Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Not really AC problem, but windows10 error 0x80004005

Any expert on windows 10 around here? I tried to update AC from the AppStore, as I always do, but this time I wasn’t able to finish the installation.and my supports are pretty much all on win10…

I noticed I have more apps failing to update due to the very same reason.

I keep getting a stupid error on 90% of the update apps, apps are downloaded but fail to install. I tried a number of soft solutions (check windows updates, clean disk, and so on, even the infamous troubleshooter) and nothing worked. Saw a couple vids on YT on that, but the fix they suggest is just too much for my confidence as it involves stopping a series of services, rename a dir and start all those services again. But I don’t like trying fixes I don’t understand, so I haven’t.
Error is a generic 0x80004005
any help would be very appreciated, as no updates, not enough chainsaws for me and my regular trading neighbors…

Still the same. Tried to reset windows store and got an error. It seems I won’t be able to update on my windows supports…
Maybe i can help you but this need some steps to do its happen with me but took sometimes to fix it.
First step you can open windows store but you said ( apps are downloaded but fail to install) do not try to install all apps just find the update for windows store and do the update.
If an update for Microsoft Store is available, it will start installing automatically.
  1. Select Start.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Select Apps and Features.
  5. Select the App you want to Repair.
  6. Select Advanced Options.
  7. Select Repair.
  8. Once the repair is complete, try to run the application.
If you still cannot update windows store app then you have to do other steps i will help you with that too.
Try this:
Option 1
Press Windows key + X
Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)
At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

- Open the store, click on the elipses (3 dots) in the upper right corner
- Click on "settings"
- Scroll down and under account, click on "Manage your devices" (this will open the browser)
- Remove un-used devices from this list that shows up if you have 10 in there already.

Option 2:
Delete all files in

C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Restart your computer

Try installing again.

Thanks @Husam
it’s worse than that
used the power shell above but got an
“error -2018574325 windows cannot process a deployment operation because the package repository dtabase encountered an unrecoverable error. Use the Reset Your PC feature to recover your PC”

and some additional info Im not able to display here ☹️

Top Bottom