Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iPad Daily Trading Thread - From Monthly to Daily

Due to the popularity of the iPad Monthly trading thread, I think its time to move to the Daily Trading Thread technique.

A new thread will be created each day, making it quicker and easier for members to navigate and swap items with other players.

As per the Android Daily Trading Thread, Anyone can create a new Daily Trading Thread, as long as it follows the below guidelines.

Thread Title
Sunday 21st April 2013 - iPad & iPhone Daily Trading Thread

Post Content
To try and make the trading experience as easy as possible, we now have a Daily Trading Thread.

Please post the following details below:

Username
Items Required
Items You Can Send

If you already have these details in your signature, please feel free to post "See Signature" or copy and paste your signature into the post.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Due to the popularity of the iPad Monthly trading thread, I think its time to move to the Daily Trading Thread technique.

A new thread will be created each day, making it quicker and easier for members to navigate and swap items with other players.
Dave,
I respectfully disagree that it's quicker and easier for members to navigate and swap items with other players using a daily thread. With the monthly, when my Send refreshed, I started at the most current post and backtracked until I made a list of all my forum neighbors and what their specific needs were. I'm ready to gift now on my iPhone game and there are only four neighbors listed on today's forum. So I click over to Sunday's forum and start again there. But some of my neighbors weren't active on Sunday so I click over to the April forum to find them. I know I could do a forum-wide search for each one but that's even more time-consuming.
Perhaps my experience is different from others'. Does anyone else have any pros or cons for the daily thread?
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith - Thats a very valid point, but the threads were receiving around 500 posts a month. If you visit the thread on the 17th, where would you start? From someone that had posted on the 1st? But what if they were no longer active. I know theres going to be a few downsides to moving to a daily routine, but I think they are outweighed by the positives.

I would have started with a daily version when it was released on ios, however it just wasnt active enough. Now its reached that level I still personally think the DTT is the way forward.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
greensmith - Thats a very valid point, but the threads were receiving around 500 posts a month. If you visit the thread on the 17th, where would you start? From someone that had posted on the 1st? But what if they were no longer active. I know theres going to be a few downsides to moving to a daily routine, but I think they are outweighed by the positives.

I would have started with a daily version when it was released on ios, however it just wasnt active enough. Now its reached that level I still personally think the DTT is the way forward.
I understand your rationale for daily postings and I will deal with it. You ask if I visited the thread on the 17th, where would I start? I would go to the most recent posting and work backwards until I discover the needs of my ten or so prime gift neighbors. These are neighbors who post on the forum almost every day. Along the way I may find a few neighbors that post only sporadically. I usually accomplish this by backtracking on two or three pages. Then my list is complete.
Cheers,
Tom

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
greensmith - One of the tricks that I saw posted somewhere on the forums when I first started is very helpful in this regards... And, I'm wondering if it might be a good work around for you...

I have a fair number of neighbors that reliably send me gifts (that I then want to return the favor to of course). In turn, I use the members tab at the top of the forum to find the member. Then I "follow" that member. When I'm ready to gift, I simply go up to the top, hover over my name and click on the "People that you follow". From there, I right click and open up a needed member's profile in a new tab and take a look at their signature.
Doing this, I have everyone in one spot. And I don't have to go hunting for their last post. And most of us know that we need to keep our signature up to date by now. So, it works out beautifully. :)

As a side note: You can also quickly glance at their profile entry to see when/where/what they posted last.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
I usually use the Search feature and search by member, but that "only show posts in this forum" is defaulted on which is a pain. But I have often used that search to look for other neighbors on the same page of the searches that I get to cut down on time.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Dave,
After a few days of working with the daily thread, I'm still not a fan. If every forum member posted every day, the concept would work. But that's not the case. Navigating one thread is simple: go to the last page, scroll, go back a page, scroll, repeat. Navigating many threads is more time-consuming.
Just my opinion,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Dave,
You're The Captain and I'm just along for the ride. Airport City is my favorite game and this forum is fantastic. I appreciate all the work that you and your crew do to keep us flying high.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
I think if there was a simple way of searching your neighbors (one-click), then it wouldn't be an issue. Or if the search didn't default to "search this thread" or whatever!

