Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iPadOS Reserve Hangar Update issue

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
I upgraded my reserve hangar from Level 2 to 3 yesterday expecting to get an increase in slots from 12 to 18 as per the description. Having saved 300 gold and 5000 silver tokens (months of play) - there are no extra slots - still 12!

I have raised a ticket with G! and awaiting a response.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

The screenshot shows the 12 slots and the option to buy another slot for 80 greenies!!! After spending 300/5000 as above - I don’t think so!
3B8DF74F-DCEB-41D5-B3F5-3FA7749EABFA.jpeg

Keith
3B8DF74F-DCEB-41D5-B3F5-3FA7749EABFA.jpeg

In my believe you only get 1 extra slot for free via the upgrade. The maximum is indeed 18 slots, but slot 14 to 18 should be bought via greenies unfortunately. There is a Construction time of 2 days for this upgrade. Since you started it yesterday, it's probably still building, that's why you don't see the extra slot yet. You can see this if you click 'upgrade'. again.

Maybe this page helps:

Last edited:
I upgraded my reserve hangar from Level 2 to 3 yesterday expecting to get an increase in slots from 12 to 18 as per the description. Having saved 300 gold and 5000 silver tokens (months of play) - there are no extra slots - still 12!

I have raised a ticket with G! and awaiting a response.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

The screenshot shows the 12 slots and the option to buy another slot for 80 greenies!!! After spending 300/5000 as above - I don’t think so!View attachment 57470

KeithView attachment 57470
All that's said above is true. You get 1 free slot per upgrade level. The others you pay for. You have a new maximum but you cant see the next slot till you pay for for the last.
Had you opened all the slots before you upgraded? If you had 1 slot left to pay for you will have received the free one, but then have 6 to pay for.
There is no fault that I can see. As @Husam said - you should have wiki checked first. It shows what is free and what is to pay for.

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
All that's said above is true. You get 1 free slot per upgrade level. The others you pay for. You have a new maximum but you cant see the next slot till you pay for for the last.
Had you opened all the slots before you upgraded? If you had 1 slot left to pay for you will have received the free one, but then have 6 to pay for.
There is no fault that I can see. As @Husam said - you should have wiki checked first. It shows what is free and what is to pay for.
Thanks for your reply.

Are you seriously telling me that in addition to having to use 300 G and 5000 S, you still have to pay 80 greenies for each of the slots? If so that is outrageous.........

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Whats complcated?
Nothing is complicated. Just that there is no clarity at the point of upgrading what the subsequent requirement is. Caveat emptor, for sure - but its not open or transparent in quite the way one might expect when real money is expected to be used. "Fool me once....." blah blah blah. We live and learn.
P

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
In my believe you only get 1 extra slot for free via the upgrade. The maximum is indeed 18 slots, but slot 14 to 18 should be bought via greenies unfortunately. There is a Construction time of 2 days for this upgrade. Since you started it yesterday, it's probably still building, that's why you don't see the extra slot yet. You can see this if you click 'upgrade'. again.

Maybe this page helps:

Thx - if I click upgrade again all I see is next upgrade to level 4

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
Thanks for your reply.

Are you seriously telling me that in addition to having to use 300 G and 5000 S, you still have to pay 80 greenies for each of the slots? If so that is outrageous.........
Thx to everyone who has replied.

Wiki is very helpful and I should have used it but I thought (stupidly) that if it says upgrade to get 6 extra slots then I would expect to get that for the cost of 300G/5000S - which in itself is extremely expensive. To load extra costs per slot after that is just money grabbing.

Seriously pissed off player now.

Thx to everyone who has replied.

Wiki is very helpful and I should have used it but I thought (stupidly) that if it says upgrade to get 6 extra slots then I would expect to get that for the cost of 300G/5000S - which in itself is extremely expensive. To load extra costs per slot after that is just money grabbing.

Seriously pissed off player now.
No. 6 slots, 1 free pay for the rest...... but imo it is worth it as it makes a huge difference to your fleet management. But yes expensive.

Wait till the next level!!!!!!

Pilot Keith R

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ofhzv7b
Username
Pilot Keith R
No. 6 slots, 1 free pay for the rest...... but imo it is worth it as it makes a huge difference to your fleet management. But yes expensive.

Madge, I agree it would make a great difference to fleet management which is why I scrimped and saved the gold and silver tokens. What is totally wrong is the wording on the upgrade label which says:

"The building increases the number of slots for storage of planes"

Nowhere does it say or intimate that in addition to paying for the upgrade (300G/5000S tokens), each slot (bar one free one) costs you loads of greenies. The additional items for the upgrade are clearly shown - why not show the cost of each slot after you have upgraded.

The game shouldnt rely on a Forum Wiki to warn players of such underhand money grabbing practice.

Madge, I agree it would make a great difference to fleet management which is why I scrimped and saved the gold and silver tokens. What is totally wrong is the wording on the upgrade label which says:

Nowhere does it say or intimate that in addition to paying for the upgrade (300G/5000S tokens), each slot (bar one free one) costs you loads of greenies. The additional items for the upgrade are clearly shown - why not show the cost of each slot after you have upgraded.

The game shouldnt rely on a Forum Wiki to warn players of such underhand money grabbing practice.
I agree 100% but in fairness its the same procedure for reserve hangar level 1 as it is for level 5. So by the time youve got to level 4 you shold know how it works. But yes its expensive and not clear. Thank goodness for th:)e Wiki heh!!

Well, if you keep playing, one day you will pay 500 gold + 9,000 silver to have access to slots 25-30 and you will need to pay 120 greenies per slot to open it. Enjoy the game :cool:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

I'm trying to remember...it's better to buy the slots early on while at the lower levels before it gets expensive, then rely on the upgrades to get later slots when the prices are too steep, correct? 🤔

I'm trying to remember...it's better to buy the slots early on while at the lower levels before it gets expensive, then rely on the upgrades to get later slots when the prices are too steep, correct? ; Prices in wiki🤔
Doesnt make any difference. the payment of slots is fixed in advance. As Pit says the last 5 are 120. Prices are in wiki. If you upgraded all te way to level 5 and never bought a slot you would still only have 5 slots open. All the slots after thn follow the Wiki pricing 5G, 5G, 20G etc etc.

Top Bottom