Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Leveling up strategically (timing your level ups)

experience.png

I apologize in advance - this requires math. There are lots of ways to play this game. If you're the type to track things with spreadsheets and plan for everything, this strategy may be for you.

As you achieve new levels, you get rewarded with greenies, coins, passengers and some other stuff. More importantly, your fuel meter is restored - even if it was completely empty.

But do you want to level up? Well of course you do because it unlocks new challenges. But this is more about when you want to level up. You can use leveling up as a way to get lots of fuel fast. This is a great trick when you start collecting maps because most maps are only active for a few hours so you want to get in as many flights in at that time as possible.

Let's say you're at level 49.
  • Moving to level 50, your fuel meter refills with 100 units. But you need 101K experience points (well actually 101K minus your current experience points)
  • For level 51, fuel restores to 101 units and requires 107K experience.
  • For level 52, fuel restores to 102 units and requires 113K experience.
So that's 303 fuel units with those 3 level ups. But that's not all. If you are running the bottomless barrel bonus, that amount will be doubled to 606 fuel units. Well 606 if you make sure to empty your fuel meter before leveling up.

The next question is then "how do I get all those experience points at once?".

1604680752506.png
The best way to control when you level up is to save collections - meaning don't collect them when they are complete. When you're landing jumbo planes and larger, the experience from the collections is 1000. Even for Chess Club which you start gathering when landing hawks, you get 600 experience points. These collections gather quite quickly if you land lots of guest planes - especially when using the spyglass bonus. And if you start the Pilot's Manual bonus before opening these collections, it doubles your experience points (so 2000 exp and 1200 exp in the examples I used). There are also collections for red launch preps that have 1000 exp points. Save those too.

So the scenario above requires 321 000 experience points at most - which is actually 160,500 exp in collections - then doubled with the Pilot Manual. Sounds like a lot, I know. But the hardest part is resisting the urge to collect the completed collections.

I use a spreadsheet to manage this.

Here are the steps once you have all the required collections to get through the levels you want:
  1. Start your Bottomless Barrel bonus before you will start your map and don't play for a while so your fuel fills completely. (before sleep may not be practical because your bonus will expire before you want to level up)
  2. Activate a map when your fuel is full.
  3. Activate the Pilot's Manual bonus
  4. Fly your planes and start opening collections to get within a few thousand in exp points until you reach the next level.
  5. Wait until your fuel is completely empty - either by speeding up a plane or sending a new flight.
  6. Open a few collections to hit the next level. Your fuel meter will be full again.
  7. Repeat step 4 though 6 until you have opened all your collections.
This scenario is even better if you have increased your fuel capacity with the following buildings
  • Small oil refinery level 1 - cost 50 000 coins - increases max fuel supply by 15 units
  • Small oil refinery level 2 - cost 200 000 coins - increases max fuel supply by another 20 units (35 total)
  • Small oil refinery level 3 - cost 2 000 000 coins - increases max fuel supply by another 30 units (65 total)
  • Powerful oil refinery level 1 - cost 10 greenies - increases max fuel supply by 25 units
  • Powerful oil refinery level 2 - cost 100 greenies - increases max fuel supply by another 30 units (55 total)
  • Powerful oil refinery level 3 - cost 1000 greenies - increases max fuel supply by another 40 units (95 total)
Let's say you have the small oil refinery level 2 (+35 units) and the Powerful oil refinery level 1 (+25 units). In the scenario above, you would get 160, 161 and 162 fuel units - and double that with the Bottomless Barrel bonus for 320, 321 and 322 units - so 963 total fuel from this process. Well - over 1000 units because you will produce 60 units in the hour it will take you to do this.

Last edited:

Olekander

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fqz1wa2
Username
olekander
interesting read chloe! If that works for you I commend you! I must admit that I simply wouldn;;t enjoy the game all thatmuch if I were to mathmatecially calculate everything but some people see that as part of the fun. I try to play things by ear. After 500 (not all thatmuch) hours in the game I tend to just sense things now

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Not everybody does and I understand that. But some people (like me) love that aspect of the game - the calculating and the figuring. I can think of at least a few spreadheads in this forum.

I've also been asked by about 1/2 dozen people how I leveled up so fast. It wasn't really about the leveling up as much as it was about taking advantage of the fuel from leveling up. Never let a good thing go to waste ;)

Not everybody does and I understand that. But some people (like me) love that aspect of the game - the calculating and the figuring. I can think of at least a few spreadheads in this forum.

I've also been asked by about 1/2 dozen people how I leveled up so fast. It wasn't really about the leveling up as much as it was about taking advantage of the fuel from leveling up. Never let a good thing go to waste ;)
But you have also said elsewhere that you returned to the game from playing before. So did you really go level 1 to 80 in 6 months? Or from 45 to 80?

FlyingViking

800+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
037610mz4
Username
Flying Viking
I am one of @Chloe11111 ‘s spreadheads.. my main focus has been alliance flights and the number of flights for your tasks ties into this as well. I’ll leave the maths out but being strategic can save you fuel the following week. Fuel requirements goes up every 5 levels so when you get to 41,46,51 etc. specially at higher levels you can save a lot of fuel by waiting to level up until after the weekly reset if you’re close to one of these levels.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
But you have also said elsewhere that you returned to the game from playing before. So did you really go level 1 to 80 in 6 months? Or from 45 to 80?
This is a new game that I started from level 1 on Feb 1. My old game is locked up on my old, early generation ipad.

Pandemic isolation and other factors gave me lots if time to play. And it's not about rushing to level 80. It's about taking advantage of the free fuel as a strategy to fly to map destinations.

This is a new game that I started from level 1 on Feb 1. My old game is locked up on my old, early generation ipad.

Pandemic isolation and other factors gave me lots if time to play. And it's not about rushing to level 80. It's about taking advantage of the free fuel as a strategy to fly to map destinations.
But you miss out on so much on the way! Each level gives you max of fuel, but you have to use it and so speed up again and again if you do all level long up with 1 pilots manual. So nit sure you gain much. Still everyone is different in how they play.

LuvCatsGames

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03wi7r3ta
Username
Captain LC

Very nice! Never thought about doing some of that. Thanks for the tips!

Top Bottom