:mask:

Nice smiley.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Dave,
Right now on my browser I have three forum tabs open: daily trading, imminent space launches, and the new Rock quest.
As long as you're combining iOS devices, why not also combine trading/launches/quests into one daily iOS Neighbor Forum. This would be a place to talk item trading items, rocket launching and questing comments. Instead of visiting three different forums, iOS members could visit one per day and get all their answers. As always ... just a suggestion.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
aruc5di - Adroid / Flyerduck - iPad
Username
OBD - Android / Flyerduck - iPad
Looking forward to rockin this new event!

Please don't send me Biker Jackets, though. These drop frequently enough from the Festival Camp that i am confident i will get more than enough. Instead, please send the Arena Items (Current needs - Flyerduck - 1x Loudspeaker, 4x Power Amplifier, 2x Spotlight, 4x Haze Machine).

Happy to help any others with whatever item they would like from me, on my Android game (Haze Machine & Biker Jacket to send) on iPad (Spotlight & Biker Jacket to send).

Device
  1. iPad
Dave I have been giving the daily thread some thought. I can see why the monthly thread was too long, but perversely I find the daily thread too short. I wanted to give it a fair go as I am someone who does not post every day, but wonder if we could try a third option of a weekly thread to begun on eg a Monday morning? This way I can still look through one thread for the main names re trading etc. for example, so far today, no one I "know"has posted in the daily thread. Could we consider this?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Niteflyer1
Username
Niteflyer1
Sorry, thought the signature would automatically add on. Here it is.

What I can give: fuel catalyst, bright lantern, lawnmower, air conditioner, chocolate candies, cockpit glass, welder, landing lamp, radar, sandbag, bracelet, radio transmitter, laser level, guestbook, cognac, fuel supply, jet engine, binocs, fuel additive, drill machine, optical system, additional radar, makeup, cash counter, spare wire, lining plate, landing gear, flight catering, beacon, cooling chamber, navigation module, city model, fuel hose, gyroscope, propeller

My wish list- defroster, beacons, additional radar, landing lamp, fuel supply, fuel additive

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Sorry, thought the signature would automatically add on. Here it is.

What I can give: fuel catalyst, bright lantern, lawnmower, air conditioner, chocolate candies, cockpit glass, welder, landing lamp, radar, sandbag, bracelet, radio transmitter, laser level, guestbook, cognac, fuel supply, jet engine, binocs, fuel additive, drill machine, optical system, additional radar, makeup, cash counter, spare wire, lining plate, landing gear, flight catering, beacon, cooling chamber, navigation module, city model, fuel hose, gyroscope, propeller

My wish list- defroster, beacons, additional radar, landing lamp, fuel supply, fuel additive
Niteflyer1,
We have a daily thread for iOS players. Today's thread can be found here:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/thr...ber-2013-ipad-iphone-daily-trade-thread.3912/
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
GETaklu
Username
Klu
Hey all,

I am looking for a few new neighbors that might have the items that I an looking for.
I am a daily player and I re-gift.

Thanks for the help in advance!!!!

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Thad69
Username
Thad69
Hey folks. Am pretty new to the game, brand new to the forums but I'm stuck on an item and it's doing my head in!
Level 21, 28 stars, 5 hearts. I play lots of times a day. I'm not really familiar with the friend adding process, I seem to invite lots of people but never seem to get invited, am I missing something?

I really need a Stamp. After that then Cash Counter, Server Rack. ThenRope Block and Sandbags. Puuuurleeeeze!

I can offer bright lantern, robotic law mower, computer, single malt whiskey, cockpit glass, welder, landing light, copy machine, sandbag, all inclusive bracelet, powerful radio transmitter, video wall, robot tester, slide rule, cognac, Fula supply, weather display, jet engine, fuel additives, powers source, optical system, additional radar, make up, shredder, spare wire, hull parts, landing gear,oscillating beacon, flight catering and packaging machine.

If you want to be friends then best message me in here when you request me, as I don't know where to find requests. Or nobody has ever requested me. :-(

Top Bottom