Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

More Intelligent RNG

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
A more intelligent RNG would go a long way to change gameplay for the better. The idea of this improved RNG is to add on some additional weight to certain options if they start to go out of balance, to ensure that a collection doesn't get too lopsided. This would have the following effects:
1) Item Drops - Instead of being a true RNG and potentially lopsiding a collection, the intelligent RNG would give a little more weight to the lower count items in a collection, to improve its odds of creating a drop.
2) Map Drops - With a large pool of maps to select from, with the standard RNG, it is very easy for the map collection to get lopsided, making the very last map the most difficult to collect. The modified RNG would give more weight to maps that are uncollected, to improve the odds of getting that drop as it lags the others.
3) Alliance Tasking - With the intelligent RNG, more weight would be applied to tasks with the least number of flights completed, with more focus on the regular flights before switching focus to the 1000 flight destinations
4) Madlen's Random Items - More weight would be given for items that are in low supply in the warehouse, or it could be for items most frequently used over the past 24 hours. For example, if you did a map run for condors, your vr and sleeping pills will be frequently used, so madlen would give you one of those two items as her random daily gift.
5) Mystery Buildings, Liveries, and Collection Items - the Intelligent RNG would check the warehouse to see how many buildings, liveries, and items are available, and apply weights accordingly to any item that is low, improving their odds slightly in being obtained.

As you can see, an intelligent RNG would truly revolutionize the game. The more certain items go into deficit, the more weight is applied to improve its odds of selection. It would help to prevent collections from getting lopsided, and help provide items that are most in need.

AvsFan

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03z5n7i9i
Username
AvsFan
What is your most lopsided collection? I agree that your idea of an intelligent RNG is a good one. Then I looked at my collections and realized they were not as lopsided as what I thought. For me, my most lopsided is my house of doubts one. Do people have collections with 4 of 5 all at/over 100 items?

Some unique collections don’t necessarily apply because I could fly 4 of 5 destinations and get the item to make it look much more lopsided than it would truly be than if I had flown all 5 destinations.

7B91941B-3DBE-4305-B297-22F3941BF732.jpeg

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
What is your most lopsided collection? I agree that your idea of an intelligent RNG is a good one. Then I looked at my collections and realized they were not as lopsided as what I thought. For me, my most lopsided is my house of doubts one. Do people have collections with 4 of 5 all at/over 100 items?

Some unique collections don’t necessarily apply because I could fly 4 of 5 destinations and get the item to make it look much more lopsided than it would truly be than if I had flown all 5 destinations.

View attachment 61559
There are plenty of my collections that are lopsided, such as the screenshot below
Airport City_2022-01-10-15-58-15.jpg

However, item drops aren't really the focus with this, as with each collection, there are only 5 options (even though they would certainly benefit). On the other hand, it would be very beneficial with the alliance maps as well as the mystery building items, since they have more than just 5 options. When you earn an alliance map, you have a 1/50 chance to get the map you're looking for. In the beginning, you probably won't care which map you get, but when you are waiting for a particular map, it could take forever to get it. I've been waiting an entire year for just one map.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Now if we wish to discuss drops from Madeline, I think I've gotten more out of sync with current event items than anything within the last year. Everything from fireworks for the Chinese New Year, to baggage tags, chainsaws............
and the list goes on.

I do agree w the author's idea regarding RNG though. Getting quite bored of seeing items that drop from special buildings that complete collections I've already maxxed out

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
As Ivan pointed out a few years ago, just looking at the current number of each item is not necessarily a good indicator of distribution imbalance as you need to take into account the collections already collected. If one has taken 1000 collections, a variance of 60ish is reasonable.

I actually like it to be random as opposed to weighted, I think anything other leads to thinking it’s all a fix.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
As Ivan pointed out a few years ago, just looking at the current number of each item is not necessarily a good indicator of distribution imbalance as you need to take into account the collections already collected. If one has taken 1000 collections, a variance of 60ish is reasonable.

I actually like it to be random as opposed to weighted, I think anything other leads to thinking it’s all a fix.
I'm actually at peace with the collections being completely random...I really included it because it's a possible application. I think it becomes more handy for larger collections, such as maps and mystery buildings. Waiting an entire year for one map is a bit long if you ask me. Technically, I've been waiting 4 years to get it.
SN: I personally think that some of the "coveted buildings" in the mystery building collections are limited and not truly random, but I would need to tally all the buildings I have in the collection and see if other people have similar patterns...an effort that really won't change anything anyway.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I'm actually at peace with the collections being completely random...I really included it because it's a possible application. I think it becomes more handy for larger collections, such as maps and mystery buildings. Waiting an entire year for one map is a bit long if you ask me. Technically, I've been waiting 4 years to get it.
SN: I personally think that some of the "coveted buildings" in the mystery building collections are limited and not truly random, but I would need to tally all the buildings I have in the collection and see if other people have similar patterns...an effort that really won't change anything anyway.
I was thinking the same as Training Centres seemed so rare on my main from MSB1, but actually over time, across my 3 games, I had 2, 4, and 6 of them, suggesting a bit more randomness than I initially thought. Also to get my first 5 planetariums, I was statistically lucky on how many MSB2s I had to buy to get them. Less than I expected for sure.

I agree with you on the maps though. The purple maps should be more accessible to all and easier to get, especially since the 100 limit means you typically need 5 for each destination for the planes that need flight items.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I was thinking the same as Training Centres seemed so rare on my main from MSB1, but actually over time, across my 3 games, I had 2, 4, and 6 of them, suggesting a bit more randomness than I initially thought. Also to get my first 5 planetariums, I was statistically lucky on how many MSB2s I had to buy to get them. Less than I expected for sure.

I agree with you on the maps though. The purple maps should be more accessible to all and easier to get, especially since the 100 limit means you typically need 5 for each destination for the planes that need flight items.
I agree. If I manage to find time, it may be something I'll look into. Maybe checking MSB1, MSB2, and another one with some highly desired buildings according to our standards.

Top Bottom