Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Is joining alliance worth it and how to maintain balance?

KhrysLo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03zxknxet
Username
KhrysLo
I’ve been playing Airport City for a few weeks now and currently I’m at level 30. I’ve been thinking about joining alliance for some time but I’m not sure if I’m ready.
I noticed that there are subsequent quests that require lots of time and efforts. For example, for the current quest I need to complete a lot of flights to certain destinations. However, I’m not sure whether I would be able to do that if I had to use my planes for alliance tasks. I don’t want to become a burden for an alliance by not doing my part but I also don’t want alliance to become a burden for me.
So, is it really worth it and is it possible to successfully combine quest and alliance tasks at my level or should I wait until idk I have certain number of this and that planes, skill stars, etc.?

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
You can opt to find an alliance that suits your gameplay.

For example, my alliance is aiming for the 50% bonus weekly. That means to do 1-2 tasks per week (not necessarily 3 tasks). With good plane balance, 2 tasks is easy enough to do (I do 2 tasks without extra effort from my part).

Some things that are relevant for you to know:
1. the alliance tasks are divided like this:
1st task = lowest level (cheapest) plane
2nd task = highest level (most expensive) plane
3rd task = plane you have the most
2. There are multiple destinations that are available when you are in an alliance
3. Top 100 alliance have access to Purple Maps (to get S3 planes)
4. There are some buildings/planes that can be bought only if you’re in an alliance

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I’ve been playing Airport City for a few weeks now and currently I’m at level 30. I’ve been thinking about joining alliance for some time but I’m not sure if I’m ready.
I noticed that there are subsequent quests that require lots of time and efforts. For example, for the current quest I need to complete a lot of flights to certain destinations. However, I’m not sure whether I would be able to do that if I had to use my planes for alliance tasks. I don’t want to become a burden for an alliance by not doing my part but I also don’t want alliance to become a burden for me.
So, is it really worth it and is it possible to successfully combine quest and alliance tasks at my level or should I wait until idk I have certain number of this and that planes, skill stars, etc.?

There is a user guide on this subject, you may want to read through it, if you have not done so already

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Blitz7

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
-
Username
Blitz7 F20
Worth it? yes for the bonus, will help you in the long run, especially for beginner to leveling up quickly or earn more coins.

The most important thing is to enjoy the game, not to make your gaming life more difficult. My advice would be, only join alliance when you feel you are ready. And change alliance when somehow you feel 'stuck' in there, for new challenge to keep yourself excited to play the game.

Device
  1. Android
Username
AC Huang
Just to play this game in your best relax and happy way.
Joining an alliance to get the maps for black plane or others is not necessary, but it may take your lot time and lose your health.
Two alliance task(mission) is not so difficult for high level player even three tasks, but you are in level 30 now which will result in a little pressure.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20nypra11
Username
MAC AIR
2nd task = highest level (most expensive) plane
*sigh* I wish I had known this earlier :). During the recent sale, I bought a S1 Thunderbird which I can't even fly because I don't have per-requisites for the destinations. Now I can't fly my 2nd alliance missions.

Oh well it's what I love about about Airport City, all these little unexplained challenges that seem to pop up.

*sigh* I wish I had known this earlier :). During the recent sale, I bought a S1 Thunderbird which I can't even fly because I don't have per-requisites for the destinations. Now I can't fly my 2nd alliance missions.

Oh well it's what I love about about Airport City, all these little unexplained challenges that seem to pop up.
Well, when you want to buy a more expensive and advanced plane or flight team, you have to prepare enough needed items in advance at level 4-5 games.

Pros:
1. Get stars and collections from hidden destinations (are only available when in an alliance). These collections' reward is buildings which drop items daily.
2. If your alliance is in the top 100 you get purple maps to even more hidden destinations which reward S3 (black) planes.
3. Depending on the percentage of weekly tasks completed your alliance will have a week long reward in a form of a bonus (ranging from %age increase in experience to %age increase in any bonus activated).

Cons:
1. They are time consuming (I normally do 1 task (easiest) within 2 days with no added effort running minimum of 2 planes.
2. These tasks require flight items (landing lamps, spare propellers, earplugs, etc), prior planning must be done and in order before the new week start.
3. They shift priorities from what you planned to what the alliance needs.

My 2 cents:
Look for an alliance that suits your playing style (some alliances are hard core strict while others are plain relaxed) so looking for an alliance that requires mandatory 1 task (or maybe 2) is not bad at all actually it will help you figure out the ins and outs of the alliance wing. The 30% bonus will help speed up levelling up while the 50% bonus will help you increase income. 70 - 100% is there for points maximisation (in my opinion).
As for plane balance, post #2 answered that part (thanks to Ivan for this bit of valuable info).

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bmvk3qb
Username
craigodile
Yes, I think it’s worth it. A nice social aspect of the game and, if you keep progressing with your planes, you’ll usually have reason enough to visit the required locations and get you experience stars, coins, and complete collections. I think most alliances are more than happy with 2 out of the 3 tasks completed.

I just wish it was possible to converse in-game with members.

Top Bottom