Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Increased Plane Repairs

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
Since the last few events many players have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of repairs needed upon flight completion. Whether this is due to increased flights or further tactics from G! we may never know.

In a few short weeks I have depleted a once completely full warehouse of parts. I do land several hundred guest planes daily.

Are there any other suggestions on how to combat this?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Use bonuses that reduce breakdowns. This will help.

Also, not all replacement parts come from guest planes. You may need to fly to specific destinations to pick them up. For example, when you are very new, you fly to Egypt and Goa a lot. So this replenishes your stock. But then you stop flying to those destinations to fly to others. But you are flying owls a lot to get through the 100 flights required for event tasks so using up lots of light engines.

It may just SEEM like you are using more - but at the same time, you definitely are not replenishing them with the right flights.

Use bonuses that reduce breakdowns. This will help.

Also, not all replacement parts come from guest planes. You may need to fly to specific destinations to pick them up. For example, when you are very new, you fly to Egypt and Goa a lot. So this replenishes your stock. But then you stop flying to those destinations to fly to others. But you are flying owls a lot to get through the 100 flights required for event tasks so using up lots of light engines.

It may just SEEM like you are using more - but at the same time, you definitely are not replenishing them with the right flights.
I'm not so sure that more frequent breakdowns are a consequence of more intense flying.

My feeling is that planes DO break more frequently nowadays, when comparing to what was usual some 6 months ago.
Everyday I experience several break downs, sometimes a few in a row. And it's not unusual now to wake up in the morning just to find 4 or 5 of my 14 active planes in need of repair.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
I'm not so sure that more frequent breakdowns are a consequence of more intense flying.

My feeling is that planes DO break more frequently nowadays, when comparing to what was usual some 6 months ago.
Everyday I experience several break downs, sometimes a few in a row. And it's not unusual now to wake up in the morning just to find 4 or 5 of my 14 active planes in need of repair.
I usually run 6 swifts at a time (at least 10 times a day). Almost always 2 needing repair, sometimes 3, and very rarely 1. When I do run Hawks 4 at a time, they seem to come back with 1. But I don't run them back to back all day long, day after day, so I'm not sure how accurate that is.

It really is just going to be what it is. I am just seeing if there is more that could be done to keep a good warehouse full of repair items and prevent waiting for repairs or needing more repair stands.

Just
I usually run 6 swifts at a time (at least 10 times a day). Almost always 2 needing repair, sometimes 3, and very rarely 1. When I do run Hawks 4 at a time, they seem to come back with 1. But I don't run them back to back all day long, day after day, so I'm not sure how accurate that is.

It really is just going to be what it is. I am just seeing if there is more that could be done to keep a good warehouse full of repair items and prevent waiting for repairs or needing more repair stands.
don’t forget to use the Golden Wrench bonus carefully. Keep them for map runs when you are speeding up lots of flights. Wont stop all breakdowns (only a gold subscription does that) but makes intensive flying a lot easier.

Many repair items are available via helicopter flights as well. I don’t bother with tier 2&3 hells for repairs because there’s too much stuffing around with manufacturing helo flight items, but the base level flights are quite handy.
Having said al that, if I’m flying waves of swifts, I rarely repair them. Burn them and buy new ones ;).

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
Many repair items are available via helicopter flights as well. I don’t bother with tier 2&3 hells for repairs because there’s too much stuffing around with manufacturing helo flight items, but the base level flights are quite handy.
Thanks. I was unaware, as I have no helo's.
Having said al that, if I’m flying waves of swifts, I rarely repair them. Burn them and buy new ones ;).
(y) Nice way to think outside the box. 450 coins each...., maybe. It would run me about 10k a day. I can't quite afford that yet. But a few not all might work. Thanks for the creative insight.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Thanks. I was unaware, as I have no helo's.

