Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Purple Launch Could be SpaceX to Mars

AA sunset F20

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
037ta1bks and UFO11 AA Sunset at 037t7d5a8
Username
AA Sunset F20 & UFO11 AA Sunset
Start a new launch with purple launch pad. Could be SpaceX mission to Mars. 4000 or 5000 fuel points. Reward 30,000 coins for Captain, 15,000 experience for Captain. Might need to add one more high fuel number item.

New reward for collections could be Mars items such as Mars buildings or surface features.

AA Sunset

Start a new launch with purple launch pad. Could be SpaceX mission to Mars. 4000 or 5000 fuel points. Reward 30,000 coins for Captain, 15,000 experience for Captain. Might need to add one more high fuel number item.

New reward for collections could be Mars items such as Mars buildings or surface features.

AA Sunset
I don't like the color Purple because that color is already used by the "Alliance Destination Maps" and the space maps you get from the Blue Launches.

For a Mars Mission, I would suggest a darkish orange such as "Rust" color. I would suggest two destinations and I know some is a repeat. The destinations would places where you could get stuff for launch prep for the mission, Perseverance rove. I can think of two realist places for this:

Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, USA - Spaceport America - https://www.spaceportamerica.com/visit/ - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceport_America . Required Plane - Giant - requires - flight catering, blanket. Possible rewords: Perseverance rover , items from "Geothermal Energy" collection. 5 Collections would lead to a "Hot Spring". This would be a 1x1 no-road building that would give a 10% commercial bonus with radius of 2.

Mojave, California, USA - Mojave Air and Space Port -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_Air_and_Space_Port . Required Plane - Falcon - requires - lollipop, ear plug: Possible rewords: Perseverance rover , items from "Aircraft Demolition" collection. 5 collections would get you a building, "Aircraft Boneyard" (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_boneyard for what I am talking about). The building would provide a bonus of +50 PAX cap. I just had a thought, what if this "Boneyard" could be placed in the Industrial area or the City area. The "building" could provide one aircraft repair part for any aircraft in the game every 24 hours.

Last edited:
Also, they could use a SpaceX rocket for this mission. *That* would be a nice addition.
I agree there. I think the idea can be fleshed out quite a bit. I also made the suggestions I did along with collection proposals so that "Space Destinations" can offer more than just things for Space and I also wanted to inject some reality into the game as well as some contexts for today's culture that many people around the World might not realize. I did some research on Wikipedia and some space exploration is now being done by private companies such as Virgin Galactic.

There is some nice stuff at NASA:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The mission to mars has been a request for many years, so I think that will be coming at some point.
However, I wouldn't want it to be a "bigger red" mission, as that would get boring pretty quick. What they should do is add a twist to it. Make it a 2 day mission with an opportunity to "boost" the rocket after a day. Maybe put in 4000 to get it off the pad, but after 24 hours, open up a 1 hour window for the participants to "boost" the rocket by adding an additional 1000 pts. Whoever contributes the most gets a multiplier to their normal rewards (x4, ×3, x2 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd highest contributors). If they successfully boost the rocket, the rocket will return in 6 hours instead of an additional 24 hours.
Also, the rewards need to reflect the changing times. For instance, gold tokens don't carry as much weight as they used to (except for reserve hangar and CBM replenishers for those who have it). Greenies should now be rewarded to launchers, as well as fuel and silver tokens as usual. That would certainly bring a new dimension to launching.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
If you are talking about the images on the NASA website, I'm not sure if Copyright is an issue at all if it was done by the government. Besides, there are exceptions to Copyright rules. It can get very complicated in practice.

Incidentily, when talking about copyright, be sure not to confuse it with the concept of patents.
We aren't confused by the two ;)

SpaceX is the name of the company. It is covered under "copyright", not patent.

OUR NAME AND LOGO​

In order to avoid any risk of confusion, we ask that the SpaceX and Starlink name, logo or other trademarks (like Falcon, Merlin, and Dragon) not be used to endorse any product, entity or idea without our express written permission, unless otherwise allowed under current trademark law, (e.g., the fair use doctrine). If you have any questions concerning the usage of SpaceX trademarks, please submit your request to media@spacex.com.

