planes where you must have your "bonus" or whatever you are using activated before you send your flight, so you get that bonus? If it can not be activated and have it count on a launch, then in theory any and all QL's running on either of his accounts would have been activated and shown. Only someone/other account being "added" to the launch could "add" more QL's and would make more QL's visible and known. Yes?

I do not know, but AFTER you have started a launch and are on pad, but have NOT launched it yet, can you add a QL and have it count on that particular launch? Or is it like the planes where you must have your "bonus" or whatever you are using activated before you send your flight, so you get that bonus? If it can not be activated and have it count on a launch, then in theory any and all QL's running on either of his accounts would have been activated and shown. Only someone/other account being "added" to the launch could "add" more QL's and would make more QL's visible and known. Yes?
you can activate a QL before or during. It calculates on the time left. Your fellow launchers could also activate during a launch or during a flight. Same thing applies. Calculated on time left. Does NOT have to be activated before.

Hi all,

I do launches with all my supports many times, if you jumped on i would have no issues at all. If I wanted no one to join I would make it private, if I wanted extra QL to join I would put it in my game name.

Don’t worry about it, send an invite to my main game - game ID is - Ddave1 and you can jump on as many launches as you want when I have them going.

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015

That was not a very happy experience, I would certainly lose that person as a neighbour after that. If they did not want anyone else to join they should have made it private.

I got kicked out of a launch recently, but I thought I got back all the resources I put in , and was back on the launch pad again..
( however I am not 100% sure how much I put in to know if it was all given back .. ) Has anyone else had that ?

That was not a very happy experience, I would certainly lose that person as a neighbour after that. If they did not want anyone else to join they should have made it private.

I got kicked out of a launch recently, but I thought I got back all the resources I put in , and was back on the launch pad again..
( however I am not 100% sure how much I put in to know if it was all given back .. ) Has anyone else had that ?
You stay in the same launch colour, but you lose your resources. Guess you hadnt added a fortune or you’d have noticed?

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
0361zt1ob
Username
LAX2CDG
I do launches with all my supports many times, if you jumped on i would have no issues at all. If I wanted no one to join I would make it private, if I wanted extra QL to join I would put it in my game name.

Don’t worry about it, send an invite to my main game - game ID is - Ddave1 and you can jump on as many launches as you want when I have them going.
Thanks, request sent. Good point about leaving it private, I forgot about that option.

Probably. My advice is if you feel you have to seize first place in a launch, you might want to consider actually putting in enough points to actually launch. I don't always follow that advice but it depends on the circumstance. The reason is that even if the other boots you as a neighbor, you still get 1st place. You never know someone you can't communicate will react. I'm not trying to advocate always seizing control, but by the same token, if you've given the person a very fair chance, then you do what you must. This is not recommended if you can communicate with the owner.

Had I actually been called to account the actions I did in that launch I described, my defense would've been, "I tried to give as a fair a chance as I could for you to put in enough points to get first place."

Top Bottom