(y) Nice way to think outside the box. 450 coins each...., maybe. It would run me about 10k a day. I can't quite afford that yet. But a few not all might work. Thanks for the creative insight.
Perspective is a beautiful thing. I’ve been known to sell all planes due to lack of items 😅
Mistakenly sold a condor earlier, 1,500,000 coins down the pan 🤪

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Perspective is a beautiful thing. I’ve been known to sell all planes due to lack of items 😅
Mistakenly sold a condor earlier, 1,500,000 coins down the pan 🤪
Even though Im sitting on millions of coins, I can't see myself selling anything above a raven. Selling a condor would probably put me into shock 😵

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I’m 13M up on this morning anyway 😉
Well shucks if that's your accumulation rate, I can see why you send condors to the graveyard for giggles.

If you dont mind me asking, what is the major contributor to you gaining so much in such a short period of time? I gain each day, but I might gain in the tens of thousands (I do make occasional excavation purchases which eat into profits)...certainly not in the millions!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Well shucks if that's your accumulation rate, I can see why you send condors to the graveyard for giggles.

If you dont mind me asking, what is the major contributor to you gaining so much in such a short period of time? I gain each day, but I might gain in the tens of thousands (I do make occasional excavation purchases which eat into profits)...certainly not in the millions!
1 Million+ passengers, 8 new S3 planes, 52 new super mystery bonuses, 3 more Luna parks and more .... (most of which haven’t been collected yet) 🤣
It’s not a normal thing (obviously? Or shall we start a new debate 😬).

My accumulation rate is actually relatively low, especially compared to some of my alliance peers that are chasing coins. I’m beyond the point where I need them, so I don’t actively do anything to earn more. I will use a business/comfort class bonus if I’m doing a run, but that’s about the extent of it.

So no magic tricks here unfortunately.

The ‘square’ method can be used in the same manner as passengers (I’m guessing you‘re well beyond this point) - something that’s rarely discussed. The only other quick win I’m aware of is running Heli’s to Mont Blanc when other bonuses are running for the extra coins. Not something I do, but I know it can be extremely lucrative if you are inclined.

1 Million+ passengers, 8 new S3 planes, 52 new super mystery bonuses, 3 more Luna parks and more .... (most of which haven’t been collected yet) 🤣

My accumulation rate is actually relatively low, especially compared to some of my alliance peers that are chasing coins. I’m beyond the point where I need them, so I don’t actively do anything to earn more. I will use a business/comfort class bonus if I’m doing a run, but that’s about the extent of it.

The ‘square’ method can be used in the same manner as passengers (I’m guessing you‘re well beyond this point) - something that’s rarely discussed. The only other quick win I’m aware of is running Heli’s to Mont Blanc when other bonuses are running for the extra coins. Not something I do, but I know it can be extremely lucrative if you are inclined.
I confirm the heli part. It’s a pain to gather/maintain at max all heli parts, but each time I send my red goldfinch to Mont Blanc, SC and JP active, some 23k get in.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
Alright it's nice listening to you long timers. You know I'm new this year. I will bite. What is the square method?

I definitely need coins but, I think I have maximized coin for my size. I do not need pax yet. I will once I start running 5 Hawks non-stop, probably after Riding the Comet. I'm level 43. Collect about 25k coin in buildings and 15k in flights per day (for hourly attention). If I login just 6 times a day it drops to 12k buildings and 9k flights.

Alright it's nice listening to you long timers. You know I'm new this year. I will bite. What is the square method?

I definitely need coins but, I think I have maximized coin for my size. I do not need pax yet. I will once I start running 5 Hawks non-stop, probably after Riding the Comet. I'm level 43. Collect about 25k coin in buildings and 15k in flights per day (for hourly attention). If I login just 6 times a day it drops to 12k buildings and 9k flights.
Search on "Magic Square", there was a very recent thread on.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

No more debates please; we might start another cheaters witch hunt 😩
But yes, if you're doing all of that, then it explains the accumulation rates.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

As Maverick said.
To elaborate a little more, position buildings with a bonus for coins/passengers around a 2x2 or 3x3 square, so the radius’s overlap. Move building in, collect with compounding bonuses, swap for the next building ready to collect.

Most ‘free’ coin/passenger boosting bonus buildings come from event rewards, Heli flights, or ’free’ with a midweek direct store purchase (such as the metro stations currently being offered).

Do the search as suggested for more, pictures, etc.

Top Bottom