Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

It Really Sucks!

With so many people leaving the game for good, it seems appropriate to wish them all well in whatever their future brings. People who have been playing the game for years and years will be sorely missed and though its understandable why they are going it sucks all the same
I'm sure more will follow if GI continue on ignoring the old timers who have little to achieve except a few more stars.
There are too many names to mention but I'm sure most of you know who they are. Fond farewell to you all

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
With so many people leaving the game for good, it seems appropriate to wish them all well in whatever their future brings. People who have been playing the game for years and years will be sorely missed and though its understandable why they are going it sucks all the same
I'm sure more will follow if GI continue on ignoring the old timers who have little to achieve except a few more stars.
There are too many names to mention but I'm sure most of you know who they are. Fond farewell to you all
It really has been a sad time over the past few months. So many departures of so many great players, and as more of us decide to retire, it's almost like GI doesnt realize the damage they're doing, nor do they care. No matter how often we say it, nothing changes.
And yet, Im not giving in. I'll keep doing my best to draw attention to the issue for those of us who remain, else we will be the ones on our way out too 😕

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
After founding several Alliances, reaching level 80 w nothing but stars left to chase, I even ridded myself, my main game of things like stonehenge, Aztec Pyramids, etc because all their drops, completed all the collections I needed to close my playbook, permanently. And as for those other special buildings, like the private school, or courthouse that rarely drops one item, to complete a mystery bonus, or those that 'drop' space flight items................ none of it benefits me anymore.

I joined another alliance to work on those maps/ get stars, but there again drop rates are nil unless you have 0 breakdowns, have plenty of fuel and passengers to fly 1000 planes and pray for one item to drop.

So yeah I'm bored..............really really bored

Don't forget to mention the loss of the weekend code.
Now a landexpansion takes forever with one greenie once a month or so.
But when you are clicking buildings too quick and then hit a wrong button it will cost you more greenies.
WHY?? That's so frustrating.
To avoid spending greenies unless you want to, use the "Notifications" button in Settings (first Image below). Then you will get a confirmation screen if you accidentally try to speed up a building with greenies (second image below). Hope that helps! :)

1647627013488.png
1647627065249.png

ℹ️ Playing now is more key, particularly (specific) event participation. Two somewhat recent events involved greens from cars which netted many (100's) greenies.

Last edited:
It was in Christmas event, coins and Airport cash were given by collecting it from cars as we collect from commercial buildings, only difference cars keep moving on the roads
I know, but normally we have once a week 3 greenies. Now we have to buy greenies or wait till the next "car" ;) event as Harcourt mentioned.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
32PUX7RHH
Username
Teqsunrz
Congrats you beat the game, time to move on the the next one. The same thing happens in all of these sort of games. Start out freebie friendly and slowly go to pay to win, with only a certain amount of content. Those who reach the top get bored and then move on. Why people complain about it so much I don't know, it has been happening for years. Find the next game, invite all your friends and beat that one. Not being mean, its just the gaming environment.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Congrats you beat the game, time to move on the the next one. The same thing happens in all of these sort of games. Start out freebie friendly and slowly go to pay to win, with only a certain amount of content. Those who reach the top get bored and then move on. Why people complain about it so much I don't know, it has been happening for years. Find the next game, invite all your friends and beat that one. Not being mean, its just the gaming environment.
"These sorts of games" are played for years. Check out the join dates of some of the people here by mousing over their names - 5 years, 7 years in @Ty Gigamon's case. 10 years for some.

There is no real "beating" this game. It's a game you play for the long haul.

People who have stuck it out this long aren't quitting because they are bored. That generally happens with new people who are frustrated they aren't "beating the game" fast enough. Mostly, the long-timers are leaving because they are frustrated with the game developer.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
"These sorts of games" are played for years. Check out the join dates of some of the people here by mousing over their names - 5 years, 7 years in @Ty Gigamon's case. 10 years for some.

There is no real "beating" this game. It's a game you play for the long haul.

People who have stuck it out this long aren't quitting because they are bored. That generally happens with new people who are frustrated they aren't "beating the game" fast enough. Mostly, the long-timers are leaving because they are frustrated with the game developer.
Well technically one of the main reasons they're frustrated with the game developer is because there isn't anything new for them to do...hence being bored 😅

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
As @Chloe11111 stated so well, this is a game for the longhaul. If you haven't been playing for years, you're not playing this game right. If you reach the goals too soon, youre either paying a lot or are cheating (a whole different discussion together), but I digress.
Part of the reason this game has existed for as long as it has is the gradual evolution over the years. The game has the current aesthetics, game mechanics, and levels because it has developed and evolved from its previous state. People are frustrated and leaving because that development has come to a crawl over the past 2 to 3 years. Post 7.0, there hasn't been many significant growth in terms of gameplay, except for changes to the bonus structure, changes in how events are played, and liveries (one of my favorites). However, there are plenty of things that are well overdue for an overhaul, such as the alliance wars/system, space launches, and new aircraft. Helis also are in need of significant changes, as they were never great from the beginning.

You know your game is good when you have longtime players begging for more. The developers should fulfill that demand; it's more profit for them anyway 😁

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
033rewse2
Username
Angel Beckford
But when you are clicking buildings too quick and then hit a wrong button it will cost you more greenies.
WHY?? That's so frustrating.
I had this issue with accidentally spending green cash but you can turn on the notifications again in the setting of the game. This at least gives you a warning before you spend again. Can get a little irritating because it means for all the items where you already have 100/100 youll get a notification everytime that item is earned again but I would say thats worth while considering how little green cash is given out as a reward these days.

Top Bottom