The mission to mars has been a request for many years, so I think that will be coming at some point.
However, I wouldn't want it to be a "bigger red" mission, as that would get boring pretty quick. What they should do is add a twist to it. Make it a 2 day mission with an opportunity to "boost" the rocket after a day. Maybe put in 4000 to get it off the pad, but after 24 hours, open up a 1 hour window for the participants to "boost" the rocket by adding an additional 1000 pts. Whoever contributes the most gets a multiplier to their normal rewards (x4, ×3, x2 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd highest contributors). If they successfully boost the rocket, the rocket will return in 6 hours instead of an additional 24 hours.
Also, the rewards need to reflect the changing times. For instance, gold tokens don't carry as much weight as they used to (except for reserve hangar and CBM replenishers for those who have it). Greenies should now be rewarded to launchers, as well as fuel and silver tokens as usual. That would certainly bring a new dimension to launching.
Just a question, how would this stuff work with someone using a QL bonus?

Also, would the fuel items have the same points like in the other missions? Or would they have a different value?

I like your idea. It' just trying to flesh out some of the mechanics including details. I think I might have gotten some of them wrong.

D4DBFC42-3467-4770-B60D-EAF53B0D0555.gif

WRT copyright however, since they are getting government contracts to build these rockets, would that really apply? I agree they can tweak it a bit, but if you can use the space shuttle, you should be able to use a Falcon Heavy at the least.
Is it really a NASA Space Shuttle? Or is it a Buran ?

Next someone will suggest that the Falcon is a Concorde or a Condor is an SR-71 Blackbird!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Just a question, how would this stuff work with someone using a QL bonus?

Also, would the fuel items have the same points like in the other missions? Or would they have a different value?

I like your idea. It' just trying to flesh out some of the mechanics including details. I think I might have gotten some of them wrong.
Interesting question about the QL, as I gave it some thought too. The reduction would be the same as with other flights (whatever those values work themselves out to be). The tricky part is with the booster window. A couple different ways to do this:
1) Allow a QL reduction down to 5 mins and no less for the boost period. If people want to bypass the boost for the sake of time, there would be a skip option. The skip option could be used by the host of the launch during regular launches too, but it would be a full 24 hours before return. In the case of the QL, the second leg would be reduced as well
2) Apply the booster multipliers to the top 3 positions automatically, but only if the total return time is less than 5 mins.
3) No boosters for QL launches. That would be a way to leverage the idea of doing a bunch of QL launches and getting a bunch of multipliers. If you want the multiplier, dont use a QL.

As for item cost, the items would be the exact same. I honestly don't have a problem with the items, except for the cooldown period between use. I don't think any item should have a cooldown period longer than 10 mins

@AA sunset F20 , without trying to burst your balloon (because we’d all like to go to Mars), the likelihood of this coming to fruition is pretty low 😞. It’s been raised over and over for years with little or no acknowledgement from the creators after they aborted the idea a long time ago. I just did a search for “Mars” and there are 10 pages of just links to individual posts on the subject.

@AA sunset F20 , without trying to burst your balloon (because we’d all like to go to Mars), the likelihood of this coming to fruition is pretty low 😞. It’s been raised over and over for years with little or no acknowledgement from the creators after they aborted the idea a long time ago. I just did a search for “Mars” and there are 10 pages of just links to individual posts on the subject.
That may very well be. But I am more optimistic because we did something were asking for suggestions for a new mission. And the developers may have to do some things to RETAIN or keep the interest of some high-end players that have already hit just about every ceiling in the game because they tend to mentor lower level players and provide resources for them. Then you also have some things in real life such as Mars probes, private space exploration companies, and more space technologies in development.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
That may very well be. But I am more optimistic because we did something were asking for suggestions for a new mission. And the developers may have to do some things to RETAIN or keep the interest of some high-end players that have already hit just about every ceiling in the game because they tend to mentor lower level players and provide resources for them. Then you also have some things in real life such as Mars probes, private space exploration companies, and more space technologies in development.
One thing Ive learned is that high level players are not high priority to GI

Top Bottom