Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Manually speeding up flight in Time to Rock event

Saiaku

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2012WHKDX
Username
Pilot Sai
if you have a flight with the rock logo (event flight) when the speed up bottom blinks orange. the steering wheel becomes available.. if you press that you will be launched into the mini game

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
23fqdiuwq
Username
stoney
Sai, thanks again for your help earlier. Unfortunately, I have tried everything I can think of to get the plane steering to work, even restored game resources, but still not working. I can't do any more tasks until I get it working. I am waiting on a reply from Tech dept for help.

I tried to speed up a flight using extra fuel. It did not work, and nothing showed up in the rewards counter.
Even worse, the Show Me button does not work, so AC are not telling us just what "Manually speed up" means.
For this event "manual speedup" of flight means flying the plane in the mini-game, NOT using fuel. Use the yoke button (next to fuel) on the flight detail screen when see flashing orange on flight status overlay.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Maverick68 Thank you very much for your helpful response. This minigame is not as bad as (say) the Santa minigames. That is of course my personal opinion. I generally complete the events, but not this one, I think. Thanks again (Game Name: rik)
Having a very difficult time with this game. Pull back to go up and the plane goes down. Push down and the plane goes up. Backwards of normal. I am old so reflects are slow. Probably going to have to give up unless someone has some tips for old folks..

Having a very difficult time with this game. Pull back to go up and the plane goes down. Push down and the plane goes up. Backwards of normal. I am old so reflects are slow. Probably going to have to give up unless someone has some tips for old folks..
Sounds like your controls are inverted. Try the arrows (if have) or use the mouse and click & hold on the yoke to steer.

red_z06

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20481UGAF
Username
red_z06
I am using the mouse. IMO the yoke is backwards. After several attempts, I have yet to come even close to speeding up.
Generally there are two mode for directional control of an aircraft in games. Flight sim mode is where you pull back on stick ( mouse back) to go up. Game mode is where pull and push are reversed but also generally accepted. This happens to be in game mode. So forget the yoke think of it as a directional control. From the heading of the plane, don't think in terms of yoke but intended direction. So if you want the plane to go to upper right, then you move the mouse to upper (push) and right.

I don't even use the WS for speed control. Mid speed seems to be enough to get through all the way points without difficulty.

vulfgar

500+ Star Club
Angie
Generally there are two mode for directional control of an aircraft in games. Flight sim mode is where you pull back on stick ( mouse back) to go up. Game mode is where pull and push are reversed but also generally accepted. This happens to be in game mode. So forget the yoke think of it as a directional control. From the heading of the plane, don't think in terms of yoke but intended direction. So if you want the plane to go to upper right, then you move the mouse to upper (push) and right.

I don't even use the WS for speed control. Mid speed seems to be enough to get through all the way points without difficulty.
Even though your right it's almost hopeless to unthink the stick movement, it's instinctive. At least if your used to pilot real airplanes.
I do not understand why many games use reversed controls, it is only confusing. 😢

Top Bottom