Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

RE James Webb Space Telescope

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Up late, up early. Not sure really as I didn't sleep very well last night.
Decided to watch the live feed of the James Webb Space Telescope.
Yet I don't feel as excited as I once was feeling half a century ago. Sure it's great achievement for science, but how does it benefit humanity?
Is it going to house the homeless, feed the starving? Is it going to stop this damn virus that has brought humanity to its knees?
Considering the costs of all these scientific endeavors, that money could have been spent better taking care of humanity around the planet.
But hey that's just my opinion and I'm no one who matters what I think.

Anyone else have thoughts or opinions?

Up late, up early. Not sure really as I didn't sleep very well last night.
Decided to watch the live feed of the James Webb Space Telescope.
Yet I don't feel as excited as I once was feeling half a century ago. Sure it's great achievement for science, but how does it benefit humanity?
Is it going to house the homeless, feed the starving? Is it going to stop this damn virus that has brought humanity to its knees?
Considering the costs of all these scientific endeavors, that money could have been spent better taking care of humanity around the planet.
But hey that's just my opinion and I'm no one who matters what I think.

Anyone else have thoughts or opinions?

I understand your comments and agree with them. However those of us in our senior years are not as irrelevant as you suggest. We have years of experience to go with our aches and pains.

There have been many spin-off benefits from the space programs, most notably the invention of teflon which has made washing up a pleasure rather than a chore !!

Merry Christmas

Harcourt

There have been many spin-off benefits from the space programs, most notably the invention of teflon which has made washing up a pleasure rather than a chore !!
Well, aside from the Teflon flu! :sick:

And actually, Teflon was invented in 1938 and first widely used by the U.S. Military in WWII, long before NASA began let alone started using it for heatshields.

Top Bottom