Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

So frustrating for newer player

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04qom1h1j
Username
JAXonline
This game is ridiculously frustrating for newer players. I know I need to upgrade runways, but its annoying they keep asking me for the next higher runway, when I just upgraded it from last level. I finally was able to buy a 4th stand and then a week later, buy a Hawk plane. Flew it ONCE & already need it repaired!! Really?!?! Now I have to upgrade my repair building and of course cannot afford it. Plus need more land, which I can't buy. Now I get 4000 deals to where the dev wants me to spend money. Their greed seems a lot more than other games. Another ridiculous thing is that I buy a building, wait a day for it to be built & I I cannot do anything with it because I don't have what is needed to open it. If I pay for something & takes days to get it, then it site on my doorstep until I run around and get random items before I can even open it, is ridiculous too! I am a very patient person, but all the items needed, I have no control over how I get them.
I really feel like uninstalling it because of all these issues. Not to mention, the amount of unobtainable items in the to-do list. If I don't have my tablet on the game every minute of every day, just to get items, you get nowhere! Screentime has drastically gone up due to trying to get coins.

What am I missing guys? Please help!

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
This game is ridiculously frustrating for newer players. I know I need to upgrade runways, but its annoying they keep asking me for the next higher runway, when I just upgraded it from last level. I finally was able to buy a 4th stand and then a week later, buy a Hawk plane. Flew it ONCE & already need it repaired!! Really?!?! Now I have to upgrade my repair building and of course cannot afford it. Plus need more land, which I can't buy. Now I get 4000 deals to where the dev wants me to spend money. Their greed seems a lot more than other games. Another ridiculous thing is that I buy a building, wait a day for it to be built & I I cannot do anything with it because I don't have what is needed to open it. If I pay for something & takes days to get it, then it site on my doorstep until I run around and get random items before I can even open it, is ridiculous too! I am a very patient person, but all the items needed, I have no control over how I get them.
I really feel like uninstalling it because of all these issues. Not to mention, the amount of unobtainable items in the to-do list. If I don't have my tablet on the game every minute of every day, just to get items, you get nowhere! Screentime has drastically gone up due to trying to get coins.

This is a game for the long haul ... no instant gratification here. There are players in this forum who are playing the same game since 2012. Some tasks won't be achieved for months and some ... maybe years.

I played for 2012 to 2016 then quit for a while. I started a new game Feb 2020 (about 9 months ago) and there are still significant building upgrades I need to do.

You haven't missed anything. This is not a style of play that everybody is into. But you don't have to achieve everything in a day.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ppzxupi
Username
Jabus7

I think the best help that I can offer you within the parameters of this thread is that many have managed before you, it is very doable. It is challenging, yes and as Chloe said requires patience and let me add grit. Get some neighbours, they will gift you some of the things that you need. You can add neighbours in game in the neighbours section. You can also ask for neighbours here which is better on the longer term. Even on this post, paste your neighbour code. What you need is lower level neighbours to get started as they will have the stuff you need, they need you like you need them so don’t mind asking. Use the tail end of your game name to let people know what you need and always gift what is in theirs (if they have something) alternatively, everybody needs more fuel. There is so much more but you have a start here.

Do not follow the missions in your notebook.

If it says for you to buy Hawk plane and you’re not ready yet, leave it be.

The missions will tell you to do more and more and more and make you spend spend spend and getting frustrated.
Best advice ever!

Very true it is frustrating and overwhelming for new players, also not only the runways need upgrading but also town halls, terminals, control tower, baggage hall, duty free shop, repair base, weather station and also add helicopter buildings in the mix. And the more you upgrade the ridiculously higher the cost gets - the other day I spent 16 million coins on upgrading town hall, terminal and control tower...

Everytime and I mean every time before you upgrade or by a building check if it needs additional items then gather those items and good thing you came to this forum ask to be neighbours with folks here; for trading, theres are numerous threads already established for to ask for items from members (let me assure you that you will get what you ask for 100% of the time). some of the higher buildings require up to 20 of each of the 4 items required to bring the building online (spoiler).

Again no need to rant (or maybe there is) about the waiting time because the waiting a.k.a. building time is listed on the info prior to buying the building so you know what you are getting into. Some of the higher buildings take up to 10 days (spoiler).

As for side missions (brown notebook): well I've been playing for more than 3 years now and I still have 5 or so still to do and by the end of this even I'll have 1 less. And as @VdW stated best you ignore them and trust me they will be completed automatically... or not depending on the task. There's a task that requires 999 visits of 3 different buildings (spoiler).

As for spending money: my position is well known here. 0% spend and trust me G! will throw everything including the kitchen sink at you to try to get you to buy, my advice - feel no pressure.
What am I missing guys?
FUN, SARCASM, PESSIMISM, FUN, FUN, FUN, MAKE BELIEVE, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN

Now for my 2 cents:

1. Take the time to figure out what you need to prioritise
  2. Make a plan
  3. Set the timeline
  4. Be patient and do what you have to do (NOT WHAT THE GAME WANTS YOU TO DO)
  5. If for some reason there is/are thing(s) that you don't understand feel free to ask the members here, and trust me this forum is full of bright minds (you can also drop me a pm and I'll try to my level best to help you).
  6. If there are building items that you are in need of, ASK before you even buy or upgrade that building. You are also permitted to read through our hard prepared and neatly outlined signatures (so that you can send or tag that person to start a quid pro pro or whatever arrangement that you agree on)
  7. Remember that this is just a game, it's our little escape of reality, this is where we dream and make that dream a "reality" so the #1 requirement is always remember to have fun
  8. I'm sure I forgot something that I'll remember while attending a funeral...

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Very true it is frustrating and overwhelming for new players, also not only the runways need upgrading but also town halls, terminals, control tower, baggage hall, duty free shop, repair base, weather station and also add helicopter buildings in the mix. And the more you upgrade the ridiculously higher the cost gets - the other day I spent 16 million coins on upgrading town hall, terminal and control tower...
@JAXonline yes the prices (not real money) get this high. But as your game grows, so does your earning potential. Just yesterday through normal activity, I earned over a million coins (well normal with an event going on).

You can play for free. It's completely possible and you can get lots of enjoyment from the game playing for free - I did it for years. I completely ignore the sale icons most of the time. But set your expectations correctly. If you play for free, don't expect to be competitive with people who are spending hundreds a month on the game.

Besides all that, people who play this game too hard to get somewhere too fast generally burn out. Because you CAN spend all day and all night in this game. And you CAN spend 1000s of dollars a year. The players I know that have been around the longest (seriously since the beginning of this forum in 2012) are the ones who play in a less frantic and urgent way and jump in the game a few times a day at most.

If you choose to continue playing (we hope you do) set longer term goals for yourself.

R

Requested Deletion 060121

For playing this game you need patience and also some real money for coins and cash

R

Requested Deletion 060121

It might be frustrating but also its a challenge for the players. No challenge , no fun

Top Bottom